BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/21/2007 1:41:13 PM EDT
hey does anyone know anything about ar-15 7.62x39 mags can i convert my 223s or do i need to buy new ones and were.i was going for a 6.8 but the gunshows had no ammo for them so i went 7.62 due to cheap ammo.thanks HEY I FOUND SOME !!!! http://www.olyarms.com/?rootView=browse&view=dtl&ids=H12-762.OLYS GOT 30 ROUNDERS BUT THERE 30 BUCS.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:36:08 AM EDT
[#1]
So far all is quiet at the C Products Front!  I have heard nothing from Larry about a release date in May 07.  Last I heard they were waiting for tooling and a testing of the new design made from the new-tooled presses.  As always we AR 7.62x39 guys have to wait for the .223/5.56 & 9mm guys to get their toys 1st.

ArticWolf
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:24:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You can always use your 5.56 mags and load between 5-8 rounds.  Not the best answer but probably the cheapest (and quickest).

Been waiting since November/December 2005 for C-Products 7.62x39 mags.  Not bashing, just waiting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
so c prouducts are going to be making new mags for us 7.62 in the far future lol.i found 20 rounders for 29.00 at http://www.floridagunworks.com/floridagunworks_product_list_9.html.and i read that the big double drum 100 rounder works great but i like 20s.thanks for the help ill look up cpro.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:36:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

*EDITED*

i found 20 rounders for 29.00 at http://www.floridagunworks.com/floridagunworks_product_list_9.html.

Thanks for the heads up.  However, I checked out this web site and found that the Mag in question is not a current one being offered.

ArticWolf
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I figured 7.62x39 might work in my 223 beta-mag & tried it, but it didn't work for me. It seemed like it was going to split the tower.  I e-mailed the mfg & told them they may have a good mkt for them if they set one up for the 7.62x39. The roller the cartridges ride on accommodate for the taper in the case - it seems like a perfect solution.
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I JUST WENT TO FLORIDA GUNS WEB SITE AND THEY ARE LISTED I SENT THEM AN E MAIL ASKING IF THEY DO HAVE THEM SO WE WILL SEE .THEY DONT SHOW UP YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON AR15 THEN MAGAZINES AND THEY ARE THERE.THE FIRST PAGE IS SPECIALS
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 1:03:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I JUST WENT TO FLORIDA GUNS WEB SITE AND THEY ARE LISTED I SENT THEM AN E MAIL ASKING IF THEY DO HAVE THEM SO WE WILL SEE .THEY DONT SHOW UP YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON AR15 THEN MAGAZINES AND THEY ARE THERE.THE FIRST PAGE IS SPECIALS

STAY AWAY FROM FLORIDA GUN WORKS!!!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Please, use punctuation, turn off your caps lock, and use proper capitalization.  It is quite difficult to read your posts.  Your previous post in this thread was far worse.
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Artic was right.Florida gun works sent me a e mail they have no magazines in stock.yet they are listed.and i guess i should stay away from there site.I will  try Oly Arms for the mags when they get them.I hope this post is bettter.
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Much better.  Thank you.  Your thoughts came through much more clearly, and I did not get a headache.  Add some spacebar and you'll have perfect posts.

I don't mean to get on your case, so I should probably explain exactly why I bitched.

Every time one posts, he needs to realize that what may be perfectly clear to him, may not be to others.  Proper spacing, punctuation. and capitalization enables us to more clearly understand what you are asking.  Without the periods, commas, and other marks, sentences and thoughts run together, causing confusion.  When I reply to somebody in the technical forums, I want to be able to help.  For me to be able to do that, I need to know what, exactly, is being asked.  

