Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/7/2008 9:24:08 AM EDT
http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=BU&category=0&prodID=BU300205

Anyone used this? What mount would work best on a flat top?
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one, I really like it.  I used the xtra high mounts on mine.
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:

considering one of these myself - will the xts-135 co-witness with the xtra high mounts?
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

considering one of these myself - will the xts-135 co-witness with the xtra high mounts?

Absolute = high, Lower Third = extra high, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
any more information anyone can offer on this sight?  seems like a decent alternative to more expensive options
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Im impressed with mine, and Burris is a great when it comes to customer service. A much better value than an over priced Aimpoint, after all they are just red dots!
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Ditto on the ring heights. I emailed Burris and they said high is absolute co-witness and extra high is lower 1/3 co-witness. I ordered the red dot and extra high ring from SWFA about a week and half ago. And its back ordered. They are supposed to receive the next batch Feb. 28th. Rats. Oh well. The XTS 135 is $206 at SWFA.

And I'm in the same boat as others. I'm sure aimpoints are nice and super reliable, buts its a dang $350 red dot. And thats for the basic M or ML2, which ever is not night vision compatible. I'm thinking this Burris sight will meet my needs nicely.

I have some other Burris optics, which are magnified, and they are great values. I do think this sight is out sourced, though, from Japan South Korea - as discovered by KNIGHTENFORCER (thanks). Unlike their other magnified optics which are made in house in the USA.

Link Posted: 2/8/2008 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget, if you're Mil or LE or a host of other things...you can get 50% off MSRP if you order from Burris.
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Don't forget, if you're Mil or LE or a host of other things...you can get 50% off MSRP if you order from Burris.

That is wonderful information to have, I certainly wouldnt mind paying half price for anything..... i haven't been able to find it on the burris website store though
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 6:09:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is wonderful information to have, I certainly wouldnt mind paying half price for anything..... i haven't been able to find it on the burris website store though

E-mail them and they will send you the form back.  You can get up to 3 scopes per year with the discount.
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Do you know what the MSRP is?  I know it's more than $206, but you'd still end up with a bit of a discount over any mailorder retail outfit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know what the MSRP is?  I know it's more than $206, but you'd still end up with a bit of a discount over any mailorder retail outfit.

It's not nearly half off of the price you could get it elsewhere, but I paid less than $200 shipped with mounting ring...so still a pretty good deal.  The MSRP is listed on their website.

HTH,
Aiden
Link Posted: 2/10/2008 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I just put one on my RRA 9mm w/Xtra high ring, great sight at a good price from a good company. Good for a home defense weapon, don't know that I'd go into combat with it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#13]
anybody have any pics of the sight on a rifle?  I am very seriously considering picking it up soon.  quick question though...will it fit and co-witness on any aimpoint mounts?
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm not sure, but I think the 135 is a variant of the S.P.O.T. dots also.

Did anyone ever hear anything about the 235, it was a dot with a separate 2x magnifier. Burris seemed to never release it, though it has been on the website for a year now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not sure, but I think the 135 is a variant of the S.P.O.T. dots also.
quote]

I believe that the -135 and SPOT are based on the same design, but the -135 has better glass, seals and electronics.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Has anybody put one of these on an A2?
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 4:33:13 AM EDT
[#18]
MSRP from their retail price list is $369.  Half off would make it $185 + shipping.  It is $213 shipped from opticsplanet.com.  That doesn't include mounting rings.  I've got the Vltor CASV-EL.  Which type of ring should I get?  1/4", 1/2"?
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#19]
the discount is actually 55%, not a huge difference but every little bit counts.  either way it'll be a little under 200 shipped with rings....stilll wondering if this thing will work on an aimpoint mount and co-witness....anybody?
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]
The following is information I received from Burris regarding LE and Military discounts, the XTS-135 and XTS-235 red Dot and the new XTR 14. Hope this helps.

height=8

Yes we do have a Law Enforcement Discount. If this is for your personal use I will attach a copy of the document. It is very self explanatory. You can visit our web site for product detail and retail pricing. http://www.burrisoptics.com/

If this is for department use, please contact Sky Leighton at [email protected] He will have all the details on how it works for departmental use.

This program is for domestic shipments only. There are no international sales allowed.

The XTS 135 is a great red dot sight with 30mm tube that will allow it to be mounted in many configurations. The XTS 235 was never released because of technical issues with point of impact, so it is not available. I would also look at the XTR 14 (1x-4X tactical) with the FastFire reflex sight mounted to the picitinni ring top. It has a illuminated 5.56 ballistic reticle and is perfect for the AR. I hope this helps. Enjoy the discount!
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Here is a pic of mine.

i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/Aiden80013/burrisonar.jpg

What height mount did you use there. That looks good to me. Thanks for the picture.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn, I hate the lag
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Triple tap.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is a pic of mine.

i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/Aiden80013/burrisonar.jpg

What height mount did you use there. That looks good to me. Thanks for the picture.

That is the extra high mount.  No prob on the pic.
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine came in the mail today.
After years of shooting with a Trijicon Reflex I hope this will be a positive change.
I was not sure which mount/rings I wanted to go with for the long term so I borrowed this ProMag mount from a friend.

Link Posted: 2/17/2008 5:57:54 AM EDT
[#26]
does it co-witness on the promag mount?
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
does it co-witness on the promag mount?

