Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2008 4:13:10 PM EDT

Not sure if I'll shoot it - 1921 was probably corrosive.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I think all they had were corrosive primers in those days. No big deal...just clean your weapon right away.
I think you are wise to not open that box, I'm sure it's worth a pretty penny to collectors
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be unforgivable to shoot that box of ammo. If you aren't a collector, offer it up to someone who is. Try over at the IAA forums. http://cartridgecollectors.org/forum/index.php
Oh, and it is definitely corrosive.

I am pretty sure that I have some loose rounds of the same thing. They have a RNL bullet with a light powder charge. I pulled the bullet on one with a dented casing and the powder looked and smelled like it was made from orange peels. Very citrusy.
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Very cool!  Where did you find it?
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]
dont shoot it  keep it how often do you run across vintage ammo
Link Posted: 11/5/2008 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#5]
yup!

THAT box is a great collector's item.

Link Posted: 11/5/2008 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, thanks for the replys.  I was toying with just burning it up as blasting ammo!  Guess I ought not.  Probably should find a Ziploc to keep it safe in, and toss in the bottom of an ammo can.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It would be unforgivable to shoot that box of ammo. If you aren't a collector, offer it up to someone who is. Try over at the IAA forums. http://cartridgecollectors.org/forum/index.php

I am pretty sure that I have some loose rounds of the same thing. They have a RNL bullet with a light powder charge. I pulled the bullet on one with a dented casing and the powder looked and smelled like it was made from orange peels. Very citrusy.

FA ammo isn't really collectible. A ton was made for first WW. I pickup mop pails of this stuff at gun shows cause no one wants corrosive. However I shoot 03A3 which is easy to clean and was the gun paired for this ammo. Very accurate stuff as those days a soldier was expected to pop the head off a kraut in a trench at 300 yards with ironsights.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FA ammo isn't really collectible. A ton was made for first WW. I pickup mop pails of this stuff at gun shows cause no one wants corrosive. However I shoot 03A3 which is easy to clean and was the gun paired for this ammo. Very accurate stuff as those days a soldier was expected to pop the head off a kraut in a trench at 300 yards with ironsights.

Uh.. This is rather rare 1919 Gallery ammo in a VERY NICE condition box not run of the mill FA 1906 BALL

Link Posted: 11/7/2008 1:37:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh.. This is rather rare 1919 Gallery ammo in a VERY NICE condition box not run of the mill FA 1906 BALL

Thank You!

Link Posted: 11/7/2008 2:12:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't open it!

Sell it to anyone that collects vintage cartridge (www.cartridgecollectors.org is a good place to start) and with the money, get some modern ammo that you'll feel comfortable shooting through your rifle.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Screw those other sites. How much ya want for it?

If ya shoot it...a curse be upon your beer and gulash for life!
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#12]
F.A. is F.A but if you can get someone to pay you what you want for it good for you. Ebay is proof theres always someone somewhere wanting your stuff.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
F.A. is F.A but if you can get someone to pay you what you want for it good for you. Ebay is proof theres always someone somewhere wanting your stuff.

Gallery Practice is not M1 ball.

Link Posted: 11/10/2008 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Screw those other sites. How much ya want for it?

If ya shoot it...a curse be upon your beer and gulash for life!

If you're really interested, shoot me a PM.  Not looking for money - maybe an ammo exchange.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top