Good luck with your mags.  Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 5/6/2007 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Well my search is over.After all that looking online I have found some mags at the local class 3 dealer . So now i can sit back and wait for C product 7.62x39mm ones to come out    lol and Thank you all
Link Posted: 5/6/2007 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Out of curiosity, what brand and capacity did you find?  I've bought MWG 10 rounders when I've seen them at the gun shows, ignored the USA 20rounders and foolishly keep hoping to find some Frankenmags at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 5/6/2007 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Well im in central florida and a local gunshop had a few Frankenmags in 30 rds. I would have liked the 20s better . But he says he has more. i payed 25.00 for the 30 rdrs. They are very well made. But im still hoping for the C prouduct mags. There is a guy on here with alot of frankenmags for sale a few 20,more 30s its in the mag section. They are closed tommorow but if you like i will see how many he has if your interested.
Link Posted: 5/7/2007 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Deputy180

I'm in central FL too & am interested in the Frankenmags.  If you wouldn't mind passing that info along, I'd appreciate it too.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/7/2007 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#15]
ArcticWolf,

I thought you were on of the guys that was first on the block to try out CPs first attempt at the 7.62 mags....If I remember correctly, I thought they worked perfectly for you?

Link Posted: 5/17/2007 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

ArcticWolf,

I thought you were on of the guys that was first on the block to try out CPs first attempt at the 7.62 mags....If I remember correctly, I thought they worked perfectly for you?

HK_DUDE,

Sorry for the delay in my answering your question, but yes the 4 CP AR 7.62x39 Mags worked great in my Colt.  I cycled Wolf FMJ/HP ammo, Remington, and reloads using FMJ/HP/SP rounds.  In fact the SP fed without any problems compared with my other after market Mags.

The ONLY reason that I returned my CP 7.62x39 Mags was related to the release date and wanting to be 1st in line to get the 2nd generation of CP 7.62x39 Mags.  I loved how they functioned in my Colt and funny as it may seam, I could always tell when the bolt assembly locked back on the last round.  It was hit and miss with my other Mags.

With the 9mm ready for production and most of the group Mags being shipped, it looks like we are closer to getting our 2nd generation AR 7.62x39 Mags.  If all goes well, I do hope to have 100 of the AR 7.62x39 Mags in stock before the end of the year and having fun at the range.

I do feel that it will well be worth the wait that we have had to suffer through.  I don’t blame CP, but Colt for NOT having this problem solved before the release of the weapon!

ArticWolf
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 4:06:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 4:16:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd like to order some once they are available. Can you place me on a notification list?

Thanks,

Sua Sponte,
Prib
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 5:41:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I do feel that it will well be worth the wait that we have had to suffer through.  I don’t blame CP, but Colt for NOT having this problem solved before the release of the weapon!

ArticWolf

CP makes a mag that doesnt work and you blame Colt???

This smells like liberal talk.  LMAO!  

Hey, my DPMS plastic mags run great!  Wow!  Frankenmags work great!   I guess Colt built their guns  for all 7.62 magazines except CP.

Hang in there Arcticwolf, CP will get it right in a year or two.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This smells like liberal talk. LMAO!

Hey, my DPMS plastic mags run great! Wow! Frankenmags work great! I guess Colt built their guns for all 7.62 magazines except CP.

You know something, I have a great for you to put your money where your mouth is....If you think that making this magazine is so easy, you go to the bank, loan about $350,000 and get started making the tooling. When you are done and they are tested and you guarantee them, I'll be your first customer and I'll buy as many as you can make. Let me know your delivery date!
Also, let me know where I can buy a Colt 7.62x39 - 30 round magazine? And it has to work every time.

Larry
C Products

Thanks for the offer Larry, but I aint in that business, you are.  Which is why I am buying your products.  I put my money in your pocket Larry.  

You are over a year behind schedule and redesigning your 7.62x39 magazine because your first design effort was not acceptable.  The fact that you have so many people standing by, including me, means that your repuation is still intact.  Even missing promised delivery dates, we are still waiting with hope.  Millions of 7.62x39 magazines are made and sold every day all over the world.   Two plus years to develop and produce a working magazine indicates to me that it is not a real high priority, which is your call.  

Now tell me again how the lack of a 7.62x39 magazine from CP is Colts fault?

Hang in there Larry!  You will be rewarded for your efforts.  I promise!
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#23]
That is why we hang together Larry, lest we hang separate.

You can quote me on that.  LOL!
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

This smells like liberal talk.  LMAO!  

