Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2004 2:55:13 PM EDT
There is a dedicated lower being produced by Olympic that will allow you to use stock and hi-cap Glock mags with your 9mm or .40 cal uppers. They are available as I type this.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics, Price?
Link Posted: 5/22/2004 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Not really dedicated, but they use a special mag block that takes pistol mags.  $50 extra on a new upper, and requires a few small cuts to the upper to fit and retain the magblock lips.  Not sure how much it costs as a standalone.
Link Posted: 5/23/2004 3:03:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I called them in march about ordering the block, and they told me they were developing a dedicated lower that would accept the glock mags without a block.  They said it should be ready by may.  Sounds interesting,  especially if the AWB sunsets,  I might get one.
Link Posted: 5/23/2004 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I think I would rather have the removable block.
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not really dedicated, but they use a special mag block that takes pistol mags.  $50 extra on a new upper, and requires a few small cuts to the upper to fit and retain the magblock lips.  Not sure how much it costs as a standalone.

Actually that is the old style.  They are doing a new style that will take Glock magazines only and have last round open.  Will do .40 & 9mm.  Since you asked: price is $924.  Part # is PCR-40GL and PCR-9GL.

The magwell is made for Glock magazines only, no .223...
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/30/2004 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually that is the old style.  They are doing a new style that will take Glock magazines only and have last round open.  Will do .40 & 9mm.  Since you asked: price is $924.  Part # is PCR-40GL and PCR-9GL.

The magwell is made for Glock magazines only, no .223...

any one have a link or pic????
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#9]
THAT is just awesome, but a hell of a price tag
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's a pic of the Glock mag blocks in the lower. Look at the lower edge of the upper receiver and you'll see the clearance cut for the mag blocks.

Gun w/ Glock mag
Link Posted: 6/2/2004 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Mark, do you have yours in 9mm or .40?  If .40 how does it run?  Any idea on the ROF?  That looks like a cool upper.
Link Posted: 6/2/2004 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Paul, the upper shown is 40S&W. It runs great, but I hardly ever shoot it - it's the only 40S&W anything I own. I don't even have any loaded 40 ammo. I did take it out with a buddy when he took his 40 out so I could steal some ammo. Seemed to run around 600-700 rpm if my memory works.
Link Posted: 6/2/2004 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I used my 40 on some of our m4 lowers and the thing ran faster than anything I've ever seen.  Must have been 1000 rpm +.  The only thing that came close was a seized mac10 in 45 that we had.  It certainly got the attention of everyone on the near by ranges.  We tried 155 grain, 165, and 180.  The 155 was pretty wild.
Link Posted: 6/3/2004 8:13:27 AM EDT
[#14]
What kind of buffer were you guys using?  I run a RRA 9mm two piece buffer, but I only have a 9mm upper right now.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2004 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#15]
It was a standard m4 heavy buffer.  We also had a M16 A1 lower that was set up for the 50 Beowulf.  It had (I believe) an Advanced Armament hydraulic buffer that was a bit more tame.  I bought the AA carbine buffer and a Wolf +10%spring for my own lower after that experience.  The brass would shoot straight out about 15 to 20 feet with the original buffer.  With the heavy buffer, the brass would just  drop out about 3 to 8 feet.  

Truthfully, the 155 grain is tearing apart our weapons.  I'm on my 3rd beretta brigadier in about 6 years.   The first had about 5k rounds.  The second only lasted about 1k rounds before the frame cracked.  My current burrito has about 3500 rounds in it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2004 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Mark, do you have yours in 9mm or .40?  If .40 how does it run?  Any idea on the ROF?  That looks like a cool upper.

I do not have the new style in yet.

I have 9mm, .40S&W, 10mm & .45 ACP and all run very well.

I also have LRM suppressed uppers coming in 9mm and .40S&W and they work very well, when I had them.  (Out to dealers currently).

ROF?  I have not measured it...  I will say that it works very well at knocking down targets.  The handling is fairly smooth and comapres very well to an MP5.  Some say even better.  Of course everyone has an opinion!  :-)
Link Posted: 6/3/2004 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

any one have a link or pic????

They are not out yet.  I would expect them in less than a couple weeks based upon my recent communications.  Of course, things can always change!  :-)

Link Posted: 6/7/2004 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Budam, couple of quick Q's for this new system and/or Oly 9mms in general.
1) Could you do a 9mm upper, 16" barrel, FIRSH almost out to the end, (not sure what length that would be) no FSB?
2) Can 9mm barrels be lightened any, or does the increased bore diameter make that unsound?
3) What is the shortest GLOCK mag that will work in the new lower? G19?  G17?
4) If bought now, but the ban dies in Sept, What would be reqiuired to go with a telestocK?  Can I use the same buffer?

BTW, the FIRSH you sent to KKF for me is living on my truck gun, and does everything asked of it (foregrip, light) at a light weight and good price.  I'm a big fan.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2004 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#19]
1) Could you do a 9mm upper, 16" barrel, FIRSH almost out to the end, (not sure what length that would be) no FSB?

I believe so.  Using FIRSH LCR version that is extra long.

