Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2005 11:59:19 PM EDT
They have a huge write up about them on the front of their catalog add-in. It also appears they are giving a 10% special discount on them. You can choose either a MIL-SS magazine spring or a chromed one for the same price. Anyone tried them yet?
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Ive been using them for the last few 3-gun matches. They are far superior to any other Mil-spec mag. And for the price they cant be beat.
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ive been using them for the last few 3-gun matches. They are far superior to any other Mil-spec mag. And for the price they cant be beat.

I'm not trying to be cute, but what basis do you have for that comment besides your "gaming"? Brownells may be good, but they ain't gonna be any better than any good USGI magazine.

In fact, if anyone out there feels they are "da bomb" I have three twice-at-the-range used Brownells curved 20s I'm selling because I don't like them...check the EE...
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone else have experience with them?

I was thinking about ordering a 20 and a 30.  I'm especially ingrigued by the curved 20.  Why do you not care for them?

Link Posted: 4/7/2005 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm curious also, my usgi mags work fine, how are these "better?" Can't get 'em in NY anyway Too bad as I might try them, Brownells is usually a prett good outfit

Yes you can
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 30 round mags from the new specs and all function out of the bag and loaded with 30 rounds then set for two weeks under the load, taken to the range and rapid fired with zero problems.

I ordered quite a few more and have had zero problems with them, I would never pimp a bad product but like what I recieved this time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm curious also, my usgi mags work fine, how are these "better?" Can't get 'em in NY anyway Too bad as I might try them, Brownells is usually a prett good outfit

Yes you can

LOL Okay "It's not worth the potential trouble for me to have them in NY"

Trust me I travel a lot, I've actually had naughty mags bought and in my pack and finally broke down and left them behind.

I have to admit when it comes to New York laws I am totally behind the curve so to speak, can you replace unserviceable magazine parts with “replacement” components?

Not saying to build a new magazine, just a part replacement.
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Does anyone else have experience with them?

I was thinking about ordering a 20 and a 30.  I'm especially ingrigued by the curved 20.  Why do you not care for them?

My dislike stems from looks alone. The magazines functioned fine - I thought curved 20s would "grow" on me, but they didn't. I like straight 20s. That's just me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

okayyyyyyy

Link Posted: 4/7/2005 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The Brownells floorplates are tin junk. USGI mags can be found for the same price with much better finish
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top