Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2005 5:57:20 AM EDT
Just got my MIAD for my M4.  That is one hell of a grip.  I really, really like the texturing.  I like being able to make the grip longer, but I wish it had a little more swell to it.  The trigger guard is great and is completly out of the way.  Mine came with the 5 round holder, but I intend on switching it out for either the battery core or the bolt carrier.
Also got a Magpul ladder rail.  This was trimmed and put on the top rail and hump of my RASII.  While the exposed rail wasn't a big problem it did occasionally get snagged on something or other.  Now that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks Magpul, good products (along with the other Magpul stuff I've got).
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:51:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I as well picked up a couple MIAD's and absolutely love them. It is by far the most comfortable and versatile grip out there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#2]
They are great.... here is the one my dog played with

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are great.... here is the one my dog played with

img60.imageshack.us/img60/4396/p20300218002io.jpg

Last night I was getting the grip out of the bag and my Pit Dachshund Gretchin A/K/A Tubbalina came over to check it out.  She assumes that anything that comes in a bag simply must be food, so she was taking a keen interest in the different components and started to walk off with one of the back straps.  I thought of your shepard and grip when she did that.  Fortunately, I was able to retrieve the part before any damage was done.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You missed out on extra texture....
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I could leave it with the cow dog outside if I need it.  She can chew up anything, including cans.
As for now, the surface is "grippy" enough.  I can't get over that, it's better than grip tape.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree, I had picked up the TD grip at one point because someone had told me that it fit large hands and had great texture.  I mounted it on an AR, then pulled it back off.  The MIAD has the best grip out of any I've tried.

I'll stick with the MIADs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got the MIAD grip for my M4 too before Thanksgiving....

Hours of entertainment trying to choose which pieces to use .

Gotta question, I used the front grip piece with the built in trigger guard,  how far does the screw go in? Mine is still sticking out  (.076" from the receiver) I don't want to force it.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I screwed mine in until it was below the surface of the receiver.  Just be carefull that you don't put it in too far, as that keeps the guard from "springing" out of place, just like the original spring loaded detent.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Gotta question, I used the front grip piece with the built in trigger guard,  how far does the screw go in? Mine is still sticking out  (.076" from the receiver) I don't want to force it.  

Flush it up with the receiver ear and you are good to go.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top