BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/8/2009 4:49:48 AM EDT
I know they are no PMAGS but I couldn't pass on the deal a buddy of mine at worlk offered me.  6 HK mags for $60 . I've never tried them before but for the price they'll be good enough and I have a load of PMAGS already. Just touting my deal online. They are not clones.
That is all, as you were.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 7:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Brand new, or used?

If used, he might soon stop being your buddy.

Link Posted: 12/8/2009 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was in Afghanistan a year ago the SF guys raved about H&K mags.  They obviously don't frequent this site as if they did they would not be so thrilled but the way I see it if they are good enough for real commandos they should be at least acceptable for internet commandos.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When I was in Afghanistan a year ago the SF guys raved about H&K mags.  They obviously don't frequent this site as if they did they would not be so thrilled but the way I see it if they are good enough for real commandos they should be at least acceptable for internet commandos.

I take it you consider Pat Rogers an "Internet Commando"?

PursuitSS

Link Posted: 12/8/2009 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I raved about all 13 of mine, too. Until they all started crapping out on me.

Link Posted: 12/9/2009 6:02:31 AM EDT
[#5]
They appear to be "gently" used but hell,it's only six mags so if they poop it's no biggie.

87GN, what problems did you encounter?
Link Posted: 12/9/2009 6:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Double feeds and failures to feed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2009 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Double feeds and failures to feed.

Same as Pat Rogers reported

Double feeds due to feed lips spreading

Failures to feed due to weak magazine springs
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]
USGI Mag  $14
HK Mag     $42
3X's the $$$

Mercedes Benz C300            $40,000
Mercedes Benz S63 AMG     $120,000
3X's the $$$

If EITHER Benz breaks down, you will repair it...(even if it's the CHEAP Benz)

If you invest 4X's the $$$ in a mag, and the fix, the solution, the cure, the remedy costs only a couple of dollars...why not fix it???
VERY FEW of us are shooting on the level or consistency as Larry Vickers. MOST of us can't afford to feed our precious black babies as it is now. So, if you're dismayed by the findings of an EXPERT, send them to me...I'll buy them all from you. I'll break them down, prep them and spray them with some HK Black duracoat and I'll invest $1.56 each for a new spring and she will ride those rounds as smooth as she did when she was new.
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

PursuitSS

I don't know.  Where is he deployed?
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

USGI Mag  $14

HK Mag     $42

3X's the $$$

3X's the $$$

If you invest 4X's the $$$ in a mag, and the fix, the solution, the cure, the remedy costs only a couple of dollars...why not fix it???

VERY FEW of us are shooting on the level or consistency as Larry Vickers. MOST of us can't afford to feed our precious black babies as it is now. So, if you're dismayed by the findings of an EXPERT, send them to me...I'll buy them all from you. I'll break them down, prep them and spray them with some HK Black duracoat and I'll invest $1.56 each for a new spring and she will ride those rounds as smooth as she did when she was new.

You cannot change the composition of the steel in the mag. One drop and they are often toast.

Link Posted: 12/10/2009 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
USGI Mag  $14
HK Mag     $42
3X's the $$$

3X's the $$$

You cannot change the composition of the steel in the mag. One drop and they are often toast.

Yup,
The Gen 1 Mags rust, the 2nd gen mags also double feed and malfunction alot. I had some I traded a guy for some M14 mags, they all don't work for shit. PMAGs have yet to fail me. Go with what works, I don't see what the point is in a magazine that weighs more, is longer, and doesn't work reliably yet costs 3 times as much.
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one HK mag, I got it just to see what the big deal was. I did the same thing with Lancers and about a dozen Pmags. They all have their ups and downs. I like Pmags the best out of those, but wonder how they will hold up another 20 or so years from now.
I guess for me I will stick with GI mags with magpul followers because I know they work and they are cheap.
OP if you like the HK mags, great! If not take them to a gun show and trade them off. You got them for a really good price!
Have fun shooting!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PursuitSS

I HAVE to assume this is sarcasm!

EAG Tactical

E.A.G. is a Veteran owned, small business, incorporated in 1992 by Pat Rogers, a retired Chief Warrant Officer Of Marines and retired NYPD Sergeant with a wide and varied background in the CT Community.

We are a Department of Defense Trading Partner, and are assigned Cage Code 1JBD5.

We provide training to the Military, other USG agencies, as well as state and municipal organizations. We do a limited number of open enrollment courses per year to qualified civilians. E.A.G. requires that civilians attending these courses have a certificate of no criminal conduct from their local police agency. We make no apologies for this – we do not wish to be associated with those who would cause harm to our country and its people.

