Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:06:58 PM EDT
I am very new to the rifle scene.  I recently picked up a M4A3 and have a one time opportunity to get a new Trijicon scope at a very good discount through a friends friend.  I know this rifle is not intended for extremely long distance accuracy and I did not intend on using it for that purpose.

You know these rifles far better than I will for quite some time so please help me pick the appropriate scope to purchase.  I want to take full advantage of this one time opportunity to by the best quality scope I can.  

What Trijicon scope would you recommend for the distance that this rifle is intended to be used?

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=150&t=817773

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=406503

Check in these two threads for discussion of the new Trijicon 1-4 power variable scope which is a great new scope.  They are brand new, just announced at the SHOT show and so may not be shipping for a couple months.  I'm envious of your shopping opportunity!
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the links, I will check them out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
On a rifle that light, that 1-4x scope may be a little heavy...
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone else have any advice?  My friend is asking me to notify him by morning which Trijicon product I would like.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]
if it were me, i'd want the new 30mm 1-4x.
if the deal's only good for what's available right now, then the 1" 1.25-4x.

alot of people like ACOGs too.
if i were going with ACOG, i'd want one of these.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#6]
ACOGs are nice, they don't take up as much space as a regular scope.
As far as ACOGs go, if you could manage any of the TA31 series (F, RCO M150, DOC) or a TA33R-8
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea, I have the TA31 TRD CptSpau mentioned above. I am in love but would also really consider the ACOG RCO. -Ben
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
if it were me, i'd want the new 30mm 1-4x.
if the deal's only good for what's available right now, then the 1" 1.25-4x.

alot of people like ACOGs too.
if i were going with ACOG, i'd want one of these.

OK, I just received my new Accupoint 1-4x Green Dot.  I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction to purchase the scope rings, etc. I will need to mount this on my S&W MP15T.

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Depending on your shooting style...

LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104
or for NTCH type shooting...
LaRue Tactical SPR-E LT-139

ADM makes a similar style mount as well but I can't find a link at the moment.  Rings don't get a scope far enough forward on an AR15 for a reasonable shooting posture with the eye relief required with most scopes.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Depending on your shooting style...

LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104
or for NTCH type shooting...
LaRue Tactical SPR-E LT-139

ADM makes a similar style mount as well but I can't find a link at the moment.  Rings don't get a scope far enough forward on an AR15 for a reasonable shooting posture with the eye relief required with most scopes.

Once again, thanks for the advice.  The description for the LT-104 states "This is absolutely the best mount made for putting a high-power glass onto a flattop style AR-15, period. The cantilever throws the scope out front, allowing you to get the right eye relief."

Is the Trijicon 1x4 Accupoint really "high-power glass"?  I know it's high quality, but 1x4 power doesn't seem like high-power to me.  I'm extremely new to the rifle scene, I have only shot pistols for the last 10 years, so scopes are not something I am use to.  I am OK in spending the $195, which is way more than I thought I would have to spend to mount my Trijicon if this is the best product to do so, I just want to make sure it is the right product before spending that much.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#11]
You can try some type of scope rings, but the Larue SPR is the bee's knees.

I was a little hesitant to drop the cash, but it works out really well. I have an Accupoint 3-9x and it works out great.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
ETA:  Ok, I read the entire thread after posting and so disregard everything below this line.  I'd say, GET THE LARUE SPR and buy once, cry once.  Don't mess around with sketchy rings, etc.

Are you getting them direct from Trijicon?  If it were me, I'd go with one of these:

TA31F

or

TA33G-H

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top