Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 1:54:18 PM EDT
It seems that MCC has a terrible reputation on this board.  Against all advice, I bought some.  After firing off three hundred rounds of 55 gr. .223 ammo, I have determined that this ammo rocks!  It fired nice little groups and went right where I aimed it.  It explodes water bottles nicely, feeds reliably, extracts reliably, smells nice, looks pretty, and just generally is great.  Sure, there were problems in the past, but the past is past.  Get over it and shoot this stuff up.  I must say that Robert and Sara at www.ammunitionstore.com took care of me.  What more can I ask than great customer service and zero failures?  I would urge anybody to call them and get this ammo.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
How many threads is this now with people touting Maine Cartridge???

Seriously?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The no-risk offer I was the happy receipient of was thus:  If, for any reason, I was not satisfied with the Ammo, I could return it and have a refund, including shipping both ways.    BTW, I do not work for, nor have any other relationship (other than buying ammo) with the AmmunitionStore people.  Blasting is believeing, and I am now a convert.  I urge others to get some NEW PRODUCTION Maine ammo and try for yourself.  I agree with others that one would probably want to stay away from old ammo, but I have nothing but praise for new ammo from MCC.  Folks, it appears that the MCC problems are through.   I plan on purchasing a full 1000 rounds of MCC soon.  After blasting a few hundred more rounds, I'll come up with a new post on the efficacy of MCC for blasting.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
MCC used to be the test ammo used by the old "Machinegun News" magazine crew. Guys like Dan Shea used to swear by it back then. I don't know what happened to their quality control but I hope that they have gotten their act back together. I still have about half a case of their old 147gr 9mm stuff from about 1992. It's just waiting for me to get my MK-760 back from repair.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:55:04 AM EDT
[#6]
There is no reason to buy MCC over Wolf unless you plan on reloading the empties or if you catch some dealer clearancing it out at a very cheap price. If Wolf runs fine for you, then run it. I was just giving some history of MCC and hate to see, what used to be, a very good American company go downhill and possibly out of business.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I have decided to buy it because I like it.  That is all the reason I need.  I get good groups with MCC, and have had a positive experience.  MitchG, you stated that you "hate to see, what used to be, a very good American company go downhill and possibly out of business"  Isn't it possible that the problems are gone?  Isn't it possible that the quality control issues have been fixed?  Why not give this "very good American company" another chance?  Buy a few hundred rounds and see what happens.  I was hesitant to try it, but I did.  I have now found good, cheap American ammo.  Aimless, you asked why you  should buy Maine over Wolf.  I made no comparison amongst the two, however, you need to make your own criteria for what you shoot.  I have chosen to shoot MCC.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting...no other ammo I choose to shoot needs to have a guarantee on it.  Wonder why that is?

Sorry guys...too many people with too many bad stories for two newbies to come on and SWEAR by it. [sleep]

I'll wait for the sequel......
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#9]
"I bought a Pinto and it didn't explode!"

That's nice but I think I'll still wait a while before trying any. Maybe if there aren't any horror stories for a good 12 months or so I'll give em another shot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Collin,

I didn't mean to sound like I was writing off MCC. I meant that they used to make excellent ammo and I hope that they have solved their problems and stay in business. Personally, I have never had a bad round of MCC ammo. I would buy from them again anytime. I would just buy smaller quantities at first. If it takes giving a guarantee to get their good name back, then so be it. Time will tell, I hope it's good for MCC.

I don't know if the "newbie" comment was meant for me but if it was, I may be new to this site but I been building AR's for 15 years.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]
They have screwed too many people in the past, for me to do business with them today or in the future.

Course maybe they have reformed, so could Paul Podhorn, and AZ Shooter.........
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#12]
im not buyin shit based on the testimony of someone with a double digit post count. they should treat Maine cartridge posts like MARPAT posts. im sick of them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Just ordered another 1000
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
im not buyin shit based on the testimony of someone with a double digit post count.  
View Quote

Thats a real nice way to welcome new members.  

You have been here longer than me, but I have more posts than you.  What does that mean?

NOTHING.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, go easy on the new guys. [beer]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks obershutze916.

