Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2010 11:04:39 AM EDT
I received my Spikes tactical 16" carbine with 10" rail this week.  I bought 1000 rounds of privi M193 as well.  I went to the range and tried zeroing it in at 100 yards but was having trouble so I brought it in to 50 then 25.  This is my first rifle but have shot several different pistols.  I was trying to adjust the sights but was having a hard time.  The front flip up sight I have heard that you can use a tip of a bullet to turn it.  I could unlock it but the post was so tight I could not turn it.  The rear sight was hard to rotate as well.  Any tips on sighting and adjusting troy sights is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with the front but on the rear I just use the tip of a bullet and push the ball bearing detent down and rotate it one click at a time.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always used the tiny flat head piece on a leatherman, it seems to fit just about perfectly.  If that still isn't cutting it I'd go ahead and get a front sight adjustment tool, there's a ton of them out there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I use toothpicks to adjust my Troy rear BUIS.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
EDIT: I'll have to take this back, don't think those will work on a Troy front sight. I only have Troy rear sights.

http://www.troyind.com/manuals/FrontSight_Manual.pdf

AR duel front sight adjusting tool.

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#5]
i've used a 5.56 bullet tip to adjust mine, but it wasn't all that easy.  it worked, but a punch might've worked better.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#6]
My adjustment tool works on my troys.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top