Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 4:15:55 PM EDT

I know there should be a few of you who have had the GGG EOTech Accucam mount for while now and I was wondering how they were doing?

IIRC, I  read a post where someone mentioned that after a while the Accucam got loose.  I believe they tightened it up and all was well but I'd like to know if it ever got loose again.  

Basically I want to know if the Accucam has had any long range issues and if it has proven to be a good reliable mount.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe they aren't doing so well...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:48:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine is doing fine. Holds on tight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two, but they're basically new and I haven't had them at the range much yet. One (on a .308) is going strong after about 200 rounds. The EO/Accucam combo on the SEBR is brand new and hasn't been to the range yet.

I will assume that everybody properly installed their Accucam screws with loc-tite? And adjusted them so they don't come off easy (give 'em an extra turn so the cam bears down pretty hard?)?

I wonder if you could stake the screws without damaging anything...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Loctite will work.  It won't need staking.

What I would like to know is how they are returning to zero.  As GG&G is selling them for ACOG's I would assumed they worked well.

I just bought one.  I hope it works out- without returning to zero there is no point.  Doesn't the EO allready return within one MOA when re-moved and re-installed?  If it was worse than one MOA maybe you are better off using the screw?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know there should be a few of you who have had the GGG EOTech Accucam mount for while now and I was wondering how they were doing?

IIRC, I  read a post where someone mentioned that after a while the Accucam got loose.  I believe they tightened it up and all was well but I'd like to know if it ever got loose again.  

Basically I want to know if the Accucam has had any long range issues and if it has proven to be a good reliable mount.

NAG, was the one that stated that he had a guy in one of his classes that had some issues with his Accucam coming loose. I also believe, that they do not gurantee repeat zero and it also voids a portion of your EOTech warranty (according to EOTech).

Some members have also had issues with the Screws on the EOTech stripping out when they tried to remove them.

C4

From Eotech's site:

Will use of the GG&G Accucam void my warranty?
The use of the GG&G Accucam will void only a portion of our warranty as it relates to the parts of our sight that the Accucam interfaces with. For example, any problem with the hood screws, hood, base, locking bar, or any portion of the weapon that those parts of the sight interface with will not be covered. However, the electronic, optical, and mechanical function and portions of the sight will still be covered.

David

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#9]
C4iGrant,

Yes you did, but you gave no information along with it.

diveriter-  Good info, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Stick.

I just ordered one. Accucam that is. I figure it's worth the warranty issue.... I mean how much can really go wrong with metal non moving parts?? Nothing I would hope, maybe striped threads.

David

By the way, I ordered mine as well as a GG&G A2 BUIS, stock saddle, rubber butt plate. $190 delivered. The Accucam was $69 & the A2 was $95. Best pice I've seen. Not sure about the customer service, but it took FOREVER to get a rep on the phone to order it.

BOTACH TACTICAL

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:28:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks Stick.

I just ordered one. Accucam that is. I figure it's worth the warranty issue.... I mean how much can really go wrong with metal non moving parts?? Nothing I would hope, maybe striped threads.

David

By the way, I ordered mine as well as a GG&G A2 BUIS, stock saddle, rubber butt plate. $190 delivered. The Accucam was $69 & the A2 was $95. Best pice I've seen. Not sure about the customer service, but it took FOREVER to get a rep on the phone to order it.

BOTACH TACTICAL

Bocrap huh, now there is a good choice. hinking.gif

C4

I tried several dealers that support the site, but 1/2 didn't have what I needed & if they did, they were full retail. Would rather support "Supporters", but not @ full retail.

David
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Good will is free.  You seem to be in short supply though.  

Browbeating potential customers is not a way to expand your customer base.

Buck
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
[Knowledge isn't free. Try asking BOCRAP technical questions on the gear they sell.

C4

Botach doesn't actually sell things, they just mislead the public.  I fell for their scam a few years ago.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good will is free.  You seem to be in short supply though.  

Browbeating potential customers is not a way to expand your customer base.

Buck

Actually, I was helping him out (just doesn't know it). There are COUNTLESS threads talking about how people were screwed by BOCRAP (can send you links if you like). For the record, I do not sell the Accucam as I believe it has some issues. So no concern about losing a sale!

Nothing is more irritating to me, than to see folks get technical help on this board (usually from a dealer/IP) and then bargain shop for the lowest possible price they can.

