BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint.....(Hawkeye and Lumpy are infalliable).....

-sc
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Aimpoint  for combat use, Eotech is  for safe queens.

TG

Oh YEA!  Well, my daddy could kick your daddy's ass.  So there!

Seriously guys, this whole thing has been beat to death.  Even Lumpy agrees that the EoTech is a great optic and that he just prefers the TryToAimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Read Pat Rogers (Retired NYPD ESU Sgt. / Gunsite Carbine Instructor / Civilian contractor for Force Recon / Pick up the next issue of SWAT magazine if you don't know who he is) and Frogman (US Navy SEAL) responses:

EO Tech?  I think not

Other opinons

EO Tech

More
EO Tech Electrical Problems?

Hmmmmm
Say it ain't ture

I guess I'm not the only SWAT cop who has seen more than one EO Tech failure
Must be an anti-EO Tech conspiracy

It was either Pat Roger's or a SWAT cop from Ontario, CA who said "The EO Tech is a decent sight, but it is the Aimpiont's weaker sister".......Couldn't have summed it up better myself from my personal experiences.

Semper Fi
Jeff

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Read Pat Rogers (Retired NYPD ESU Sgt. / Gunsite Carbine Instructor / Civilian contractor for Force Recon / Pick up the next issue of SWAT magazine if you don't know who he is) and Frogman (US Navy SEAL) responses:

EO Tech?  I think not

Other opinons

EO Tech

More
EO Tech Electrical Problems?

Hmmmmm
Say it ain't ture

I guess I'm not the only SWAT cop who has seen more than one EO Tech failure
Must be an anti-EO Tech conspiracy

It was either Pat Roger's or a SWAT cop from Ontario, CA who said "The EO Tech is a decent sight, but it is the Aimpiont's weaker sister".......Couldn't have summed it up better myself from my personal experiences.

Semper Fi
Jeff

And I'm sure if I had the time and desire I could find just as many quotes from "industry experts" that say the same thing about the Aimpoint.   Give it a rest.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Ken Good, Pat Roger and Jeff Gonzales think the Aimpoint is tougher, whereas John Holschen of Insights training centre, currently in Iraq, is one of the real pros who is in favour of the Eotech.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got both and it depends on the gun I'm using. For daytime use on an M4 I like the Aimpoint. Through NV, nothing comes close to Eotech. Using a PVS14, looking through an M2 is like looking through a tunnel. With the Eotech, you don't see anything but green background with a reticle floating out in space, very cool. Some guns can co-witness with one and not the other. So, I have a few of each. Sorry, didn't mean to sound like Kerry. I just like both optics.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hmm...  Maybe we should to a poll.

No poll needed.....You can tell the difference between an EO Tech guy and a Aimpoint guy just by looking at them

Aimpoint guy:

EO Tech guy:

**Disclaimer:  The above photos were for educational and visual instruction purposes only**

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#9]
The guy on the right with the Glock looks like he's about to splatter what little brains he has on the rest of the geek squad.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
And I'm sure if I had the time and desire I could find just as many quotes from "industry experts" that say the same thing about the Aimpoint.   Give it a rest.

Feel free to try.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmm...  Maybe we should to a poll.

No poll needed.....You can tell the difference between an EO Tech guy and a Aimpoint guy just by looking at them

Aimpoint guy:

www.pearl-jam.com/misc/bhstand.jpg

EO Tech guy:

www.totalforceairsoft.com/PDR_0059.jpg

www.teaminfinity.nu/albums/album25/biggame.jpg

ragnarok.airsoft.ac/Kidde1.jpg

eswat.free.fr/team/gallerie/01.jpg

eswat.free.fr/team/gallerie/02.jpg

eswat.free.fr/team/gallerie/03.jpg

eswat.free.fr/team/gallerie/04.jpg

**Disclaimer:  The above photos were for educational and visual instruction purposes only**

Semper Fi
Jeff

Oh man, that is the funniest shit I have seen in quite some time.

I still can't stop laughing...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#14]

+1 for iron sights.

They work in the rain  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have spend the past three years talking about EOTech.  I think I might have been the first guy on this board to push EOTech in a big way.  I have gone from no one would even take my side of the debat to half and half on Aimpimpand EOThing.  I think we all have come a long way.

Hey, if you can convince a bunch of guys to walk off the side of a tall cliff with you, that still doesn't mean it's a good idea.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have spend the past three years talking about EOTech.  I think I might have been the first guy on this board to push EOTech in a big way.  I have gone from no one would even take my side of the debat to half and half on Aimpimpand EOThing.  I think we all have come a long way.

Hey, if you can convince a bunch of guys to walk off the side of a tall cliff with you, that still doesn't mean it's a good idea.  

Word!  +1

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry for the interuption, now back to our regularly scheduled program....

I shall no more......Sorry

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#19]
We (CF) are using the EOTECH's (552's) on our Carbines in Afghanistan - some of these have gone 18 months continuous duty (we don't have enough and they get passed along).

My buddy is running my Aimpoint M2 while I have a 552 - neither of us feel under equipped.
  *for what I am doing now the EOTECH is better than my TA31 ACOG.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Jeff,

i am not trying to convince anyone to jumpo off a clif, I just want to pass along the information I gathered.  You should have your free mind and choice to pick what will work for you.

and you still have the best looking guns on the web.

It's all about passing along info and having a little fun while I'm at it ......

Thanks for the complements, but my blasters and pics are no match for what you, military moron, duffy, bsbg, Zak_Smith, kisara, Lumpy, JC, Kevin_B and many others have show cased here ....I'm just trying to keep up with the "Lee's"

Take care and stay safe,
Jeff
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Jeff,

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Aimpoint and OKO user here..

BTW thos pics are GREAT!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#24]
aimpoint, aimpoint ,aimpoint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:54:15 AM EDT
[#26]

My ribs friggin hurt!!

I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat an otter pop again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:23:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Jeff,

Funny stuff.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Eotech at work, but Aimpoint at home.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll take my ACOG any day over either EoTech or Aimpoint....  sorry JMHO
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I traded four Eothings that I bought on the EE ($1100 total; at one time they were cheap) for a new 1000 gallon tank full of propane.  My wife was so happy with that deal that she let me buy Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:56:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Yet another reason to say away from EO Tech (and get an Aimpoint instead)

EO Tech makes Cav Arms lower break into pieces

Jeff
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top