User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Please Note:

The Ammo Price List is now posted at the top of page 45.

FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 3:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a feeling its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.  Today's prices might seem cheap 6-18 months from now.  That sid, Im torn between buying more 12ga and 45acp which I need and dumping money into oil stocks
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I was just lookig through my Natchez catalog and noticed all the prices I looked at in the catalog were cheaper than what's posted on their website. Just got the catalog in the mail yesterday.

XM193 is 8.29 a box, XM193C is 7.99, etc.

Wonder which one's right? (not that it matters since they're out of stock anyway)
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#4]
My nephew in New Mexico was laid off from the copper mine near Silver City. He said  they told him it was due to the lower price of copper.

Wonder when this will translate to lower prices for us?
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a feeling its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.  Today's prices might seem cheap 6-18 months from now.  That sid, Im torn between buying more 12ga and 45acp which I need and dumping money into oil stocks

Hard to call on that one.  Heating oil seemed like a safe bet to buy an entire winter's worth back in July as well.... Commodities market and fuel prices are now in the toilet and still dropping.
Link Posted: 12/4/2008 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#6]
AIM Surplus as of yesterday...

Prvi Partizan Battle Packed .223/5.56x45 M193 55grn FMJ

1K for $374.75.

Also 200 round battle packs for $74.95.

An AIM rep said they should have enough to last through today, whatever that means.
Link Posted: 12/4/2008 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
AIM Surplus as of yesterday...

Prvi Partizan Battle Packed .223/5.56x45 M193 55grn FMJ

1K for $374.75.

Also 200 round battle packs for $74.95.

An AIM rep said they should have enough to last through today, whatever that means.

Already gone from the website.  So much for lasting through the day.

Oh well... I grabbed my 1200 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Thursday, Dec 4, I bought a box of Federal Value pack (100 rounds) of .223 fmj, 55 gr, at an area Wal Mart (West Point) for $41.97. It is the only Wal Mart around this area that has it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
hmm looks like ammo is getting harder and harder to find

anyone have any suggestions on ammo that is pretty accurate that is still available in bulk orders? or that isnt TOO expensive??
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
ATG has Hornady 5.56 (the NATO round with T2 bullet) again.  I just got some.
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

ATG has Hornady 5.56 (the NATO round with T2 bullet) again. I just got some.
ATG called, and said your post is:

Ammunition To Go doesn't have Hornady 5.56 T2 TAP (#8126N) in stock, and hasn't had it in stock for quite some time.

FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Raise the BS flag if you want, but I've got an email confirmation dated yesterday.  I check the site regularly.  It showed up yesterday, I ordered some, checked the site later and it was no longer showing.   I know it doesn't show up often and it obviously doesn't stay around long, guess I won't bother to post if I see it again.  Just trying to be helpful, sorry.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 12:32:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Raise the BS flag if you want, but I've got an email confirmation dated yesterday. I check the site regularly. It showed up yesterday, I ordered some, checked the site later and it was no longer showing. I know it doesn't show up often and it obviously doesn't stay around long, guess I won't bother to post if I see it again. Just trying to be helpful, sorry.
No - I shouldn't have "jumped the gun" so to speak...

I sincerely hope that you get the ammo that you're expecting (#8126N), and in a timely manner (not back-ordered). There are many of us who check the listings daily for those somewhat "unique" offerings, and suffice it to say, suspicions get raised when a new member's first post claims to have found something that (according to the retailer) hasn't been available in months. Perhaps I raised the flag too soon, and if so, you have my utmost apologies (and somewhat envy) - for T2 TAP is becoming difficult to get a hold of... even for cops.

Welcome to ARFCOM.

FlDiveCop71

Link Posted: 12/12/2008 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#14]
.223 ammo is getting had to find around here, the last 1000 round of Wolf Military Classic I bought was $300. I just checked prices again from KY Imports and for 1000 rds is $325...
Where is this going to stop!!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raise the BS flag if you want, but I've got an email confirmation dated yesterday. I check the site regularly. It showed up yesterday, I ordered some, checked the site later and it was no longer showing. I know it doesn't show up often and it obviously doesn't stay around long, guess I won't bother to post if I see it again. Just trying to be helpful, sorry.

