Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 5:06:58 PM EDT
This is the PK-01V, a red-dot sight from Belarus.  I bought it primarily for use on my AK, but I wanted to see whether or not I could use it on my AR.  Turns out it works just fine.  At $160, it is a competitively priced alternative to the Aimpoint.  I can post more info or pics if people are interested.  

Comp M included for comparison.  Here I removed the PK-01V from the AK siderail mount with which it was included, and placed it in an Aimpoint mount with no problems.

The PK-01V is slightly longer, but like the Aimpoint has an aluminum housing.  The difference in weight is not significant.  The battery compartment (did I mention it uses AAA batteries?) does make it look bulkier.

Both optics on their brightest settings: PK-01V on left, Comp M on right.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
How's the battery life?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I've only had it for a week, so I couldn't say.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Where did you buy it?
I have the earlier version PK-01V and was thinking about upgrading it to the newer one.
Does it have parallax issues like all my Russian optics do?

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I got it direct from the POSP store in Belarus.  I'm not sure what issues you had in mind, but it does appear to be free of parallax past 50 yards.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top