Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 3:17:04 PM EDT
http://home.comcast.net/~gocartmozart/mk262.jpg

The ammo loaded with the 77 grain Nosler OTM is from the original ar15.com special group purchase.  The rounds loaded with the Sierra 77 grain MATCH HP are Black Hills 2nds purchased from Cabela's.

Rounds were chronographed using an Oehler 35-P chronograph.  Muzzle velocities were calculated from instrumental velocities using Oehler's Ballistic Explorer software.  All strings of fire consisted of 10 rounds.

Nosler
Sierra 2nds

Colt 20" A2 1:7" twist

2867 fps
2806 fps

Colt 16.1" M4 1:9" twist

2770 fps
2710 fps

Colt 14.5" M4 1:7" twist

2630 fps
2628 fps

For additional comparison I have chronogrpahed 6 different lots of 77 grain Federal Gold Medal ammo.  The combined average muzzle velocity of all six lots was 2577 fps when fired from the same Colt 20" A2 barrel.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Good info, thanks for the work.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I still have some of that Nolser MK262 ammo on order.  Been waiting about 2 years now on it.  I wonder when it will come in...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top