Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2009 3:09:46 PM EDT
Am putting an Eotech 517 on a Bushy M4 picky rail.  What is a decent rear flipup that can cowitness with this and use the stock front site.......
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Troy
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this the one...

http://www.m-aparts.com/productsDetail.asp?id=1108

And does co-witness mean that irons sights line up with the eotech dot ??  If so, how is it that they line right up?  Or does co-witness just mean you can look through the optical sight to see the front sight...  sorry.. new to all this.  And, do I just mount this on my rail and it is lined up OK with the height of the EOtech which is also on the rail?  I have the 517, which I think is 7mm higher than the 512.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Jezzuz... this Troy rear flip up is out of stock the first 10 places I find it...

Anybody know where it shows in stock??
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I am putting a Magpul MBUS on mine... looks like they are getting really close to shipping; FINALLY.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am putting a Magpul MBUS on mine... looks like they are getting really close to shipping; FINALLY.

I've been waiting patiently...any idea on price?
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought any standard height BUIS would. I have used an LMT CCH style BUIS, and I am now using a Matech. Both gave an absolute co-witness with my Eotech.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Patiently nothing!  Mine just shipped today!  Woo Hoo!   Oy, yeah.  The MBUS rear sight is $49.95, and the front is 39.95.  The front MBUS sight should only be used on quad rails, not on gas blocks, due to issues with heat.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought any standard height BUIS would. I have used an LMT CCH style BUIS, and I am now using a Matech. Both gave an absolute co-witness with my Eotech.

Ya, duh... after I asked that it dawn on me that the gun is pointed somewhere, and if the iron sights and optics are both on target, they point to the same thing... doh....

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Patiently nothing!  Mine just shipped today!  Woo Hoo!   Oy, yeah.  The MBUS rear sight is $49.95, and the front is 39.95.  The front MBUS sight should only be used on quad rails, not on gas blocks, due to issues with heat.

Ugh...wasn't planning on getting one, was hoping I'd get away w/ a MOE handguard and a polymerhandguard rail for a forward grip.  Any advise for an inexpensive quad rail?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top