Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2008 2:51:30 PM EDT
After much reading here, researching, asking questions, getting parts, and then finally just getting the nerve to get started, I added a few items to my RRA 9MM AR. Many thanks to all. AC

First I ramped the Bolt

Then I installed a standard RRA Trigger & Hammer This much improved the trigger pull all by itself.

Then I broke it down and removed the FSB

Then I removed the barrel, coated part of the barrel with Brownells Ultra-Hyde II to protect where it had not been parked under the FSB & installed the YHM Free Float Tube

I also added a SOG vertical grip & YHM end cap while I was at it

Then I modified the RRA hammer for smother operation, installed a Magpul trigger guard, and added KNS pins

I also added Mapul's MOE Grip and Stock

Here is the Upper and Lower together

And assembled

Here it is with an old Aimpoint 5000, Burris rings, and a CProducts Mag - Ready to go

Again, many thanks to all  AC
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great! Mine looks a little different now, but not that much! Nice pics
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Figured out how to mount the Aimpoint with one mount, despite the screws being under the battery holder. Hey JDGray--I wanted to try it out. I am glad I did. I like it. Thanks again for the tip on the rifle.

Link Posted: 9/10/2008 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
what brand is the short mag and where did you get it???
how many rounds does it hold???

Nice gun btw
very similar to mine, I only have a rifle length FF tube on it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#4]
C Products 20 round mag. They have 20 and 32 round mags. The RRA modified UZI mag is 25 rounds and a bit longer than the CProducts 20. Thanks. I intend to shoot it this weekend. I expect to have to adjust the Mag Block a hair to use the CProducts mag. It has been flawless with the modified UZI mag that came with it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#5]
AC, Mines pretty much the same with the addition of a Hogue grip, Troy drop in quad rail, and a MI rear flip sight.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/JDG357/IMG_1765.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/JDG357/IMG_1764.jpg
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool. I like it! It looks real good.

I looked long and hard at that MI handguard, because I like that look, but decided to go with a free float rail just because I thought it would be fun to do. If you are like me, you are wishing you had gotten a 9MM AR a long time ago. AC
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I showed my Wife, after installing the quad rail & sight, and she said "Two hundred and fifty dollars for that?"he
Link Posted: 9/11/2008 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#8]
UPDATE

I originally used the RRA hammer I had instead of the DPMS because it has a better finish on the surface contacting the sear and had a better feel, but when I rounded off the notch of the RRA hammer to smooth things out, the bolt would no longer push the hammer down far enough for the disconnecter to catch it. Not good ! Sooooo.... I took it out, carefully stoned the DPMS hammers working surface, squared off the release edge, which was way out of square, (this also shortened the pull a tiny bit. I took off about .010 to .015) and installed it in my lower. It is actually a nicer trigger now than the stock RRA was. Nice. Probably got lucky. AC

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top