E.A.G. personnel carry liability insurance. Certificates of insurance are available for inspection.

E.A.G. can travel to your location to provide training. Contact us for our requirements and pricing.

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
USGI Mag  $14
HK Mag     $42
3X's the $$$

3X's the $$$

Quoting Pat Rogers:

"Don't fall in love with your magazines!"

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 6:15:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I've dropped mine a few times...on gravel, in the grass, on the hard wood floor... still no failures. Hmm...
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 6:18:20 AM EDT
[#16]
No rust, no double feeds, no failures. and they drop free. I have Pmags as well, they work fine too, but they don't drop free. So, until I'm proven wrong, with MY gear, I'll continue to use my heavy, silky smooth, gorgeous HK mags. Again, if you don't want them, I'll buy them from you.
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#17]
A quote from me: "Don't fall in love with men either."

A quote from God: "DON'T put your trust in man."  Psalms 146:3
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#18]
"Remember that the uber mag was not designed for the M4 but for the Brit SA80.
Dropping a loaded hk mag will almost always result in damage. They remark about this in their 13 page magazine manual.

It isn't a bad magazine, but neither is it perfect.

While we have a bunch of magazines in the inventory, i use only Bravo Company or PMAG.
There are others that we have as T&E- Lancers, Fusil and some others, but right now, i use only those two brands."

Pat Rogers from this 45 page thread (see page 29)

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I've dropped mine a few times...on gravel, in the grass, on the hard wood floor... still no failures. Hmm...

Good for you. Now drop them loaded on a hard surface, which you're more likely to do with an HK mag than any other because they're so damn slick. Bottoms up.

Link Posted: 12/11/2009 6:39:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I HAVE to assume this is sarcasm!

You don't get it...Unless you are actively sliding your Ka-Bar in between the ribs of a terrorist while simultaneously posting about gear online, your opinion is worthless to KurtVF.

Link Posted: 12/11/2009 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I train like how I'm most likely will fight. I don't PLAN on dropping them in the middle of the street, or on the sidewalk. HOWEVER, I have dropped them on driveway marl, and my kitchen floor (which is a concrete slab covered by vinyl) Again, no failures. But IF I do start having issues with the springs, I'll be dammed if I toss them, when i can make a repair that takes 45 seconds and costs under $2.
You have a 1987 Buick Regal Grand National, right? If your Garrett turbo fails, do you ditch your car and go buy a Yugo??? Of course not. GN's have notoriously shitty paint...Do you ditch your GN because the paint is failing? Of course not, you PAINT it and keep right on driving it and have people like me stopping to admire one of the world's quickest production cars that seats 5 and has a 15 cubic foot trunk!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good for you. Now drop them loaded on a hard surface, which you're more likely to do with an HK mag than any other because they're so damn slick. Bottoms up.

Link Posted: 12/11/2009 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#22]
If you don't want them, I'll buy them from you.

Quoted:
I know they are no PMAGS but I couldn't pass on the deal a buddy of mine at worlk offered me.  6 HK mags for $60 . I've never tried them before but for the price they'll be good enough and I have a load of PMAGS already. Just touting my deal online. They are not clones.
That is all, as you were.

Link Posted: 12/11/2009 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I train like how I'm most likely will fight. I don't PLAN on dropping them in the middle of the street, or on the sidewalk. HOWEVER, I have dropped them on driveway marl, and my kitchen floor (which is a concrete slab covered by vinyl) Again, no failures. But IF I do start having issues with the springs, I'll be dammed if I toss them, when i can make a repair that takes 45 seconds and costs under $2.

What are you going to do about the improper heat treating of the feed lips? Squeeze the feed lips back together in a vise?

I trust the opinion of people like Pat Rogers who sees 700,000 rounds a year in training classes and keeps log books and photos of failures, or 87GN who does destructive testing of equipment and reports with an unbiased report of his findings.

If the GREAT ALL MIGHTY HK magazines are so OUTSTANDING, why has the U.S. Military DROPPED procurement of them?

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#24]
How many rounds do YOU put downrange a year? Have YOU ever made ONE fail? Have you EVER made a Pmag fail? What about a USGI mag? Remember, it boils down to PERSONAL preference and personal experiences. I NEVER put my GEAR above my brain. GEAR will fail. With THAT being said ONLY YOU have proclaimed that people think the HK mags are GREAT ALL MIGHTY. I, ME, Moi PERSONALLY like them for MY applications. I haven't had any failures with MY HK's. I haven't had any double feeds with MY HK's. I haven't this, I haven't that with MY HK's. Instead of you pissing with me over MY preferences, over MY gear selection because of your undying love for some Man, you should just make YOUR own preferences known through YOUR PERSONAL experiences, and let the man who owns this discussion thread make his OWN decisions. Amen

Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you going to do about the improper heat treating of the feed lips? Squeeze the feed lips back together in a vise?

