Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2008 7:59:20 AM EDT
Yeah, it's 5.45...My HK mags had worked fine with 5.45 loaded to 25 rounds 2 weeks before...but I left this one loaded for 2 weeks...

Link Posted: 10/27/2008 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Wolf killed it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2008 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Bulgarian surplus actually...
Link Posted: 10/27/2008 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#3]
So your 5.56 HK mags got messed up because you leaded them with 5.45?  Yeah fuck HK!  Fuck Chevy as well.  I know my Tahoe says unleaded gasoline only but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to run diesel through it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2008 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So your 5.56 HK mags got messed up because you leaded them with 5.45?  Yeah fuck HK!  Fuck Chevy as well.  I know my Tahoe says unleaded gasoline only but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to run diesel through it.

They do the same thing with 5.56, don't worry. This was just the best pic because 8 rounds are visible. And like I said, they worked fine when I loaded them 2 weeks before - 0 failures in 200 rounds out of 2 mags.
Link Posted: 10/27/2008 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's 5.45...My HK mags had worked fine with 5.45 loaded to 25 rounds 2 weeks before...but I left this one loaded for 2 weeks...

http://www.azbattlerifles.com/images/HK.jpg

You're loading your magazines wrong....

Link Posted: 10/27/2008 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#6]
They do it with 5.56 also , I would not pay what H&K mags go for . If i want a steel mag i will buy C-Products SS .  Good luck getting replacement parts for H&K mags , they will not sell replacement parts for there mags.

Link Posted: 10/27/2008 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They do it with 5.56 also , I would not pay what H&K mags go for . If i want a steel mag i will buy C-Products SS .  Good luck getting replacement parts for H&K mags , they will not sell replacement parts for there mags.

As the saying goes:  HK does sell replacemt parts for their mags.  They come in a $50 stainless steel box.

I have 3 HK mags and the all funtion flawlessly,  I have one Pmag that I bought to see what they were all about.  The Pmag is very nice.  I have a bunch of USGI mags and they all work great too.  My next big mag purchase will most likely be 10 Pmags.
Link Posted: 10/27/2008 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#8]
My 13 HK mags worked great for a year in Iraq - as in flawlessly - but after about 18 months I started having failures.

I was A number 1 HK mag fan but don't delude yourself - they WILL wear out and they are NOT worth $50...
Link Posted: 10/27/2008 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#9]
My old squad leader still swears by the HK magazines, but one has broken itself just sitting in a vest for the last year.
I can't see a reason for anybody to buy an HK magazine when one could just as easily buy three PMags.
Link Posted: 10/27/2008 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

FAIL

That's classic - 8 rounds all pointing north!

Link Posted: 10/27/2008 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Loading Magazines

You're Doing It Wrong

Link Posted: 10/27/2008 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Can't comment on H&K mags, but I have heard at least 2 or 3 dealers tell me they have terrible customer service, are stuck up as can be, and don't give much attention to civilians at all, and expensive to boot.  I have a H&K USP in .40 S&W, that is very reliable, does kick a little (high bore axis, mounted Streamlight TLR-2 which tamed it a good deal.), as my bedroom gun.  It is fairly accurate.  Was missing the lock out key for it, after being passed around to 3 different H&K phone numbers, I finally got a hold of someone that said they would send it to me.  Never got it, gave up on them and got it from a dealer.

Happy with the gun, got a good deal on it, truly believe it will fire coated with mud, etc., yet I can't see myself buying another H&K product (and I feel bad about that, since they do have some very interesting items).
Link Posted: 10/27/2008 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Load it with 7.62x39 and you should be fine...
Link Posted: 10/27/2008 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#14]

If you have M4 feed ramps, no worries it should be fine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2008 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#15]
It's obviously trying to help you practice malfunction drills.
Link Posted: 10/27/2008 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#16]
What caused that? did you drop it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2008 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What caused that? did you drop it?

I did drop it, but then I smacked it around a few times, fired a round out of it, had a FTF, tap rack click, pulled the mag out, stripped the top round, fired again, FTF, pulled the mag out, a few rounds fell out, then it looked like that...
Link Posted: 10/28/2008 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#18]
$50 for one mag? Holy shit, why would anyone pay that....
Link Posted: 10/28/2008 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ask the US government...I think they might have gotten a volume discount...
Link Posted: 10/28/2008 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2008 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2008 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I bet you the mag probably cost $3-$5 to make.

I don't think paying 50%-90% more for the HK logo (on HK products) is worth it, but that's me. I like to save money.

For those that don't understand the joke "HK. Because you suck. And we hate you". Here's the link.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/
Link Posted: 10/28/2008 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

HK mags are no better than standard GI mags and IMO not as good as PMAG's.  When you can buy PMAG's for $15 you would be crazy to pay HK $50 for their mag.
Link Posted: 10/28/2008 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Everybody knows you're supposed to put the bullets in backwards in HK mags
Link Posted: 10/28/2008 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/28/2008 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, H&K is arrogant, but the Germans do make good stuff.  My Department needed a dozen new MP-5s plus beau coup magazines and they basically told us they'd get around to selling us what they felt like, when the typical Euro one month vacation was over.

