Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2008 5:01:52 AM EDT
I need to buy some 7.62 and ran across this stuff, but my searches here and on the net turned up no hits. Kinda makes me nervous.

Is this any good?

Is the price in line with its quality?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 5:10:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know the price but MEN is very good ammo. The bullets themselves are steel jacketed with a copper wash and have a lead core.

Old Painless did a 7.62x51 surp ammo shoot a while back with different surp but I have no idea if it's in the archives or not.

If the price is good, BUY IT.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I have shot it quite a bit and I agree, it is very good.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#3]
DUH! I forgot to write the price so yall could see the deal I was asking about.

The MEN ammo is 1000rds for $505 SHIPPED.

I can get PRVI for $550/1000 + SHIPPPING.

THe only ammo I am finding at a lower price is steel cased. I am going to pick up some steel, but want some brass rounds to just hold in reserve. Oh, the MEN is in battle packs, so I guess they are even ebtter for storage.

Do you worry about the steel jacketed bulltes? Is the copper thick enough to not prematurely wear out a barrel?

I did not know I could find the archives but just saw the button. I will check there as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#4]
great stuff ,although I prefer the PORT and DAG for accuracy out of my H&K's and clones Wow that is expensive ,I bought mine 4 or 5 years ago at $159.00 per 1000 round case shipped ,got a Quanity deal for 10 cases.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
we are going to have some Dynamit Nobel loose packed stuff next week for $209/500rd can, its been removed from the original packaging and dumped in .50cal cans, NATO marked,

does that bullet fragment?
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:12:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Is the South African loaded to NATO spec?

Is it in sealed battle packs, or is it loose?
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:34:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I just called about the DAG and they said it wasnt in stock yet.

the lady claimed it was "mixed headstamp" but do you know generally what years its from?

this is the steel jacketed AB22 bullet right? shiney silver bullet?
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a K from AIM today of the German stuff, I'll give a heads up on what it is, what it looks like and how it runs when it comes in.

If I like it I'll sell off some SA BPs and buy some more depending on age and condition.

I'm betting I can sell the SA off at local gunshows for the same price quite easily as it'll be quite a bit under the local vendor prices.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I ordered a K from AIM today of the German stuff, I'll give a heads up on what it is, what it looks like and how it runs when it comes in.

If I like it I'll sell off some SA BPs and buy some more depending on age and condition.

I'm betting I can sell the SA off at local gunshows for the same price quite easily as it'll be quite a bit under the local vendor prices.

WTF? I tried to place an order today and the lady said they didnt have any in yet. . oh well Ill try tommorow.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF? I tried to place an order today and the lady said they didnt have any in yet. . oh well Ill try tommorow.

One of you got the wrong lady.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of you got the wrong lady.

Bill

It was not in yet but they let me order some. Said it would go out in a couple of days. I had one of the gents on the line, not some gal but the gals are pretty darn cool also, never had an issue with one, all have been knowledgeable and friendly.

Maybe I'm on the AIM Double secret preferred customer list!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Century arms has it for C&R/Dealer price $425 per k + $12.50 shipping October special.

Reg price $500 + $12.50
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:48:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Are the MEN and the Dynamit Nobel mentioned in this thread Boxer or Berdan primed?

With the cost of 7.62  it looks like I am going to be some reloading!

^&%$! I hate crimped primers
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone shot some of the AIM Surplus German stuff yet? Are the Steel/Copper jacket bullets rough on barrels?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top