Collin, do you know what the MCC stuff you're shooting chronographs at? And if so, what brand barrel and length are you using? Do you know if it has a 223 or 5.56 chamber? Thanks,

Mitch
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah! Go easy on the [newbie]!!!  I don't have access to a chrono, but I can do some comparison.  In my 20 incher, it seems to be hotter than Wolf.  I perceive it to be roughly equal to some M193 I have.  I do know that it explodes water jugs very nicely and gets some pretty decent little groups.  Hope this helps.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:31:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
im not buyin shit based on the testimony of someone with a double digit post count.  
View Quote

Thats a real nice way to welcome new members.  

You have been here longer than me, but I have more posts than you.  What does that mean?

NOTHING.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, go easy on the new guys. [beer]
View Quote

I agree.  Just because the user has a low post count doesn't mean the person is just getting into AR's and doesn't know anything.  That is sometimes the case but not always.

edited: for typos
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#18]
hey i love newbies, i was a newbie. you were all once newbies. but MCC threads are every bit as bad as MARPAT threads. and all these "i love MCC" threads and "what do you know about MCC" etc seem like company shills. thats all i was saying. in re-reading it looked noob bashing. sorry collin
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
hey i love newbies, i was a newbie. you were all once newbies. but MCC threads are every bit as bad as MARPAT threads. and all these "i love MCC" threads and "what do you know about MCC" etc seem like company shills. thats all i was saying. in re-reading it looked noob bashing. sorry collin
View Quote

You are forgiven.  BTW, I AM new at AR rifles, but have been blasting other guns for about ten years.  I know that is not much time in comparison to others, but it is still enough to know good and bad ammo when I see it.  
[devil][snoopy] is forgiven!  Praise the LAWD GAWD!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:47:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Interesting...no other ammo I choose to shoot needs to have a guarantee on it.  Wonder why that is?

Sorry guys...too many people with too many bad stories for two newbies to come on and SWEAR by it. [sleep]

View Quote

What a typical SHIVAN458 post! [frag]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:11:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What a typical SHIVAN458 post! [frag]
View Quote

Thanks, [:k]

Have fun![wave]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#23]
UPDATE:  I am the original poster.  I have since fired a total of 1000 rounds through my BM 20 A2.  NO failures of any sort.  Accuracy was better than M193.  I have 1000 more on order.  Status: Thumbs Up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
UPDATE:  I am the original poster.  I have since fired a total of 1000 rounds through my BM 20 A2.  NO failures of any sort.  Accuracy was better than M193.  I have 1000 more on order.  Status: Thumbs Up.
View Quote

What lot of M193?  Also, is this ammo from MCC sealed or not sealed?  Packaging?

Brass is polished or "military" finish?

Thx!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey Collin,

I'm glad that ammo worked for ya.  Lots of bad press around MCC, but hey, if it worked and shot great, well then there ya go!

If I see a good deal up here on some MCC I might even buy a box of 20 and take it one step at a time.

Glad it worked for ya.  Don't let the others trounce on your parade either, before you know it you'll log on and see 1,000+ posts...then you can start trouncin' on everyone else too!

lol...[beer]

Cheers
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What lot of M193?  Also, is this ammo from MCC sealed or not sealed?  Packaging?

Brass is polished or "military" finish?

Thx!
View Quote

The lot of M193 I referenced is Lot 29, Lake City.  MCC is not sealed, and is packaged in a box similar to those of pistol cartridges.  Each round is inserted in a styrofoam block that has cut outs for the cartridge.  It looks kind of like a .45 ACP box, but is taller, to accomodate the extra length of the round.  The MCC ammo comes in boxes of fifty.  The brass is polished and quite "pretty" by ammo standards.  Hope this info is what you need.  Any more questions?  I'll answer.  One down side of MCC is that it may take awhile to get.  It seems that MCC doesn't do a production run until they have a certain amount on order.  Once that amount is ordered, then it is shipped.  At the risk of sounding like a company shill, I will reiterate that [url]www.ammunitionstore.com[/url] does have excellent customer service, and are the only outlet online that I know of for MCC.  My order is currently backordered, as there order with MCC is.  I can't wait to more.  Give it a try.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top