BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2005 6:26:20 PM EDT
Title of post says it all.  Would like feed back if available.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
.....on overstock.com $142...know nothing about them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
just odered one off the net, should arrive on monday. i payed 135.00  sounded and looked like a good deal. ill try to answere better when its in my hands then mounted.  im looking for mounting options for this sight on a-1 set up with first samco handgaurd rails.                                                                                                 hopefully someone else has some input
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried one, and it broke, the reticle sucks and it's made of pot medal.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
You may also want to check these out:
Miniature Backup Red Dots

I have had my ATN for about a month, no problems or complaints so far.

I have not had the chance the to put it side by side with a Docter or J-Point, but from what I have picked up off of the forums I think it could be a good option for some people. I would probably have to put the Docter at the top of the list based on construction and size, but that all comes with a price tag ($300 plus) that is double the ATN price (I paid $140 for my ATN). If I was operational in the field facing 2 legged targets that shot back the price would not be an issue. Being that I am currently facing paper and 4 legged targets that don't shot back I am OK with the ATN for now. Using a "backup miniature red dot" is new for me, so I figured I would start with something more economical and see how it performed before I spent the big dollars.

Ridge,
Can you give us some more details on your experiences? Under what circumstances did your ATN stop working, just stopped, it got hit or dropped, got wet? And what exactly happened, the reticle stopped working, glass or frame broke, would no longer hold zero? Also what do you not like about the reticle?

Actually one of the reasons I picked the ATN is because is has 3 different reticle patterns that you can choose from, and you can adjust the brightness automatically or manually, and I actually like those features.

If anyone else has any ATN, Docter, or J-Point experiences please share them.

Thanks, Good Luck,
“Capt Richardson”
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You may also want to check these out:
Miniature Backup Red Dots

I have had my ATN for about a month, no problems or complaints so far.
i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/captrichardson/RifleFullFlat.jpg

I have not had the chance the to put it side by side with a Docter or J-Point, but from what I have picked up off of the forums I think it could be a good option for some people. I would probably have to put the Docter at the top of the list based on construction and size, but that all comes with a price tag ($300 plus) that is double the ATN price (I paid $140 for my ATN). If I was operational in the field facing 2 legged targets that shot back the price would not be an issue. Being that I am currently facing paper and 4 legged targets that don't shot back I am OK with the ATN for now. Using a "backup miniature red dot" is new for me, so I figured I would start with something more economical and see how it performed before I spent the big dollars.

Ridge,
Can you give us some more details on your experiences? Under what circumstances did your ATN stop working, just stopped, it got hit or dropped, got wet? And what exactly happened, the reticle stopped working, glass or frame broke, would no longer hold zero? Also what do you not like about the reticle?

Actually one of the reasons I picked the ATN is because is has 3 different reticle patterns that you can choose from, and you can adjust the brightness automatically or manually, and I actually like those features.

If anyone else has any ATN, Docter, or J-Point experiences please share them.

Thanks, Good Luck,
“Capt Richardson”

I did a full review a while back, it's probably in the archives now.

I sent the first one I got back because the reticles looked dirty, for some reason it looked like sand or dirt was distorting the retical image.  The replacement I got was a little better but not much.

How does yours look?

I never got mine sighted in. Everytime I made an adjustment and would lock it down with the locking screw, that would shift the adjustments.  Finally after repeating this process trying to get it sighted in, the back of the sight just broke.

Maybe the newer ones are better, I'll send mine in again and see if I have any better luck.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I tried one, and it broke, the reticle sucks and it's made of pot medal.

Good luck.

+1
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I just became a Bronze member, so I did not have the archive search option until recently, and when I just did an archive search on this topic I did get some interesting results.

In 2005 I found a total of 7 people who owned and reported on the ATN. Out of the 7 owners, 4 owners reported no problems and said it was working great, 3 owners said they had problems with the mounting, the zero adjustment, or the sight had physically broken. I would say this does not surprise me, it would have been great if all of the ATNs had performed flawlessly, but for an optic that sells for under $150, I would suspect that there will be some performance and quality issues. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think a $150 price should be justification for a poor product, but there is some truth to the saying that you get what you pay for. At least for the most part, it seems like the people who did have a problem got the problem fixed or received a new sight.

So far I have been happy, and maybe lucky, with mine.
My reticle has worked just fine, it is clear, sharp, and I am OK with the brightness.

(kind of hard to get a good picture, but hopefully you get the idea)

It mounted on my ARMS Tactical Ring Rail with no problem, and it has not moved.

It zeroed with no problems, and with 100 rounds of .223 underneath it, it has not moved.

This is the .223 setup, versus the .308 setup that was posted above

I am in the process of getting it operational on my .308, and then the real test will come with the .308 recoil. Hopefully my luck will continue. As soon as I get it put through the paces I will let everyone know how it performed.

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback, seem like the jury may still be out on this one.

Good Luck,
Capt Richardson
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top