2) Can 9mm barrels be lightened any, or does the increased bore diameter make that unsound?

Probably, but will cost more to turn it down.  Not sure how much without asking.

3) What is the shortest GLOCK mag that will work in the new lower? G19?  G17?

Do not know yet...  They are ALMOST done.  Just a few more minor parts I was told.

4) If bought now, but the ban dies in Sept, What would be reqiuired to go with a telestocK?  Can I use the same buffer?

Install the new stock...  Nothing else required!

>BTW, the FIRSH you sent to KKF for me is living on my truck gun, and does everything asked of it (foregrip, light) at a light weight and good price.  I'm a big fan.  

Glad you enjoy it!  For the money, they are very hard to beat.

LRM has a .40S&W M-169 out now.  I got one and it rocks...  Very nice in full-auto.  Would be a great plate gun for competition, IMHO.  Lee has some very good product!

Take care!
Link Posted: 6/18/2004 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#20]
THANKS.  
I'm in the market when they come out.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2004 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Any news?
Link Posted: 7/15/2004 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I just ordered the new OLY 9MM Glock Magazine rifle today.  They said 2-3 weeks (so double that I am sure).

There is a very nice (for what it is worth) article in the August 04 S.W.A.T. magazine about these rifles.  

I am going for the "it is ready to shoot you have to add nothting" kind of AR 9MM myself.  I have many 15 round glock 19 magazines and www.topglock.com is taking Pre-orders for the high capacity 19 and "18" models right now. (18 is the 31 round glock 19 mag).  The magazines are more the the Stens, Uzi's etc - but they will fit with no dounbt in ALL my 3 glocks and the rifle.

My FFL (Montana) is $795 delivered - No tax for this.  A little higher than a std Oly upper only etc. with mixed mgazines.  But I figured after you buy the block - even with the cheap Sten mags et al - It all really works out to be about the same.

This way - Load the magazine - stick it in the block and go shooting - done deal.  

I will post a range report and pics after I get it if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2004 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Oly has about 20 lowers almost ready to go so if you want one better call real soon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#24]

We just got our first batch in of the Olympic PCR-9GL.  The magazines fit very solidly.  No movement.  Drop free without a problem.  Last round open works very well.  We will be converting one to full-auto for PD testing very soon.

The magazine release uses a teeter-totter piece of steel to the front of the magazine with back portion of metal in standard location for mag release.

The last round open also uses a teeter-totter to the front of the magazine to detect the follower.  When the magazine is empty, it pushes in on the bolt catch release bottom to force it to catch the bolt carrier!

Time to get out the Glock 18 magazines.  I will also try .40S&W to see how it works, but expect no problems.  High capacity Glock magazines for .40S&W are made by Scherer for $50 or so.  29 (or was it 19) rounds if memeory serves me correct.

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm having a heck of a time finding any information on the PCR-9GL.

Bobdaum - are you a retailer?  maybe you could post a link with pics and prices.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm having a heck of a time finding any information on the PCR-9GL.

Bobdaum - are you a retailer?  maybe you could post a link with pics and prices.

Olympic MSRP is $924.00  If you have any further price questions, feel free to contact me via email listed below.

See www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=199747&page=2 and there is a picture there.

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:56:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Do they all have that funky top rail and rear sight?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Do these still use the ejector that is built into the upper ????
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Do they all have that funky top rail and rear sight?

The picture is not clear in my head.  You can get the A2 style or A3 flattop, just like any .223 upper.

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Do these still use the ejector that is built into the upper ????

Yes, they do.

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorry to have yet another question about these things:
I know the upper is slightly different for the Glock lowers, but is everything else standard? I mean can you put any AR stock on it? Any rail system etc?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I know the upper is slightly different for the Glock lowers, but is everything else standard? I mean can you put any AR stock on it? Any rail system etc?

The Glock usable upper just has a little relief.

It will work on BOTH the Olympic Glock magazine style lower and any standard lower.  You could then use the 9mm upper on any of the other Olympic style magazines.

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Yes it is all standard.  Stocks, sights etc.  I am actually going to put the standard hand guards back on it this weekend and put the SIR back on mt RRA m4gery.

This is a standard flat-top.  They come in both the A2 and flat top.

This is the 1st telescoping stock I have owned.  It is great for storage BUT this particular stock is pretty cheesy.  I have a feeling I will be putting a standard A2 stock on this soon.  My kids even shoot it with the stock fully extended now?

to confirm what the last poster said - Yes - I was told this UPPER could be put on any standard lower (.223 etc) and could then be used with a mag block, Uzi, sten mags etc just like the other OLY 9MM uppers.

good luck.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#34]
To see some actual pictures and read a review about the Olympic system usign Glock magazines see www.olyarms.com/pcr30_pcr9gl_review.pdf

mark
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone else think it's strange that a .40 S&W cartridge was shot in the 9mm with no mention of what happened to the bullet?
Link Posted: 11/12/2004 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Anyone else think it's strange that a .40 S&W cartridge was shot in the 9mm with no mention of what happened to the bullet?

I have a feeling a mistatement occurred...

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#37]
tag
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top