I trust the opinion of people like Pat Rogers who sees 700,000 rounds a year in training classes and keeps log books and photos of failures, or 87GN who does destructive testing of equipment and reports with an unbiased report of his findings.

If the GREAT ALL MIGHTY HK magazines are so OUTSTANDING, why has the U.S. Military DROPPED procurement of them?

PursuitSS

Link Posted: 12/11/2009 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

You have a 1987 Buick Regal Grand National, right? If your Garrett turbo fails, do you ditch your car and go buy a Yugo??? Of course not. GN's have notoriously shitty paint...Do you ditch your GN because the paint is failing? Of course not, you PAINT it and keep right on driving it and have people like me stopping to admire one of the world's quickest production cars that seats 5 and has a 15 cubic foot trunk!

Mine had new (black) paint and an aftermarket turbo before I bought it, so I can't help you there.

The simple fact is, I've used HK mags on deployment, and they worked GREAT, but then they stopped working. And the problems were NOT just spring related. The bodies of the magazines had deformed and the mags were no longer reliable. If the frame of my GN was cracked in half, I would not just repaint it.

Link Posted: 12/11/2009 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine had new (black) paint and an aftermarket turbo before I bought it, so I can't help you there.

The simple fact is, I've used HK mags on deployment, and they worked GREAT, but then they stopped working. And the problems were NOT just spring related. The bodies of the magazines had deformed and the mags were no longer reliable. If the frame of my GN was cracked in half, I would not just repaint it.

You still have your pic of the failed HK mag?

Link Posted: 12/11/2009 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+2   I would like to see a few of these sorry examples of magazines too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You missed my point. I'll try again. let's say you have a GNX, let's say the #2 car... and if the frame was cracked. Would you fix it or dump it?
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I can get why you'd service your mags, but why do you prefer them knowing they require more care and maintenance?

And a frame change out on a G-body is NOT a simple task. For a $100,000 GNX I'd do it and it'd be worth it, but the necessary steps to ensure a proper functioning AR magazine are not worth it when you can buy a superior product that's good to go right off the bat.

Oh, and even Larry Vickers says the 416 mags are junk. Not just a little "yeah, I don't like this about them", but an out right "don't use them". If you question his credentials on the subject, I won;t know what to think of you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I can get why you'd service your mags, but why do you prefer them knowing they require more care and maintenance?

And a frame change out on a G-body is NOT a simple task. For a $100,000 GNX I'd do it and it'd be worth it, but the necessary steps to ensure a proper functioning AR magazine are not worth it when you can buy a superior product that's good to go right off the bat.

Oh, and even Larry Vickers says the 416 mags are junk. Not just a little "yeah, I don't like this about them", but an out right "don't use them". If you question his credentials on the subject, I won;t know what to think of you.

Millions of "us" service our mags. Why shouldn't we??? They're mechanical devices. Some people upgrade their mags with new springs and anti- tilt followers, as opposed to tossing them out. I don't treat my HK mags any different than my USGI or my Magpuls. HOWEVER, I DO treat my Magpuls differently than my other mags (i.e.-the snap on covers.) My HK's aren't queens, on the contrary,they are shot more than twice as much as any of my inventory of mags.

And YES, I DO service my mags. After EVERY trip to the range, they are disassembled completely and thoroughly cleaned, each and every one of them that are used...USGI, Magpul and HK's. I meticulously clean everything so I can reduce the risk of the gun going CLICK instead of BANG when I pic it up and pull the trigger, so ALL of my magazines are a part of my cleaning process.
Even a $100,000 GNX needs service... a tire pressure check...a new battery... an oil change...new tires...a wash and wax. But the maintenance is done. Why??? So she will START and GO forward while giving you whiplash!!!! That's why.
I'll again ask the same question... Have YOU ever made a HK mag fail? Have YOU ever even tried? Do YOU shoot the 3/4 of a million rounds of year like larry vickers?

I don't want to hi jack this young man's thread... so, I'll bow out. BUT I will say this, everything can AND will fail. The ones I have haven't failed.
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I have used them, and I have had them fail.  

When they're new, they're great magazines.  When they're busted in a way that they can't be repaired, they're trash.  The issue with repairs and servicing HK mags being:

Fucked up feed-lips = fucked up mag.  Pretty simple.  
bad spring = replace the spring, except unless things changed recently, which they very well could have, there are no available springs on the market that will fit and operate properly in the HK mag body, you can't simply put a USGI spring in there.  Furthermore, HK refused to sell anyone replacement springs, or, as someone more clever than I pointed out - of course they'll sell you replacement springs, they come in a $50 steel box.  

