Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2007 8:52:31 AM EDT
Due to the fact I was one of the original "beta" testers for the new injection molded Ciener type magazines, I have continued to maintain communications with Blackdogmachine.  To that end, thought I'd pass along the jest of our lengthy phone conversation on Sunday evening (2/11/07) about current and future projects.

He is currently busy working on many projects due to the fact his current employer is transfering all production to China and his position (and others) will be eliminated in the very near future.  So, needless to say, he is working hard to get his new venture(s) off the ground.

*  Ciener magazines--BDM is currently in the design phase of producing a new full magazine look.  This new design will more closely resemble a standard 30 round magazine vs. the current design of the old Ciener "stick style" mag.  I personally don't mind the current design as it runs flawlessly in my 2 Ciener kits.  

*  M261 magazines--Once again, BDM is designing and producing some protype type versions that will hold 25 rounds and have a similar appearence of a black 30 round magazine.  I don't have any pictures yet, but there is one posted on another thread in this forum.

*  Loader--In process.

*  Other projects--There are several in the works.  

*  Dealer network--I'm not at liberty to say who.  But, you won't be surprised at some of the names.

*  Knob Creek--BDM will be attending the annual Knob Creek show.  He won't have a table...just visiting with us "end user" types.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Link Posted: 2/12/2007 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok here is the pictures of the prototype mags.  Without him posting on here hopefully this thread won't get trashed.

Pictures of other projects:

more pictures coming soon on other projects.....

Link Posted: 2/12/2007 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I got 6 of the smoke ar15 22lr mags today. Look and feel great I was very Impressed. I picked 1 of the 6 mags loaded and shot 2 30 mags with out any problems at all. I will be senting more money for more mags love them. Came with the full auto springs to.   here a pic with my 10.5 pistol
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the update. I can't wait for the fullsize to come out and the loader is another plus.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Being that the ciener mags for the AR and the Mini-14 closely resemble each other, will these also work in the mini with the ciener kit?

tsh77769
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Boy would I love to see a phot of that whole AR. looks like a franknstine.....lol

I bought 6 mags for my 22 Punisher. mags are great...

Slug-O
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#6]
IS that a charging handle operated bolt hold open I spy?!?!

Link Posted: 2/14/2007 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IS that a charging handle operated bolt hold open I spy?!?!

Yes indeed...but it is still in the testing phase/s haven't heard anything more about it.  I'll be sure to keep everybody up-to-date once I receive more intel.
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#8]
WOW, a BHO feature? There goes more of my money. Man we need some updates on this stuff. BDM said he would add me to the mailing list but so far I haven't heard anything. So I guess still in the testing stages.

(BDM while you will never be able to become a millionaire from me........you are burning a hole in my pocket.............hurry up would you?)
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Who is making 25rd mags for the M261 and a web address ? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 6:49:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Read the header LOL

Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read the header LOL

Got it, thanks. got up today and put my ' tard ' hat on. LOL's on me
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Very impressive design.  All 6 of mine run flawlessly.

'nuff said

eta..pics
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#13]
amphibian had posted that he had seen a 22mag dedicated upper by ceiner at the shot show. ar15guy do you know if BDM will make a mag for that?
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 3:35:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Not to hijack the thread, but that's a sweet '16 Mfingar. Running it in .22LR must be fun and a hell of a lot more cost effective.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#15]
damn....you sure take good photos

Slug-O
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread, but that's a sweet '16 Mfingar. Running it in .22LR must be fun and a hell of a lot more cost effective.

Thanks,

It's my new dedicated .22 upper. Yes...it's a ton of fun, nothing like 1000 rounds for under $20. My indoor pistol/rimfire range is open 24/7...so now, I shoot whenever.

It took some judicious grinding and polishing to make it run nearly 100%, now the only issues I have are ammo-related (damn crappy dud-filled bulk packs). I haven't found any ammo it doesn't feed (other than Aguila Super Colibri's)

The BDM mags take magazine problems out of the equation (and they a gentler on my mag well too). They're magic.

This weekend, I mounted one of the 5" stainless .22 barrels that amphibian sells.  All I can say is, VERY nice. Plug and play.  

And I do mean play .
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,

It's my new dedicated .22 upper. Yes...it's a ton of fun, nothing like 1000 rounds for under $20. My indoor pistol/rimfire range is open 24/7...so now, I shoot whenever.