Hey, my DPMS plastic mags run great!  Wow!  Frankenmags work great!   I guess Colt built their guns  for all 7.62 magazines except CP.

FYI:

1.  I own a Colt Sporter AR-15 7.62x39 with a DPMS lower.

2.  The 20 round after Market Mags would cause FTF & jams.

3.  Not every last round would lock back the bolt assembly.

4.  I have 2 Frankenmags that will NOT allow the bolt assembly to function.

5.  ALL CP AR 7.62x39 Mags worked perfect with the exception of a few rounds that (wolf ammo) that were low powder loads.

6.  To my knowledge, DPMS had NOT offered their 7.62x39 Mags until after CP Mags.

7.  Larry & Berry had great function reports on most of their 1st generation AR 7.62x39 Mags.  However, because they failed to work to their standards they themselves made the decision for the recall and spend the time & money to get it right.

8.  Not even Colt had a working Mag for their AR-15 7.62x39 even though they had stamped their Mags as such so don’t blame CP for their efforts.

9.  As for your “Liable” statement, I bet you don’t even play an attorney on TV!

Most of the flack that I have observed about this subject comes from people without a dog in this fight.  As I do have a major investment in the outcome of this Mag (No I don’t work for or own stock in CP, but I wish I did just over this issue!) I know that CP will lick this problem.

As for your great working plastic DPMS Mags, Id like to see them after a good Arizona Summer or Pt Barrow, Alaska Winter test.  Talk about LMAO, I would rather place the outcome of my life on a CP SS Mag over any plastic Mags under the conditions that I have just mentioned.  I have lived and worked in both areas where I have experienced temps from +135°F in the shade to -99°F with wind chill of -140°F.

To make my point very clear for you, yesterday we had a Quartzsite Police offered shot with an automatic weapon 7 time before he could get out of his patrol car during a traffic stop.  Before you ask, he is going to make it thank God!  However, if this had been during our HOT summer time (yesterday 102 in the shade) the 100 plus LEO (even the CHP sent in men & chopper) would have conducted their manhunt in the extreme temps.

A true “Combat Ready” Mag is not just an issue for the military personal in combat.  More and more LEO are allowed to carry their AR-15/M16 while on duty.  From the take down point of view (former sniper & tact member) the swap from the .223/5.56 to the 7.62x39 could be a major move just here at home for many LEO alone.  They DEMAND the best working Mags and there are NO second place winners!

ArticWolf

Link Posted: 5/18/2007 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#26]
JT,

Please except my apology if my response seamed hard.  Yesterdays shooting opened old wounds that are still deep for me.  If I come off as an A.H. over this, please forgive me.  I lost a family member with wife and children in the line of duty.  The MAIN focal point was defective equipment that if had been recalled would have allowed him to go home at the end of his shift, not the morgue.  

ArticWolf
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#27]
ArctiWolf, you have nothing to apologize for.  You have my deepest sympathies and total respect.
Link Posted: 5/19/2007 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#28]
JT,

Thank You.

ArticWolf
Link Posted: 5/24/2007 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#29]
SHOOTING UPDATE: Quartzsite, AZ

I know that many of you have family and friends in Law Enforcement.  As such I didn’t want to leave you hanging over the Quartzsite Police Officer Shooting.

The PO is back home mending and doing fine.  The suspected shooter’s body was found just northwest of the town in the desert.  First reports are that he had died from a self-inflected gunshot and had been there for 2-3 days.  

The older couple that he was known to travel with have yet to be found and family members have not heard from them as to date.

ArticWolf
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#30]
any updates on these?
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#31]
It is my understanding that they have a working AR 762x39 Mag.  However, its design must be converted into the SS version and complete the required testing (before the major $$$ retooling) as its forerunner.  In short we are closer than we were in January.

Now if all the other AR oddball ammo owners keep quiet with their request to Larry & C Products, we just may have our AR 7.62x39 Mags SOON!

ArticWolf
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#33]
It certainly makes me happy I spent the huge bucks I did during the ban to get the 7.62x39 Franken mags that I have.  I have a small collection fo 20s, 30s, and 40s as well as one Chinese 75-rd drum that works with the AR-15.  They all work great for me!