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Got mine today, (good deal on ebay) I believe it came with the burris low ring mount, but because I have the VLTOR CASV FF, it raised the optic approx by 1/2 inch, making co-witness with the irons pretty good. (see pics).

-

-

-
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Where is it made?
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#30]
From previous replies, I read that Burris makes most of their scopes in the US, but this one might have been out sourced in Japan? (see previous page)
Link to their website:
www.burrisoptics.com/tactical2.html
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd be willing to bet it's made in China, but to tighter and better specs than the bottom feeder Chinese stuff.  They're capable of making tight-spec gear in their factories, but people have to be willing to pay more.

Link Posted: 2/20/2008 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'd be willing to bet it's made in China, but to tighter and better specs than the bottom feeder Chinese stuff.  They're capable of making tight-spec gear in their factories, but people have to be willing to pay more.

I doubt it's made in China, quality is excellent and the reticle does'nt get washed out in sunlight. I'll e-mail them and ask.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Chinese doesn't automatically mean poor quality junk.  Again, they can spec the quality and brightness to a factory in China, and have it made that way.  The Chinese actually make some very good quality stuff, if the vendor and the customers are willing to pay extra for tighter specs and quality control.  Now, some of these look-alike scopes are made in Korea, too, so that's a possibility, but I'll guarantee it's not made in the USA or Sweden.

The Burris lifetime warranty doesn't apply to their FastFire, which only has a one year warranty, and Midway claims the XTS-135 has a 1 year warranty on their page for it.  This is pretty common with these scopes.  The Burris page isn't specific about this.

Anybody have the warranty docs with the XTS-135?  I'm curious what they say.

Link Posted: 2/20/2008 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Has anybody put one of these on an A2?

It's an A1 uppper on a 9mm but you get the point.

Link Posted: 2/20/2008 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#35]
It's made in Korea.
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#36]

The Chinese actually make some very good quality stuff, ....

General Tso's chicken,  Shrimp Lo Mein etc....
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Anybody have the warranty docs with the XTS-135?  I'm curious what they say.

Standard mail-in warranty card:
"A full one-year against workmanship and materials"

Other paperwork that came with it also states "limited 12 months for the original owner"

Battery life is rated at a very poor 200 hours with no info on where it's made.

Link Posted: 2/20/2008 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#38]
What type of mount did you go with?

Quoted:
After years of shooting with a Trijicon Reflex I hope this will be a positive change.
I was not sure which mount/rings I wanted to go with for the long term so I borrowed this ProMag mount from a friend.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/AMMOTECH/STA75646.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/AMMOTECH/STA75645.jpg
Link Posted: 2/20/2008 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I sent Burris an e-mail asking about where the XTS is made, no response yet. Anyway,has anyone tried putting an Aimpoint or Eotech 3x magnifier behind the XTS? just curious.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 2:58:56 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm looking at a basic Aimpoint mount but it maybe a month or two before I can afford to get it.

www.cheaperthandirt.com/AIM11884-63578-1930.html
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Update:

Here's the e-mail response I got from Burris customer service:

Dear John;
The speed dot is manufactured in South Korea,
It has a one year warranty.
Thank you,
Burris Company

Link Posted: 2/21/2008 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Good info!  Thanks, ammotech and knightenforcer, for the updates.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm looking at a basic Aimpoint mount but it maybe a month or two before I can afford to get it.

www.cheaperthandirt.com/AIM11884-63578-1930.html

Look for one on the EE.  They are readily available.  Most people that have them don't use them b/c you're not cool if you don't have LaRue mounts.  I got the Gooseneck and the Mount for $50 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Update:

Here's the e-mail response I got from Burris customer service:

Dear John;
The speed dot is manufactured in South Korea,
It has a one year warranty.
Thank you,
Burris Company

The SPOT scope is also made in South Korea. I have heard that the Burris is a beefed up, duty use version of the SPOT. Maybe I heard correctly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Update:
Back from the range today, approx 400 rds, no problems, mixed ammo 55- 62 grains, no probs with recoil (not much recoil anyways with the .223 /5.56) red dot is zeroed in. The red dot did not flicker and stayed bright.  I'm surprised at how well it worked with the 3x magnifier, the dot did not look blurry (compared from when I had my eotech/ magnifier combo) Also it got banged/tossed around in theback seat of the car on the way to the range together with my other equipment.  It seem that it would handle well in a rugged environment. This is just an initial impression, it's still early if anything unusual comes up I'll update you guys. FWIW, I just want to say it's well worth the money.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#46]
As an update...I contacted Burris and I was told that they don't do military discounts.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#47]
I bought one from midway about 6 months ago and returned it.
I had two problems with it.  First, the dot appeared much larger than 3 MOA, probably closer to 6 MOA.
It was significantly larger than the 4 MOA dot produced by my aimpoints.  The second thing I didn't
like was that the dot was ridiculously bright - the lowest numbered settings were about equivalent
to the highest aimpoint setting.

Link Posted: 3/25/2008 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Does any one else have any report/reviews?
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#49]
bump
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#50]
height=8
Quoted:
I bought one from midway about 6 months ago and returned it.
I had two problems with it.  First, the dot appeared much larger than 3 MOA, probably closer to 6 MOA.
It was significantly larger than the 4 MOA dot produced by my aimpoints.  The second thing I didn't
like was that the dot was ridiculously bright - the lowest numbered settings were about equivalent
to the highest aimpoint setting.

Curious about this write up.  Can anyone else confirm this?  I've been looking into this scope since you can find it for $200.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top