Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2005 10:15:46 AM EDT
Last night, I had taken my 551 off of my BM 25th ann. and was going to mount it on my new M4gery build, which I will be using for work.

Like a dumbass, I over torqued the mounting post and broke it off in the sliding dovetail, which is mounted underneath the sight.

I called EOTech's customer service department first thing this morning, expecting to be told to box up the unit and send it back to them, postage pre paid, along with the original receipt (which has long since disappeared), which is stated in the manual for repairs.

I did'nt catch the gentleman's name, but he said "No problem, we'll get those parts out to you in today's mail." He also advised that he would be throwing in some new hood screws (since the hood will have to be removed to get at the sliding dovetail). I wasn't charged for the replacement parts, even after admitting that the problem was my fault.

EOTech's customer service was absolutely outstanding as far as I'm concerned. They are a BIG +1 in my book.

ETA: I received my parts today. Not only did EOTech send the two parts that I needed, I was supplied an entire small parts replacement kit and an EOTech T-shirt!

I plan on sending a strongly worded letter of praise to Dennis and his crew. In today's age of "all about the money", I feel that EOTech went much further than was necesarry for just "good" customer service. They have a customer for life!
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to hear.

Gives me a good feeling to know that they will go above and beyond if my 512 breaks.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Last night, I had taken my 551 off of my BM 25th ann. and was going to mount it on my new M4gery build, which I will be using for work.

Like a dumbass, I over torqued the mounting post and broke it off in the sliding dovetail, which is mounted underneath the sight.

I called EOTech's customer service department first thing this morning, expecting to be told to box up the unit and send it back to them, postage pre paid, along with the original receipt (which has long since disappeared), which is stated in the manual for repairs.

I did'nt catch the gentleman's name, but he said "No problem, we'll get those parts out to you in today's mail." He also advised that he would be throwing in some new hood screws (since the hood will have to be removed to get at the sliding dovetail). I wasn't charged for the replacement parts, even after admitting that the problem was my fault.

EOTech's customer service was absolutely outstanding as far as I'm concerned. They are a BIG +1 in my book.

dep4532, You made the perfect choice. I practiced and mastered shooting techniques with the EOtech, I love it..........

I just recieved my EOtech and mounted right away and I noticed that it was canted to the left so I call Dennis F. at EOTech  he asked a couple of questions about my mounting the unit.  I don't know if anybody has ever spoke to him but he helped me in a EOsecond. He sent out and I got the replacement within a week ( he even did not ask for a credit card, in case I did not return the damaged unit). To all you EOTech fans we picked a great product and most important great backup. So to all you aimpoint, trijicon fans, you should of went EOTech.
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Two good EOTECH customer service posts in the last few days.  This one and the guy with the cam lever that was fouled up.

Glad I have mine.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not surprised by this post at all. Eotech's CS is outstanding.

A buddy had a "E" version that puked at a class we took last year. He called Eotech and explained that he was a security contractor getting ready to deploy, and they not only replaced the optic, but upgraded it to the "F" version for free.

Link Posted: 6/30/2005 1:10:38 AM EDT
[#5]
call EOTECH and tell them they have outstanding CS. You might get more free stuff out of them
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 2:34:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I herd about the Rev F's about a week before I deployed.  I had a Rev something-other-then-F and called to see how much it would cost to upgrade to the Rev F.  I was told to send it in and they would see what they could do.  Three days later I recived a brand new Rev F  that was overnighted out to me with 4 differrent letters thanking me for the service and wishing me well and telling me they were refusing any money that I was offering to pay for the upgrade.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I herd about the Rev F's about a week before I deployed.  I had a Rev something-other-then-F and called to see how much it would cost to upgrade to the Rev F.  I was told to send it in and they would see what they could do.  Three days later I recived a brand new Rev F  that was overnighted out to me with 4 differrent letters thanking me for the service and wishing me well and telling me they were refusing any money that I was offering to pay for the upgrade.

Great story!  EOTech rocks!
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]
BTT, for update and shameless EOTech plug!
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Dang!!!

I think I might have to call and stroke their ego a little

That is one hell of a company. I was thinking about getting an Aimpoint ML3 later this year, but I might reconsider getting another EOTech after hearing one thing after another about their great CS.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice.  I love my EOTech.  Good CS will go a long way in keeping and gaining customers.
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dang!!!

I think I might have to call and stroke their ego a little

That is one hell of a company. I was thinking about getting an Aimpoint ML3 later this year, but I might reconsider getting another EOTech after hearing one thing after another about their great CS.

WIZZO

I was also thinking about one of the new Aimpoint's for my CAR-15, but after this, i think I'll go with another EOTech (a 552 this time).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top