I've met "no shit" war-fighters that swear by them, and I've met some that won't touch them with a ten foot pole.  What might be informative to note, however, is that for the guys who swear by them that know enough for me to trust, their replacement cost for dud mags is $0.  

When new and undamaged, they feed like silk, they are works of art, and many well known folks used to endorse them.  Most of those "in the know" types have since rescinded their endorsements.  I too used to be a big fan, however, when, during the course of my day to day LSHD job, they stopped being reliable, it was time to let them go.  

OP - for $10 a mag?  I'd have bought them, in a heartbeat, as an expendable item, why the hell not?  Like I said, they work great when they're new.  Anything above $20 a mag, though, and IMHO, it doesn't add up.  Remember, too, when they first came out, there was no such thing as a PMag or an L5 mag or an ARC mag, there was USGI, Thermold, and Orlite, and a couple other aftermarket jobs not even really worth mentioning, so back in the day, when we first realized "hey, this aint NTC anymore..." it was a no-brainer.  Now we have a lot more options, and a lot more salty fuckers walking around who've honestly "BTDT" and they all have opinions.  Every engagement is different, so everyone's experience of it is too, to expect them all to draw the same conclusions as each other is foolish.  

BTW- Good score!  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey AUGEE, you know that PITA(pain in the azz) PETA is going to have your ass for endangering that innocent kittten with that Beretta. LOL
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#33]
And I always thought of mags as expendable parts. They wear out and you replace them with new ones. Shows how little I know.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And I always thought of mags as expendable parts. They wear out and you replace them with new ones. Shows how little I know.

In my opinion, they are. They are the easiest part of the rifle system to relace, and one of the most important. Part of my argument was that we don'y just toss everything out just because it needs repair...That's why I kept mentioning automobiles. I have mags from when I fought i the Gulf War in the 90's. But I put new springs and anti tilt followers in them... was that stupid and unreasonable? The parts were about $2.00 per mag. And I didn't refinish them, so they are still beat up looking. Hence my analogy, if my car needs new tires, I will puut new tires on it INSTEAD of going to buy something else, just because the  stupid ass tires wore out.

Link Posted: 12/16/2009 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Hk high reliability?

The issues aren't with the steel, I wish that could be better made clear,

1)  They butt weld the front of the mag which makes it weaker than a doubled over resistance welded surface
2)  They open the rear of the feed lips because of forming issues and this doesn't adequately hold the feed lips, hence bending during drop tests, look at Cammenga and they left a lot more steel in this area.  Imagine an aluminum mag that was open in the rear, when they went to aluminum mags this area was formed closed for rigidity.
3)  They left the mag button closed which is great for debris but in stamping in the pocket it is really hard to get a sharp shoulder for the mag catch and it ends up rolling an edge with wear which causes the mags to sometimes drop out.  

*The forward cartridge guides seem to be a better stamping near the top of the mag but that is hardly an issue.
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#36]
can you store them loaded?
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I'v personally had the base plates simply fall off and dump a loaded mag during the winter months in A-stan. I won't ever use them again.

Link Posted: 12/30/2009 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'v personally had the base plates simply fall off and dump a loaded mag during the winter months in A-stan. I won't ever use them again.

Really??? I have several of them. I shoot them as often as I can. I clean disassemble them and thoroughly clean them after every range trip, just like my guns. After I'm done cleaning them, They are again all loaded to capacity and stored, all of them...the Hk's, the Pmags and the USGI's...never had that happen to me. Hopefully it never will.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah, cause we all know that the only real feedback comes from deployments, ignore all others.  

You never quit Bro.  Love your consistency.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
                                                                     -Emerson
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, cause we all know that the only real feedback comes from deployments, ignore all others.  

-Emerson

WTF does Emerson have to do with HK mags?

If you have any actual data to prove that HK mags are tougher and/or more reliable than other magazines on the market, and that every Magpul magazine related product is garbage (which seems to be the opinion you have in every thread about the company in which you post), please bring it forth...

Until then, cute little sayings meant to show vast intelligence will tend to fall flat in the face of overwhelming information from just about everyone who shoots a lot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emerson

If you have any actual data to prove that HK mags are tougher and/or more reliable than other magazines on the market, and that every Magpul magazine related product is garbage (which seems to be the opinion you have in every thread about the company in which you post), please bring it forth...

Until then, cute little sayings meant to show vast intelligence will tend to fall flat in the face of overwhelming information from just about everyone who shoots a lot.