I sincerely hope that you get the ammo that you're expecting (#8126N), and in a timely manner (not back-ordered). There are many of us who check the listings daily for those somewhat "unique" offerings, and suffice it to say, suspicions get raised when a new member's first post claims to have found something that (according to the retailer) hasn't been available in months. Perhaps I raised the flag too soon, and if so, you have my utmost apologies (and somewhat envy) - for T2 TAP is becoming difficult to get a hold of... even for cops.
Welcome to ARFCOM.
FlDiveCop71

No offense, but if you really talked to somebody at the "retailer" (ie, ATG), then you talked to either a) a retard, b) a liar, or c) that guy who is always wrong about everything.  Myself and a bunch of other people on sigarms556.com ordered the same round from them on Dec. 9 like FloridaDog.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I can`t find anyone that has any bulk 223 wolf in stock. I want to order from somewhere that I don`t have to send my DL to them. Anybody know of anywhere that has it?
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can`t find anyone that has any bulk 223 wolf in stock. I want to order from somewhere that I don`t have to send my DL to them. Anybody know of anywhere that has it?

There's a ton on gunbroker.com.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to ARFCOM.

FlDiveCop71

No offense, but if you really talked to somebody at the "retailer" (ie, ATG), then you talked to either a) a retard, b) a liar, or c) that guy who is always wrong about everything. Myself and a bunch of other people on sigarms556.com ordered the same round from them on Dec. 9 like FloridaDog.
No offense taken, and the woman with whom I spoke is neither a liar, or a retard - just simply mistaken.

Link Posted: 12/12/2008 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#20]
I just got my TAP T2 order this week after the same two-weekish wait.

Yes it was the real deal- except they had carefully cut the lot # portion of the sticker off the outside carton and each individual box.  Obviously so their straw buyer wouldn't be found out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2008 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#21]
FYI<

OMB has Winchester Q3131A $440 shipped/1k.

http://www.ombexpress.com/product.asp?sku=AM751&src=151INEMC
FB
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just checked prices again from KY Imports and for 1000 rds is $325...

Copper and lead prices are back down to where they were in 2004 before the ammo price craziness started.  BUT! Ammo prices will not reflect the lower material cost until people stop acting like the sky is falling and quit hording ammo!

Ammo manufacturers are making a killing.  Cost are way down now and prices are way up.

When enough people decide that the current prices are BS, realize they will still be able to buy ammo next year and REFUSE to pay the currently inflated prices.....the price WILL go down.   Until then....either keep your money in your pocket, unless you really NEED the ammo....or bend over.

Link Posted: 12/15/2008 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just checked prices again from KY Imports and for 1000 rds is $325...

BUT! Ammo prices will not reflect the lower material cost until people stop acting like the sky is falling and quit hording ammo!

When enough people decide that the current prices are BS, realize they will still be able to buy ammo next year and REFUSE to pay the currently inflated prices.....the price WILL go down.   Until then....either keep your money in your pocket, unless you really NEED the ammo....or bend over.

I agree!
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Folks are buying up for other reasons than this. OBAMA BINLADIN is fixing to turn the knife in the buying and selling functions of ammo and weapons. Not to mention the extra tax for it coming as well.

If you like to shoot a lot, learn to reload. If you are just preparing for what is to come, go ahead and stock up.

One cannot even order an AR lower receiver internals set anymore. Glad something told me to order several extra replacement parts sets last Spring.

MUSIBIKE
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Happy Holidays!!!

May all your ammo purchases be of the highest quality, & available at the cheapest prices!!!

FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Please Note:

The Ammo Price List is now posted at the top of pg 45.

%&#@ Obama!!!
FlDiveCop71
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 3:21:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Golden Triangle WalMart on Dowlen Rd has Federal 55grn FMJ 100 round value packs back in stock at $39.97.

They had about a half dozen on the shelf at 9pm this evening, but don't know if they have more.

My guess with tomorrow being Saturday it will fly off the shelves like it's been flying of the shelves.

Link Posted: 12/31/2008 3:30:11 AM EDT
[#29]
With the slowing/retracting Economy, lower metals/materials prices, and decreased fuel/transport costs, are 5.56/.223 ammo prices set to fall in the future? I probably did most of my stocking up on AR-15 ammo during the price peak (made worse by public panic buying related to AWB fears, me included). Have any of you noticed any wholesale/retail price drop yet, and what are industry predictions for 2009 in general? Lower priced ammo would be a major factor in increasing participation in our sport.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Palmetto State Armory is SLOW right now!! I am still waiting for my order that I placed on 12/17/08
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Dansammo.com.   .223 62 gr. fmjbt steel case, $129/500rnds.
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Just received email from
Wholesale Hunter has Federal 223 55gr in stock.
194.50 per case  35 cases
http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product.asp?productid=27963
Link Posted: 1/3/2009 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Just checked out the local Wal-Mart and Meijer where I live.  The ammo that was in stock was so expensive, I could not believe it.  17.99 for 20 rounds of 55 gr FMJ!  Insane...
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#34]
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=120124893

