Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2010 1:13:57 PM EDT
any good? 62gr. 556x45 made in turkey.
Link Posted: 7/25/2010 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on your rifle. Its hit or miss.

I have shot many sub moa groups using it in my Armalite 16" and its runs flawlessly. But in my 18" SPR, I get a FTF every 3-4 rounds, and 2"+ 5 shot groups at 100 yards, and this rifle can easily do .5moa with the correct ammo.
Link Posted: 7/25/2010 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

any good? 62gr. 556x45 made in turkey.

The 62 grain American Tactical M855 clone is one of the absolute least accurate loads that I have ever tested.  The manufacturer should be sued for false advertising.  They claim on the box that each lot is tested “to assure less than one minute of angle” accuracy at 100 meters.  Genuine Lake City M855 doesn't even come close to that level of accuracy, even when fired from machine rested, bolt-actioned test barrels.  I have yet to see anyone produce a sub-MOA group with this ammunition that wasn’t some pathetic, cherry-picked 5-shot group.  

The single smallest 10-shot group that I was able to obtain with the lot of 62 grain American Tactical that I tested had an extreme spread of 4.49” at 100 yards.  That was fired from a bench-rest set-up using a free-floated, chrome lined, NATO chambered, Colt HBAR.

Maybe in Turkey, one minute of angle is 5 inches at 100 meters.

Link Posted: 7/27/2010 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the poster above... The Tula I shot through my 1:7 14.7" Chrome lined was more accurate than the ATI imported stuff I shot. But as always YMMV... It's got more good reviews than bad ones I've seen on here.

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought 990 rds of that stuff about a year and a half ago.  Was not at all impressed!  Fired 60 rds through a 20" heavy barrel AR, pretty much an A2 clone except for the HB.  Encountered FTE problems every 4-6 rounds, plus it was blowing the primers out of the pockets on 2-3 out of 10 rounds.  Ran into those problems this past July and haven't touched the remaining 900+ rounds.  Might just be a bad lot. Seeinga as how this thread has reminded me I'll fire some more next week and let you guys know wassup!  It definitely has been segregated way far away from my defensive use ammo!
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Any opinion on the American Tactical 7.62x51?
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any opinion on the American Tactical 7.62x51?

Absolute crap, to copy and paste from another web-board I reported on:

In a recent trade deal I got about 100 rounds of the American Tactical (ATI) 7.62x51 and decided to go to the range and wring it out a bit.

If you're not familiar with it, it's not American at all, and is in fact Turkish in origin. The 150gr. FMJ is apparently (or maybe not) loaded to NATO-type specs, however there is no NATO cross on the head-stamp.

It's boxer primed, brass cased, "MKE 08" headstamp.

First, the good.
It's accuracy isn't too bad for military ball. Out of my loaded M1A, I was getting groups in the 2.25" range at 100 meters off of a bi-pod. Point of impact, however, was somewhat lower than my standard M80 ball zero by around an inch or so.

The bad?
Cycling problems... LOTS of them. Every second or third round I had to cycle by hand due to a FTE, or FTF. Strangely enough, it felt like it was shooting "soft". Noticeably less recoil than other types.

So, I decided to run 20 rounds through the chrono. While it showed pretty consistent velocity, it was clocking a little on the slow side with an average around 2,625 fps or so.

Switching back to Radway Green and DAG showed 100% for function.

My guess is this stuff is loaded a little light for consistent reliable operation in the M-14 pattern rifle, or perhaps this was a bad lot. It would be fine for target practice with a bolt gun, or a gas-rifle with an adjustable gas system that you could run wide open.

I'm planning on pulling down the rest for reloading."
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
This is going to be my most expensive plinking ammo.I bought a case of it and i always get FTE's.

As soon as use this POS up i would never buy any ATI products again.Shit even Silver bears are more reliable than these.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is going to be my most expensive plinking ammo.I bought a case of it and i always get FTE's.

As soon as use this POS up i would never buy any ATI products again.Shit even Silver bears are more reliable than these.

The brass ain't bad for reloading though...
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Good thing I only bought 30 rounds! I wouldn't have bought that if I had read these reviews. I'll try em in my 1/7CL DTI and see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought 90 rounds to try it out, and this stuff is terrible.   I shot some yesterday and my "best" 5 shot group at 100 yards was 2.5".  Average 5 shot group was about 3.5".

I agree with Molon... the Turks must have a whole different definition of 1 MOA.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The worst accuracy of anything I've ever shot out of my DTI 1/7CL (It'll shoot TAP 75g into 3/4" groups). The ATI was spraying like a fire hose maybe 5" groups. I gotta say - their 5.56 x45 seems to have a heck of a lot more recoil than the .223.
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#12]
". the Turks must have a whole different definition of 1 MOA."

You didn't really expect them to ship the good stuff to us infidels did you?  I must agree, it is on par with Indian ammunition but at higher cost.  Avoid.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top