All of my Franken mags are USA brand and I used the mags in semiauto as well as full auto...

Good Luck with your search...
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

It certainly makes me happy I spent the huge bucks I did during the ban to get the 7.62x39 Franken mags that I have.  I have a small collection fo 20s, 30s, and 40s as well as one Chinese 75-rd drum that works with the AR-15.  They all work great for me!

All of my Franken mags are USA brand and I used the mags in semiauto as well as full auto...

Good Luck with your search...

It just so happens that I have 2 30 round Frankenmags for sale.  The don't work worth a damn in my Colt AR-15 7.62x39...

ArticWolf

Link Posted: 6/6/2007 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If I remember correctly, I read in another thread that CProducts wanted to complete the 9mm mag project first before they went any further on the 7.62x39 magazine.

So if this is true Patience

They never stopped, just not to the scale of the 9mm...

ArticWolf
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It just so happens that I have 2 30 round Frankenmags for sale.  The don't work worth a damn in my Colt AR-15 7.62x39...

ArticWolf

Link

The 20s really work well... perhaps you just need to remove a little off the feed lips?
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Arcticwolf

Where are the frankenmags listed?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Today I spoke with someone at Oly, as I've been wanting to put together a 7.62 AR - I like the round and I definitely like the platform more than an AK - and was told that they are not anticipating having the C Products mags until October.
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 4:21:03 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIPPED

Also, let me know where I can buy a Colt 7.62x39 - 30 round magazine? And it has to work every time.

Larry
C Products

magazine indicates to me that it is not a real high priority, which is your call.  

Now tell me again how the lack of a 7.62x39 magazine from CP is Colts fault?

Hang in there Larry!  You will be rewarded for your efforts.  I promise!

Colt never made high-capacity magazines in quanitity for the 7.62x39mm AR-15. Colt released the rifle with an inadequate magazine solution.

Colt 9mm AR owners could always buy Colt 9mm magazines, even if they were expensive.  Seen any threads on how great Colt 7.62x39mm magazines are?  Wonder why?
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 5:34:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Larry,

Let us know when to send back our old ones to exchange for the new ones.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#42]
What to do after the 7.62x39 project?  How about some stainless 40 round 223 mags?
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
What to do after the 7.62x39 project?  How about some stainless 40 round 223 mags?

The key word here being AFTER
Link Posted: 6/27/2007 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

9mm is done. Geez, what to do next?

Only kidding, we are having a design review meeting next week. We are ready to go forward with the 7.62x39.

Larry
C products

OUCH!  That hurt Larry!

Thanks for remembering us!

ArticWolf
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#45]
It'd be nice to see a pic of a prorotype, or something.
I keep imagining CP workers welding an AK mag to a USA AR15 mag, at this point i'd be happy with at least that.

Off to the pawnshop to pawn the COLT 7.62 AR15, so I can buy an AK.
Maybe there will be a mag available by the the time the pawn comes due, in 3 months.
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm bettin' on ya, pal.  Just this weekend I bought my 7.62 upper, so I'll probably be hungry for those mags pretty soon.
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Have confidence guys, they are doing their best. Remember 7.62x39 is really hard to design an AR mag for.
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm new to the AR15.com crowd.  Just a simple nobody that served his country for 15 years and is now disabled and discarded.  With that said, I was very impressed in the way that gun people have resolved these 'talks' and keep the issue of shooting in the forefront.  I am glad that I am a paying member, even if I was gifted in.

So far the people that I have met from AR15.com have been good people with honest intentions.  It seems that the developers are doing their best and care.  Shooters just want to shoot and we should always keep in mind that divisiveness creates more targets!  Just kidding, but it does weaken our rights, which we dare not lose.  And without mags - sinbgle shots suck!!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Have confidence guys, they are doing their best. Remember 7.62x39 is really hard to design an AR mag for.

I have confidence....I have patience...my appetite is whetted....I just hope they become available sooner rather than later in case my state eventually gets around to banning  the  purchase of new mags over 10 rounds.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top