Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 12:52:54 PM EDT
I am putting the finishing touches on my first AR and I am unable to mount both my scope and BUIS at the same time.  I have a standard A3 upper receiver with a Badger handguard and I am using ARMS 22 High rings, a Leupold MR/T, and a YHM rear flip up.  Any recommendations?  I have tried moving the scope as far forward as I can without exceeding the eye relief limitations and I still can't clear the sight.  I'd rather not have to buy a whole new set of mounts, but I am not sure that a spacer (i.e. ARMS 36) is the best solution, either.  In reality, I will never need the BUIS to save my life and I could keep it off the rifle until I want to use it.  I am just lazy and would prefer to not have to continually remove and replace the rear sight every time I switch back to shooting irons.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The cheapest solution would be to get a riser of some sort. Personally, I like the YHM 5-inch rail extension.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:30:42 PM EDT
[#2]

I'd rather not have to buy a whole new set of mounts, but I am not sure that a spacer (i.e. ARMS 36) is the best solution, either. In reality, I will never need the BUIS to save my life and I could keep it off the rifle until I want to use it.

You answered your own question.
Or get a GG&G scout rail
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Get one of the ARMS #38 sleeves, they are the originals and have the rear sight built into the rail. Then you only need to use med. ht. rings from then on.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:36:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's  a Yankee Hill handguard, LaRue tactical scope mount, Yankee Hill low profile BUIS.  IOR M2 scope

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top