Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 7:25:47 AM EDT
So I recieved my CZ upper the other day.  It came in a plain unmarked white box, no paperwork, no warranty info, no nothing.  What do you expect from a Czech company?

Anyway, I like the upper.  It comes with a free float handguard that screws onto the flat-top upper reciever.  There is a front site picatinny setup that was a little hoaky, so I removed this via the allen screw, and it cleaned up the barrel somewhat.  

The magazine it came with was heavy.  Nicely crafted and fit perfectly.  The rounds fed into the mag quickly with no trouble.  I tried my 22lr M261 drop in mag conversion in this upper, but no luck.  The USGI mag wouldn't even fully mount into the mag well.

Shooting the weapon was very fun.  I was using a variety of Aguila ammo:

40 grain match
40 grain subsonic
30 grain hyper velocity

Both 40 grain bullets yieled good minute of squirrel accuracy (1-2" at 30yards). The 30 grain hyper velocity was all over the place with groups as large as 5".  I have no idea what twist barrel this comes in, but with the heavier bullets fairing better than the lighter ones, I am anxious to try the 60 grain Aguila SSS.

Optics used was an Eotech 551.  Testing was conducted without benchrest, just me parked in a field sitting in the seat of my '77 Bronco.  

MG
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the post. I am going to be purchasing one of those in the near future and I appreciate the report.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Aaaahhh, fields, mountains, lovely Colorado!  Oh, and thanks for the range report!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Please try it with some cheap remington thunderbolt.  I have found this most accurate in my conversion 1 in 14 upper.  I get about 1 " groups rested at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is from the days when Victor Arms was importing them, and I have the bbl info;

16.5 in., 6 groove, right hand 1 in 16"

It was initially designed for high velocity 22lr rounds.  I experimented with just about everything I could find, and it likes federal Lightning the best, followed by those little high vels form CCI.

I'm not much of a techno guy.  If someone wants to volunteer to post it here, I'll photocopy the 11 page manual I got with mine and send it to him by snail mail.

Sluggo
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Why do people think an AR only has one side. Where is the cocking handle?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Will it trip the sear in full auto, have an anti bounce system and work with the Ceiner mags?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll post a pic of the other side this afternoon [:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
[b]I'm not much of a techno guy. If someone wants to volunteer to post it here, I'll photocopy the 11 page manual I got with mine and send it to him by snail mail.

Sluggo[/b]

Sluggo, that would be great.  I'll email you my addy.

MG
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Mohabie,
IM me and I'll send you my e-mail.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I got a response from JT  unit is not full auto capable, not aftermarket or high cap mags exist for it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#12]
In response to your post regarding recieving the V22 with no paperwork, I have scanned the V22 (Victor Arms) Operating Manual into a Microsoft Word document (.DOC) file.  It inlcudes the entire manual (less warranty page) with several diagrams, parts list, troubleshooting guide, assembly/disassembly instructions and diagrams, and general information.  I will email it to anyone who wants a copy.
Bubban
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice Bronco:  Wish mine was a ‘66-’77

http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/index.php?vID=1451

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]
DOnt use the Aguilla 60gr SSS.  the shit jams constantly due to the shorter cases!! I tried some Federal Gold Medal match ammo and at 50 yards it will produce a single ragged hole.  I also tried the Federal Lightning and it did ~1.5" - 2" groups at 50 as well.  The Aguilla grouped a little tighter than the Lightning but jams constantly.  I am going to try the box of CCI Green label and box of Eley subsonic target next. But for right now the Gold Medal from Federal is the way to go!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Have the Czechs done something to prevent the rear pin from falling out of the upper? The one I handled would often drop the pin out the side.
View Quote

Yes, the rear pin won't come out unless the upper and lower are apart.

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...I'm thinking I should be required to get one since the mod of "rimfire and pistol calibers" should be knowledgable about it. Think it'd be a write-off?  [;)]
View Quote
Only if AR15.com is paying you.  Then you could claim it's a job-related expense.  But I think you should get one anyway. [:)]  And a new CavArms lower to put it on, so you can test that too.  And an ACOG for it.  And some Level IV armor for when wife finds out. [stick]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top