Within a few years they won't matter anyway as the Muslims they've allowed into their countries are rapidly over-breeding the locals into oblivion.
Link Posted: 10/28/2008 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Everybody knows you're supposed to put the bullets in backwards in HK mags

with French made mags/weapons also

Link Posted: 11/30/2008 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I've had exactly one experience with HK customer (dis)service.  I bought a pre ban HK-91 many years ago and wanted a factory owners manual.   When I called them up they didn't want to give me the time of day until I said "I thought there's a law requiring gun manufacturers to provide owners manuals upon request?"

They sent me some photocopies of an owners manual.

a-holes IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:29:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you the mag probably cost $3-$5 to make.

I don't think paying 50%-90% more for the HK logo (on HK products) is worth it, but that's me. I like to save money.

For those that don't understand the joke "HK. Because you suck. And we hate you". Here's the link.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/

LOL!  That article was funny.

Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Will a GI magazine do something like that?  Most of my magazines are aluminum GIs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:33:14 AM EDT
[#31]
I've called HK on a few occassions. And when I talked to a warm body, they were courteous and patient. Maybe it's all about the delivery of your question. If you ask the question offensively, then you put people on the defense. If you want good customer service, talk to them as though you're talking to your wife, or your mother, with respect. I have found that this usually works. A coworker was having some issues with his Benelli, and he told me about the HORRIBLE customer service...until I heard how he tried to handle them. I KNOW that he'sthe customer, and the customer 'should' always be right, BUT, when you're a thousand miles away,acting like an ass on the other end of the phone, what do you expect? What would YOU do if someone called you up and acted like a complete ass???

As far as the mags...wow. I have SEVERAL Gen II mags...no issues whatsoever. They're not safe queens either. No, they haven't been in the sandbox, but they've been dropped repeatedly in matches. In your own 'expert' opinion, what caused the magazine to do this?
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As far as the mags...wow. I have SEVERAL Gen II mags...no issues whatsoever. They're not safe queens either. No, they haven't been in the sandbox, but they've been dropped repeatedly in matches. In your own 'expert' opinion, what caused the magazine to do this?

Hardly an expert, but I am sure the spring is kaput.

Quoted:
Will a GI magazine do something like that?  Most of my magazines are aluminum GIs.

With 5.56? No. With 5.45, you'd be lucky to fit a USGI magazine into the magwell with 25 rounds in it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Have you disassembled your mag to see what really happened?
Quoted:
Quoted:
In your own 'expert' opinion, what caused the magazine to do this?

Hardly an expert, but I am sure the spring is kaput.

Link Posted: 12/1/2008 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#34]
You need to load the HK mags per the instructions on their brochures:

Link Posted: 12/1/2008 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#35]
even though its clearly stated by the OP, i don't think enough people in this thread realize that those are 5.45 rounds.
poor performance by a mag using rounds it wasn't designed for is not really fair.....
i could post pics of a bunch of 9mm rounds jammed in a Pmag and no one would take me seriously (for damn good reason!)

i'm no HK fanboy either.  i have 6 HK gen2 mags that i got for free that ran awesome for a few K, now some of them don't lock the bolt open.  that's what happens when a spring wears out, not a mess like the original picture....
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#36]
You can expect poor customer service with any equipment clearly stamped "LEO/military use only";  unless the service request comes from your department.  This is especially true of Colt, Ruger and the other big names.

I enjoy the brochure available at HK's website.  Where American made AR mags are sort of disposible trust the Germans to manufacture the BMW of magazines.  Just like a BMW it's prone to breakage and malfunction but it's pretty and feels good.

OK, I admit falling for the hype and taking the bait.  I bought five of them and they go unused.  I'm afraid I'll scratch them up or get them dirty.  Such an event would make me cry like a little girl whose Barbie has a broken arm.
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah, H&K is arrogant, but the Germans do make good stuff.  My Department needed a dozen new MP-5s plus beau coup magazines and they basically told us they'd get around to selling us what they felt like, when the typical Euro one month vacation was over.

Within a few years they won't matter anyway as the Muslims they've allowed into their countries are rapidly over-breeding the locals into oblivion.

This was actually explained to me in an HK school at their International Training Division.
They say that they get many orders from local departments or gun dealers––-and for example, they want 12 MP5s with Navy-style 1-2-FA fire groups in them with tritium sights.  While a 12K order might be a lot to your agency....it doesn't make a hill of beans against the order of the Norwegian Army, who just ordered 10,000 MP5s with standard FA groups.  They first and foremost cater to the military...ie, people who can spend lots of damn money and whose orders don't require special "burst mechanisms" or modifications to existing manufacturing processes. Your piddly 12K dollar order means little or nothing to these people.  They charge ridiculous prices and can flourish...much like the AR15 price gougers are doingnow––they are offering a service or product that people will pay shit-tons of money for at present.  The minute that people decide that MP5s/G36s, 50-dollar M16 mags, or $75.00 firing pins simply aren't worth the money...their prices will drop.  But as long as you have these military-big-budgeted bastards willing to pay ridiculous prices....ridiculous will be the order of the day.  Civilian in want/need?  Yeah...keep dreaming.  Remember...YOU SUCK (because you're a civilian) AND THEY HATE YOU.

Link Posted: 12/2/2008 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Where is the fail poster of their magazine add?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top