Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:40:18 PM EDT
OK, maybe I'll get Tonked for this... But the way I see it, what is a forum for if not to share your good (and bad) experiences with products and companies.  And I firmly believe that, if you're gonna share the negative, then you are obligated to share the positive as well, so here goes, like it or not.

I posted a thread last week about a disappointing phone call I had with Specter gear trying to purchase a couple of tri-glides for my Specter Gear slings.  That thread was locked, but fortunately not before it was seen by the right person (or people).

Just last night, I noticed a familiar e-mail in my inbox.  And here it is:

Onslaught,

Jeff at Specter Gear here. Things have been really busy here at Specter Gear and I don't get to spend as much time on the forums as I would like to. Thank goodness a friend sent me a link to the thread about your having had trouble when you called us up for a couple of tri-glides.

I would like to apologize for any trouble that you had with one of my staff members. It is true that I don't get to spend much time answering the phones these days myself, but customer service is definitely very important to me!

A couple of the people that are on the phones are very new and are still a bit unsure of themselves, but that is no excuse for any type of rude behavior. While it is true that we do not sell hardware or webbing anymore, sending out a couple of tri-glides to a long-time customer whose
rifle and sling configuration changed is not a problem at all. I will definitely have a chat with my customer service staff this morning.

Please email me your shipping info and I will have a couple of 1.25" tri-glides sent out to you today at no charge.

I noted that one of the people who posted in your thread stated that Specter Gear had been sold to someone else. To set the record straight, that is not correct. We did change the name of the company to Specter Gear a while back, but my business partner Scott and I still own 100% of
the company. While we have hired a lot of production, customer service and support staff, Scott and I still run the whole place.  

Once again, I apologize for the trouble that you had with my customer service staff. Rest assured that I will sort things out on this end.

Stay safe.

Regards,

Jeff Orchard
CEO
Specter Gear, Inc.

Needless to say, I was very pleased that Jeff took the time not only to e-mail me, but to try multiple avenues of contacting me because I don't get system generated e-mails from ARFCOM.  It reminded me of the reason I started trying CQB Solutions/Specter Gear slings and gear to begin with...  Top notch, useable products, and you can't beat being able to talk directly with the CEO!  

I told him I didn't want freebees, and if he didn't quote me a price I was going to mail $10 to him with no markings or return address on it.

I don't see where it was "wrong" to post my first experience since I DID contact the company first, but right or wrong, I absolutely had to come back and let everyone know the extent that Jeff went to work things out.

(preparing for *hopefully temporary* suspension)
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice post onslaught. It is companies that respond like that which cause a person to be a lifetime consumer of their products.  Glad everything worked out for you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:41:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I've always been impressed with CQB / Specter.  Good product and good people.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:45:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for posting this -
That alone puts this vendor on my approved list
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
i purchased one of their 3pt slings for my L1A1, and was interested if they made anything for my FN police (winchester 1300 defender) shotgun at the time, about 6 months later they emailed me to let me know they had started shipping them. i was impressed that they even remembered me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:32:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Jeff is one of the best. I have purchased from him numerous times and he has always went above and beyond.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]
+1. Jeff went way out of his way to meet a need on one of my projects, exceeding my expectations of what he might be able to do, at a price point I could not have imagined, and with delivery on-time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#10]
That is a great company ,have bought several slings from them and will buy again!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I have always been treated very well by Jeff and the folks at CQB Solutions/Specter Gear.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Update:

I received 4 triglides (asked for 2) in the mail yesterday.  They were shipped USPS Priority Mail at a cost (to them) of $4.55.  

My conversation with Jeff about paying for the triglides was pretty amusing, and I conceded on paying for them, BUT I having seen the cost of shipping, I'll be sending him $5 for that at least.

Thanks to Specter for making it right, thanks to everyone who followed the progress, and I'd also like to thank all the "other" dealers and manufacturers who have IMed and posted offering to send me triglides as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:10:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm not surprised. Jeff is a great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Never had a problem with them.  Great company.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Specter Gear has always been good to me.

As far as the freebie goes, I had a bad expierience with a Distributor for one company and sent them a email about it. They wanted my address to send me out  what I Was looking for at No Charge. I asked around to some people and came up with this conclusion.

That is a small gratuity, and a gesture to make sure they keep your business. it all most means most times that they will have a customer for life after that

Enjoy your slings
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#16]
My last experience with Specter Gear. I had lost the collapseable buttstock sling attachment for my sling and e-mailed Specter Gear to buy a replacement. Here's the e-mail response:

Hello Opesus,

Thank you for your continued interest in Specter Gear!

As it happens, we have thousands of those particular attachments here. Normally, they are $4.00 plus shipping, but after spending an afternoon at the range with my SOCOM 16 on a CST Sling, I am especially appreciative of your choice in three point slings.     ;-)

I would have no problem sending one your way at no charge.

What color do you need and where can I ship it?

Regards,

Jeff
Specter Gear, Inc.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Wheww...   I am so releaved!  Onslaught's experience with Jeff mirrors my own, and I am very glad to hear he's still at the helm.  I have been very happy with my Spectre Gear (CQB Solutions) gear, and look forward to purchasing more!  Thanks for sharing Onslaught!  And keep up the great work Jeff!

-Hershey
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Good post.  Glad to hear they are busy as they are good folks.  I have a couple CQB Sol./ Specter Gear slings and so do a great number of the people I shoot with.  I have not placed an order in some time but you have reminded me that I need to!  Ah, the endless trail of money!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#19]
It's good to hear of companies taking care of their customers, because there are so many that don't.
I have a few items from Specter Gear and I'll continue to send some of my $$ their way.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Cool. I just ordered another one of their slings last week.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I have not even had a chance to look at much of their gear at all. now i think i will have to look into there stuff. i have heard nothing but good about htem over in the armory.
Link Posted: 4/28/2006 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Jeff is a great guy.  Every experience with him has left me feeling great about my purchase.  

If you happen to read this, thanks Jeff.

Link Posted: 4/29/2006 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top