Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2012 10:17:23 PM EDT
Do they piggy back, or use an offset for the red dot?

Also, it seems like having a visible spectrum weapon light AND a IR light on the sides or bottom in front would be very useful, not just one or the other...how is that typically accomplished?

If anyone has pictures as an example that would be very useful.  I have a 16" upper with quad rail that I'm working with on this....

JC
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Usually it is just one or the other but I think I have seen a Military thermal sight with an Insight MRDS on top. The best thing for a flashlight is an incan with filter or one of the new vampire type lights. Different lighting situations/different targets require different aiming devices but the answer probably isn't having every one mounted on the same gun but multiple guns set up for different roles.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Gotcha, don't make it look like a swiss army knife.  :-)

I was going to do a red dot with buis also, and then I guess on another I'll setup a NV scope without any buis, or maybe flip up/down just in case.

Thanks for the info.

JC
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top