Just saw this on gunbroker......it annoys me that some are taking advantage of the political situation.  And don't tell me it's not about politics.  I bought 200 rds m855 for 80 dollars a few months ago....
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Just visited my local Wal-Mart. They had one (yes, one) box of Remington Express for $17.99.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought some Remington .223 FMJ at a local Theisen's in Iowa here for $8.99/20 rounds yesterday.  Not super cheap, but at least they had a bunch in stock.  The guy at the counter didn't even know what 5.56 was when I asked if they had it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#37]
I picked up another three of the 100-round Federal .223 from Wal-Mart today.  That puts me at 900 rounds of that particular load.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I ordered two more cases of the 8mm MAUSER ammo from AIM. 1 cent to ship. $99/380 loose packed rounds. Two sardine cans come in a wooden crate with an opening tool.

This is corrosive stuff but, if you clean up right away it should be OK. Use Windex poured from the chaimber coming out the front end onto the ground to get the salt compound out fast. Then, well clean with oil and or desiel fuel on some patches. Go back and clean it with gun oil again the day after.

MUSIBIKE
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#39]
You guys buy a thousand rounds at a time and you WONDER why there's not damned ammo left for the rest of us who don't maintain ten thousand round "zombie" caches?  Get an EFFING LIFE.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You guys buy a thousand rounds at a time and you WONDER why there's not damned ammo left for the rest of us who don't maintain ten thousand round "zombie" caches? Get an EFFING LIFE.
This is a tech forum, not GD. If you don't have anything HELPFUL or INFORMATIVE to add in regards to the topic at hand- then don't post.

Link Posted: 1/10/2009 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Cabela's in Dundee, MI has a coupon sale for Federal XM194 (79.99 for 200).  Also, they have 1000 rnd bulk case of the same for 399.99.  Not the best prices, but decent considering no shipping cost.  They had a ton in stock.  They also has a ton of Wolf in stock (bulk cases and 200 battle packs).
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't know if this is the right place to post to ask this, but..

i have an unopened can of ammo i'd like to put up for trade or maybe sale.. pretty sure it's lake city m855, in stripper clips / bandoleers.. how many rounds came in those cans.. wasn't it 8xx?.. I can't remember. I think I bought it from ammo to go but I might be wrong

Anyway, I think I'd like to trade or sell it.  Just wondering what sort of value I should place on it.  Might just stick it on gunbroker if I can figure it out

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Don't know if this is the right place to post to ask this, but..

i have an unopened can of ammo i'd like to put up for trade or maybe sale.. pretty sure it's lake city m855, in stripper clips / bandoleers.. how many rounds came in those cans.. wasn't it 8xx?.. I can't remember. I think I bought it from ammo to go but I might be wrong

Anyway, I think I'd like to trade or sell it.  Just wondering what sort of value I should place on it.  Might just stick it on gunbroker if I can figure it out

Thanks

Check out what that is going for in the AMMO PRICE LIST section of this site. Then, you will know what to post it for sale as. More than likely you can do a face to face sale with that. Cash in hand, buyer gets to check the ammo out.

GOOD LUCK

MUSIBIKE
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You guys buy a thousand rounds at a time and you WONDER why there's not damned ammo left for the rest of us who don't maintain ten thousand round "zombie" caches?  Get an EFFING LIFE.

I like to see women get naked in piles of ammo.

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

AR-15s are ammo guzzlers.

Stop whining, start reloading.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 5:55:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like to see women get naked in piles of ammo.

+100
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ten thousand? There are many here who would feel practically naked with only 10k on hand.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Not sure if Im doing the right thing here, but I bought 60 rounds of PMC .223 today at Cabelas in Buda, Texas for $7.99/20  They had a ton of it and a number of SSBL AR's at about $1,200.

Walmart also had a lot of .223 in San Antonio for about $10-14 per box of 20.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not sure if Im doing the right thing here, but I bought 60 rounds of PMC .223 today at Cabelas in Buda, Texas for $7.99/20  They had a ton of it and a number of SSBL AR's at about $1,200.

Walmart also had a lot of .223 in San Antonio for about $10-14 per box of 20.

That's not a bad price for the PMC. I got lucky and picked up close to 1k of it at a local sporting goods store for $6.99 per 20 not too long ago. PMC brass should be pretty decent to reload if you're set up for it.

From peoples reports around the country, sounds like you're pretty lucky your Walmart still has anything on the shelves.

Link Posted: 1/18/2009 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Ammo availability seems to be nearing rock bottom across the board. Most every site I've checked is either exhausted or near so on 5.56 types. Wonder what it will be like a few weeks from now...

Somehow, I doubt it will be anything approaching good.

Page / 23
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top