Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 10:36:25 PM EDT
I finally got my Tripower, and so far i like it....I have not yet shot with it....only just zero'd it with my lazer boresighter.

I really dig the chevron reticle, and inside (dimly lit) the tritium shows up pretty well. The fiber optic light gatherer works well also.

It also has a slot to insert a small cyalume stick....so im not sure why they dont call it the Quad power.

1. tritium
2. fiber light gatherer
3. battery
4. back up cyalume

The drawbacks i see so far are these:

1. A lot of plastic. from the 30mm tube back, ALL plastic.
2. no flip caps...and will be almost impossible to fit aftermarket caps, due to the battery and cyalume compartment that extend all the way to the back (there is only about 1mm of round body in which to work with on the back)
3. Muzzle side signature (may be reduced with a kill flash) which brings me to the last one:
4. No Killflash available. (Aimpoint KF does not fit, i tried)

I really DO like the chevron, and i think i may prefer it to the Aimpoint style 4moa dot. I HAVE an Aimpoint M2 in the mail to me now...SO it will end up being a shoot out as to which optic wins the right to reside on my rifle.

Picture thread
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
looks slick. any easy way to mount one on an A2 upper?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I suppose that any A2 mount that would work for an Aimpoint will also work with this one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Just an update...i also recieved my AImpoint today.

I think it wins.

we'll see this weekend....Im thinking of taking both to the range.  I dont think i will shoot with the tripower, but rather just take it out there to check the washout in daylight.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have just mounted up my new Tripower up today and will post pics tomorrow. I really like the chevron. I have it mounted in the ARMS Tripower mount with the cantilever spacer.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top