Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2005 1:57:46 PM EDT

That's the kind of reliability you want and our magazines - the Brownells High Capacity AR-15/M16 magazines - delivers that kind of total reliability every time. On the range, in the field, in a tactical situation, under fire. When your life is on the line, you need all the firepower you can muster. These magazines deliver. Period.

Are they as good as they claime?
Link Posted: 3/23/2005 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2005 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
i just got mine today.  i took advantage of their $11.25 special.  at first glance they looked great.  then i started looking closer.  the body halves are clean and nice stampings.  green follower.  floor plate looked a little flimsy.  then i looked at the spot welds on the back.  there are 6 (which is good).  i think that six is the minimum for MIL STD.  however the welds apear like liek someone in 9th grade metal shop was learning how to spot weld.  there are a couple of burn through marks.  so, to answer your question: they are not as good as they say,(they could be with a little QC).  i agree with others that they would make great range/ practice mags.  i did also try them with one of my tight magwell receivers, and all three ejected clean with no hang ups.
Link Posted: 3/24/2005 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the links
Link Posted: 3/25/2005 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried to order some from Brownells but I was told that I need to put it on LE company letter head.  How are other buyers able to purchase directly from Brownells and at the special rate (~$11)?
Link Posted: 3/25/2005 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You must be in one of their "Rights Restricted" zip codes.  The declined to sell to me even after 10+ years as one of their jobber customers.  Damn, I never should have left VA.

BBossman
Link Posted: 3/25/2005 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
i have a C&R FFL which enables me to get dealer pricing.  not sure why you need a LEO letter head.  maybe they are mixing up your addresses.  didn't you say you lived in CA in the past.  that happened to me before.  i moved from CA to MN last year and it took forever to get my address straight with vendors so they would finally ship me mags(yes it did happen with brownells also).  with some companies it took alot of patience and alot of phone time and a little FAXing documents to prove I wasn't in CA anymore.  Brownell's was smooth.  the worst was Interordnance, however, it was right after their big federal lawsuit so it is understandable.  everything fine now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2005 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I got eight of their 30rd mag bodies to refurbish some old mags.

On a couple of the magazines, the Magpul follower would not move smoothly and I had to use a green follower.

When I got to the range I discovered that with seven of the eight the magazine would not even insert into the mag well without a lot of effort. Just too tight. This is on an early PWA lower that has never had a problem with any other mag.
Link Posted: 3/26/2005 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#8]
The three curved 20rd mags I got from them work fine. Ran each one thorugh three times the last outing and no problems. Quality looks good also. Solid, well built. I'm not a fan of the curved 20's though...but hey what the hell!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top