It took some judicious grinding and polishing to make it run nearly 100%, now the only issues I have are ammo-related (damn crappy dud-filled bulk packs). I haven't found any ammo it doesn't feed (other than Aguila Super Colibri's)

The BDM mags take magazine problems out of the equation (and they a gentler on my mag well too). They're magic.

This weekend, I mounted one of the 5" stainless .22 barrels that amphibian sells.  All I can say is, VERY nice. Plug and play.  

And I do mean play .

who is amphibian .....and what does he sell?????
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#18]
OST

I want some, but am not a big fan of the check/money order thing. Can't get him to answer his phone, either.

Oh well. Perhaps a vendor will pick them up and accept CC/paypal.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

He's a member here,

5" Stainless .22 lr barrels for the AR.
Look about half-way down this page  

Another link...

(not intended as a hijack...but good cross-reference link to this thread)
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's a member here,

5" Stainless .22 lr barrels for the AR.
Look about half-way down this page  

Another link...

(not intended as a hijack...but good cross-reference link to this thread)

Thanks....I bought that exact barrel from a guy on the Uzi talk forum....maybe the same guy....works great ......
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#21]
If/When the full mag profile magazines come out, will they be 25 or 30 rounds?

My Ciener kit will be here tomorrow and I am really getting excited to give this whole thing a spin.

I think I would like some regular BDM mags and some true profile mags.

Side Bar Question:

When I put the Ciener kit in, do I have to take out the buffer and spring or can I leave it in?
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If/When the full mag profile magazines come out, will they be 25 or 30 rounds?

My Ciener kit will be here tomorrow and I am really getting excited to give this whole thing a spin.

I think I would like some regular BDM mags and some true profile mags.

Side Bar Question:

When I put the Ciener kit in, do I have to take out the buffer and spring or can I leave it in?

The buffer and spring remain in place.  Just swap bolt assemblies and you're good.

Dan
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's some other accessories from BDM.

45 degree off-set Weaver/Picantinny rail system

Per our conversation Full Size Ciener and M261 still about 4-5 months out.  He have other contracted projects with Eotech an other companies to finish first before he can start on his.  I guess meanwhile the Ciener mags have to do
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Any word on if these work with the bushy 22 uppers?
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Any word on a possible loader for these mags...............
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Very interesting.......I will wait for the full size Ciener mags.

Tell him to keep up the great work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I did this on a couple of my T/E durability mags.  I asked BDM to make them black/smoke.  In retrospect, I'm glad I did.  I get the advantage of having a "black" mag and be able to check for load.  I did it for ID purposes so I couldn't accidently sell these mags.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I just got 4 BDM mags, and 3 of them wouldn't run in FA. I called up kevin @ BDM and he's sending me out 4 of his replacement stronger springs at no charge. Damn good customer service.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I just got 4 BDM mags, and 3 of them wouldn't run in FA. I called up kevin @ BDM and he's sending me out 4 of his replacement stronger springs at no charge. Damn good customer service.

I got two with the heavier springs that wont run in semi..  im disappointed, i was hoping i would be one of the one they ran flawlessly...  If you check another post there are some hints on how to make them more reliable by filing the feed lips a little..

Brian
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#31]
With any of my or customers Ciener kits I ALWAYS polish various parts.  There is a good description here Ciener Polishing Tips

Hopefully, I won't get "spanked" again for providing a link.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:33:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
With any of my or customers Ciener kits I ALWAYS polish various parts.  There is a good description here Ciener Polishing Tips

Hopefully, I won't get "spanked" again for providing a link.

Now tht is a great web sight. Thanks for the link...

Slug-O
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#33]
does anyone know if these mags work or are being made for the BM .22 uppers?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
does anyone know if these mags work or are being made for the BM .22 uppers?

I can't answer that specific question, but if you email me I will provide you Blackdogmachines email and you can ask him yourself.

Sorry about the extra step involved to contact him.  The site staff will NOT allow paid members to provide any info about BDM since he wouldn't pay for a "dealer" membership.  I already got spanked once for providing his email in an earlier post on this thread and it was removed by site staff for "pimping".

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#35]
OT:  I'm liking the concept of that wire stock for a dedicated .22, where can one obtain one of these stocks?  
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
OT:  I'm liking the concept of that wire stock for a dedicated .22, where can one obtain one of these stocks?  

It was custom made by the guy that own that gun

Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Are you talking about the side folder stocks? If so Spike Tatical sells them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2007 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#38]
No new update on any projects as of this month yet.  I'm waiting patiently for the loader and full size mag.
Link Posted: 3/13/2007 1:59:54 AM EDT
[#39]
dupe http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=314532
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top