+1
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#43]
WOW....I'm actually dumber after having read this thread.....WHO THE FUCK CARES?!?!  The OP posted that he got some mags for a good price, why and how did this turn into a bitch fest!?

I just love how so many people have to FORCE their's and other's opinions onto everyone else.....Get over it guys, obviously the guys raving about their HK mags arent going to suddenly stop because you told them some tactical god said otherwise.....and the same goes for the guys pushing their love of the HK mag, who cares if everyone else thinks they are junk, if they work for you, then AWESOME....let people continue to talk shit and maybe the price will come down and you can buy more.
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emerson

Whoa Sparkey, back down....  Obviously you missed the point of my post.   I was making fun of my closed mindedness, nothing else.  The joke was on me only. I thought it was obvious.  Jeez this place is so damn uptight....develop a sense of humor, you will live longer.  Sorry you missed the point of my post.
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
WOW....I'm actually dumber after having read this thread.....WHO THE FUCK CARES?!?!  The OP posted that he got some mags for a good price, why and how did this turn into a bitch fest!?

I just love how so many people have to FORCE their's and other's opinions onto everyone else.....Get over it guys, obviously the guys raving about their HK mags arent going to suddenly stop because you told them some tactical god said otherwise.....and the same goes for the guys pushing their love of the HK mag, who cares if everyone else thinks they are junk, if they work for you, then AWESOME....let people continue to talk shit and maybe the price will come down and you can buy more.

+1 that's what I've been trying to say... maybe they will listen to you.

Link Posted: 1/5/2010 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Being made aware of widespread issues and abandonment by the military is not forcing an opinion on someone.

If all we hear is sunshine and roses about every product, we'll have Soldiers and police officers and homeowners buying subpar gear - "But I got it at a great price" - and betting their life on stuff that WILL fail sooner than it should.

If you have a sensible reason as to why technical information about the failures of HK magazines should not be shared with potential users, I'm all ears.
Similarly, those who like the magazines should be allowed to give their opinion and experience.

If your argument is simply "WTF STFU OMG", then head back to GD and leave the technical discussions to those who care and have the technical knowledge and experience to do so.
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being made aware of widespread issues and abandonment by the military is not forcing an opinion on someone.

If all we hear is sunshine and roses about every product, we'll have Soldiers and police officers and homeowners buying subpar gear - "But I got it at a great price" - and betting their life on stuff that WILL fail sooner than it should.

If you have a sensible reason as to why technical information about the failures of HK magazines should not be shared with potential users, I'm all ears.
Similarly, those who like the magazines should be allowed to give their opinion and experience.

If your argument is simply "WTF STFU OMG", then head back to GD and leave the technical discussions to those who care and have the technical knowledge and experience to do so.

No, but my point is I'd bet a giant wad of cash that less than 5% of the guys posting on here will ever have to "Bet their life" on anything magazine or gun related.  Most of the people on here are weekend shooters, who go to the range and have fun.....Now if the mags were so fataly flawed that it was a guarantee they would immediately fail, you'd have a good point, people should know....but thats not even close to the case....any magazine can and will fail, that is why you should carry more than one....this applies to ANY magazine fed weapons system.  It is also why magazines are considered an expendable item.  The funny thing is I'm not defending or advocating the HK mags (I dont even own one, nor will I probably ever).  My point is, you have already stated yer opinion, why drag it any further? Really?
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 6:20:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, but my point is I'd bet a giant wad of cash that less than 5% of the guys posting on here will ever have to "Bet their life" on anything magazine or gun related.  Most of the people on here are weekend shooters, who go to the range and have fun.....Now if the mags were so fataly flawed that it was a guarantee they would immediately fail, you'd have a good point, people should know....but thats not even close to the case....any magazine can and will fail, that is why you should carry more than one....this applies to ANY magazine fed weapons system.  It is also why magazines are considered an expendable item.  The funny thing is I'm not defending or advocating the HK mags (I dont even own one, nor will I probably ever).  My point is, you have already stated yer opinion, why drag it any further? Really?

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Even the USMC Grunts in my family were smart enough to figger out that the HK mags were junk.

If a Marine can tell me this.....  

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My posts and opinions are directed towards the people who need to "bet their life" on something.

I don't discriminate against those who want to "bet their life" on something. I don't see why I should.

And frankly, those weekend shooters deserve to know that they won't be getting their money's worth out of HK mags compared to a variety of others on the market available for a fraction of the price (new) or comparably priced (used). Used HK mags may have 1000 rounds left in them or they may choke on the very next round.

I will continue to make my point as I see fit.

Again, if you have technical info, please share it; otherwise you're wasting my time and your time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top