Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 6:54:42 AM EDT
I'm looking for a Mid-Long range scope. I was thinking IOR, maybe IOR Valdada 1.1 x 4. Is their a Leupold that has the same advantages, as in illuminated reticle and varible magnification?

What do you M1A shooters use?

Opinions appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Hep
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I am looking at mounting options right now to put a Leupold 1.5 - 5 iluminated circle dot on an AR-15 car. This scope may suit you'r application. Eye relief is quoted at 4.5/3.5, probably better suited to you'r app. than mine. This also has a power ring with a lug to aid that function as well as finger friendly clicks. 5-600 but VX-III and good guarantee.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:52:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am looking at mounting options right now to put a Leupold 1.5 - 5 iluminated circle dot on an AR-15 car. This scope may suit you'r application. Eye relief is quoted at 4.5/3.5, probably better suited to you'r app. than mine. This also has a power ring with a lug to aid that function as well as finger friendly clicks. 5-600 but VX-III and good guarantee.

Aside from my CQ/T, I'm new to the Leupolds. Does the highlighted above mean its magnification is variable, ranging from 1.5-5? Are there any other Leupolds with variable magnification?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#3]
VX-III series 1.5 - 5 with illuminated circle dot reticle. Same reticle used in 1-3 cqt. This is the deal, other leupolds are offered illuminated, these two the only ones with this [desireable] reticle. Works on or off.  I have a 2 - 7 rimfire with a fine duplex whick, I wish, could be had  with the VXIII features - power ring nub, ill. reticle, parallax set for centerfire. I would sure have at least two of those, but we get what they make and in this case not a bad choice. The nightforce looks nice but pricy for me. They offer awsome features.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top