Edited to add, that your "good will in short supply" comment kind of struck me as bizare. I probably dole out more FREE technical advise than ANY other dealer/IP on this board. So I would have to STRONGLY disagree with your statement as it is NOT factually accurate!

C4

+1 Grant.  I think I have sucked off more knowledge from you than I have purchased from you.  That is good will to me - I will remember your help when looking for products.

How many, in real life use when the SHTF (duty, SD, etc) have needed to quickly remove their Eotech?  Did you use the Accucam, YHM knurled nut, oem nut, LT, etc?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Right it should return to zero.  

Are you saying it doesn't?

Do you have one?

Botach is allright sometimes.  I hadd one order go over like a lightfighter.com order (5-6months.) another that shipped the same week.  

They do have some items in stock and I would reccomend making sure items are in stock but at least they have good prices and a decent military discount.    

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok... well first thing first... C4iGrant, I don't know you from Adam.

Second, I called GG&G & they reccomended BOTECH, but advised I make sure the items I wanted where in stock.

Third, I own my own computer/network sales and repairs. If someone comes to me asking questions on a product, I will tell them what I know. If they say well I can get it cheaper somewhere else & it's below my price, and I don't feel it's a reputable place, I will explain why I feel this way. Not just "That place sucks" or slander them with my bias "opinion" unless it was absolute. If they need onsite service, guess who they will call back if the place turns out to be what I advised them on...

I appreciate you 'wanting' to help, but all you gave me was conjecture.

David
If those who know share.... More can share to those who don't.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Now that's something I can work with.

When I called GG&G and asked them about the price from Botech & compared it to their's, I was told that they were a good company & that they (GGG) wouldn't undercut their distributers. He infact told me that even his brother buys from them... So I took him at his word. I'm not trying to be a dick, you just didn't expound on your statement.

Again, I tried to go through & order from a site supporter, but there where soooo many of them & the ones I looked at either didn't have everything I wanted or were very high.. just from what I saw on their sites.

Being new on this site & to ARs, I would rather support the site supporters. Maintaining sites like this is by NO means cheap.

Thanks for your advice,
David
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:17:51 AM EDT
[#25]
One thing I have made note of is that the gg&g accucam provides more tension which has appeared to cause an impression of the rail into the inside right of the eotech. This has caused mine to become canted. I have not had a problem with returning to zero, but then again most of my range time is spent under 50 yards.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:24:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
One thing I have made note of is that the gg&g accucam provides more tension which has appeared to cause an impression of the rail into the inside right of the eotech. This has caused mine to become canted. I have not had a problem with returning to zero, but then again most of my range time is spent under 50 yards.

Is that damage to the eothech housing itself? Is it the tension from the cam or from the connection of the accucam to the eotech housing?

David
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:26:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#28]
eotech pic

It’s actually on the left side when its right side up. It’s hard to see in this picture, but none the less there is an indention that the rail goes into too far causing the sight to be canted. Either the sight had this flaw already and I didn’t notice it until the accucam was installed, or it was because of the accucam that it was developed. My guess is that the accucam was tightened too much in order to secure it and bent the housing over.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Yojimbo

Don't you have a LaRue EoTech mount?

Is that not working out for you?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Eventually when mine gets here I'll try to get out and rig some kind of a test.  I would have taken GG&G's word for it, but I need to know how it performs now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

How many, in real life use when the SHTF (duty, SD, etc) have needed to quickly remove their Eotech?  Did you use the Accucam, YHM knurled nut, oem nut, LT, etc?

I've had an Eotech go down in real world use, and I switched to my BUIS just like I train.  Removing it quickly just isn't an option that I can see for most real world uses.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:30:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I've had an Eotech go down in real world use, and I switched to my BUIS just like I train.  Removing it quickly just isn't an option that I can see for most real world uses.

I agree with what Stick said.  The main purpose I would have wanted the Accucam for was to be able to remove and reinstall my EOTech and maintain zero.  

Judging by everything I've read about the Accucam in this thread and on older ones it seems like I can do about as well with the stock thumb screw.

TheSaint2004,

I'm not running a LaRue mount but I have no doubt it would maintain zero when removed and reinstalled.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:02:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if the prism cracks/shatters for some reason? It would obscure your BUIS. That's why I keep the GG&G on.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Mine returns to zero as long as I put in back in the same spot is was mounted to. I have had no issues with it being loose or anything like it. I think the accucam is a great part for my eotech. Since I have had it I have easily put 4k rounds down range.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top