Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2009 6:09:54 PM EDT
What is the difference between the two?  All I can see is the type of battery.  I am looking at the M3 Multi Reticle and the M4 Style Dot.  Can I get them both with the high canted mount?  If so, how will it cowitness , 1/3 or complete?  Thanks, I am looking for a range Red Dot and this looks like a good deal.  I am a little worried about a clone and performance, but money is tight here like every where else these days.
Link Posted: 7/1/2009 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would spend the extra and get a Vortex Strikefire. http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-strikefire-red-dot-scope-for-ar15
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the m3 dot. (not multi reticle)

To me the multi reticle is a gimmick.

I dropped the M3, out of the box, onto my LR-308 AP4 and with no adjustments was hitting bowling pin tops at 100 yds off hand.

Now 2.5K rds later, no adjustments needed and it is still smacking bowling pin heads.
Link Posted: 7/3/2009 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2009 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would spend the extra and get a Vortex Strikefire. http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-strikefire-red-dot-scope-for-ar15

Why is this?  What are the extra benefits for the money?

Link Posted: 7/3/2009 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up the M4 for 2 reasons.  I tend to leave my red dots on and more than once have had a dead battery in the field.  The M4 has the most universal battery known to man.  Makes for ease of getting one in if the primary dies.  Just steal one from the mp3 player.  Second is the 2MOA dot.  That is a must for me.  That is why I like the M4.  My $.02.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top