User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/11/2011 5:55:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
So would it be safe to say it will not work if you have a Magpul BAD?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
For those of you wondering, here's a youtube video of what it is and what it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb6Z1sBvlqI
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I want one, hell, I want a half dozen of them...

Are there any plans to scale this up to .308 AR's?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Not at that price.  I'm in the process of another design that will be about $35 cheaper and you don't have to take off the bolt catch.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Why did you change the design from front of bolt catch to rear of bolt catch?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]
tag for later
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks cool, but I still the the BAD lever is more functional.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Well thought out.  I do like it more in the sense that there is no lever routed through the trigger guard.  Makes for safer operation since you don't need to have your finger anywhere near the trigger when locking the bolt back as you would with the BAD.  Hope this does well for you, good luck you creative son of a gun
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Price is way too high.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#15]
- Deleted by moderator. -
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#16]
the price is fine, lets not forget R&D and his engineering skills, all of which costs lots of money

or thats what ive been told when i called something else overpriced
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Price is firm for now... if you want the solution it is available, if you don't... well just buy something else.

If you have actually used the product please raise your hand??

I've had this thing on my gun for awhile now... and I would personally pay more for it

You haters can get you some discount BAD levers

Kind Regards,

so does it always lock the bolt back when you remove a magazine?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#20]
well that's a bummer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow alot to say about price and everything here. You don't like it, don't buy it  - nice way to crap on a guy's thread.

There appears - to my untrained eyes - more manufacturing steps in this than the other device. I can see why there is a greater cost. Well done on thinking outside the box!! Would love to play with one at some point.

Keep up the good work!

Mark
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Buuuut ... If you have one of those billet receivers with the POF-style ambi bolt release, this device would be the perfect compliment. Hopefully we'll get one that is compatible with most (if not all) billet receivers.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Interested in purchasing. Can you post some pictures of the finished product? Only seen the prototypes so far.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#26]
What is the CONOPS with this device.

From the video I gathered:
1: Pull Bolt to Rear
2: Depress Mag Release
3: Mag Fall Free
4: Let Bolt go while continuing to hold mag release
5: Bolt locked back and ready for a new mag

What happens if you press the mag release hard and then pull the bolt to the rear, any malfunctions or it is any hard to rack the bolt? I realize that on last round of every mag that the bolt catch is pressed against the bottom of the bolt carrier, similar to how your device will cause the bolt catch to ride the bottom of the bold carrier, my concern is that when you are pressing the mag release you are applying a larger amount of force than the mag spring would apply. I highly doubt there will be an issue, just wondering what your thoughts are on this. I also dont thing any considerable wear will be seen, as you would expect to not have to constantly use this device as you designed it, because using it often would mean there is something wrong with your AR, just like the FA, needing to use it all the time is not a good sign.

Lastly, have you seen any issues with upper/lower/bolt carrier combinations that dont allow you to release the magazine when the bolt it locked completely forward, or more importantly, when the bolt is jammed partially closed? