Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 2:37:33 PM EDT
Hornady will only sell NATO pressure TAP 75 to LE.

Everyone else gets .223 SAAMI stuff.

Is there any good ammo company we can all write to and get them to load something to the same performance specs?

I was thinking Georgia Arms. I emailed them at: [email protected]. and asked if they would. I think they are open to using NATO pressure, but they won't make it if no one wants it.

Do people want this kind of ammo?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was thinking Georgia Arms. I emailed them at: [email protected].

considering that's my e-mail address, I don't think you're going to hear back from them

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a group buy awhile back done through Georgia Precision who contracted Black Hills to do it.  Things turned out poor, but this was about 2 years ago and there was very little interest in such a product.  Today the situation is much different and I don't think you'd have any problem getting enough people signed up for the 20,000 round order required for them to do it.  I and others would VERY MUCH prefer Black Hills over Georgia Arms, but I'm sure we'll settle for whoever we can get to do it.  Black Hills already has proven powder recipes for accurate, low-flash, NATO pressure 75-77gr .223 loads worked out and lots of experience loading for NATO pressure ammunition that must function correctly across a wide array of rifles.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Black Hills will only sell subsonic .308 to SOTs. That is such BS.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Black Hills will only sell subsonic .308 to SOTs. That is such BS.

Are you calling BS on my post or on the fact that they will only sell subsonic .308 to SOT?  I thought this was about getting the best NATO pressure 75-77gr ammunition available?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I am saying it is lame that they refuse to sell subsonic .308 ammo.

But yeah, if Black Hills would sell a NATO pressure 75 grain I would like it. I would really like to see 60 cents a shot. $1 or $1.20 a shot and I tend to save it rather than shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

But yeah, if Black Hills would sell a NATO pressure 75 grain I would like it. I would really like to see 60 cents a shot. $1 or $1.20 a shot and I tend to save it rather than shoot it.

The original group buy was something like $599 shipped per 1k. or $299+shipping for 500 so that price range is probably doable.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#7]
If someone would produce this as a steady line of ammo, it would sell.  The having to make a group buy for ammo is bullshit.  All the ammo manufacturers know this because they sell out of any (decent) 5.56 load they offer the the general public very, very quickly.

TS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:57:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Tagged for more info.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#9]
LEO/MILITARY ONLY AMMO

+p+ 9mm reloading can do it

77gr bullet 200 fps faster ? to bad reloading cant do it?

I have a old Handloading Book you should see some of these loads?

it has a load for a 9mm 115gr @ 1400 fps out of a 4 inch tube

I know lots chnge but damn?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So why not just have your LEO buddies order you the 75 grain 5.56 TAP at $.55 a shot and forget about Black Hills?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#11]
FWIW, you can buy Black Hills ammunition in blue or red box loaded with 77grn SMKs or 75grn match HPBTs at any time ya want from MidWay or others.

Ain't enough difference in the MV to matter much to the recipient, as they'll still be just a dead.

And you'll be shooting the bullet ya want albeit at a few FPS less, which will only increase the "throat" life of your bore, something most folks wouldn't mind doing.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I will be using it in a 10.5 inch barrel so I feel the extra speed is needed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 FOR MR WILSON

100fps/200fps the person on the other end wont know

Shot placement counts alot more than extra fps
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top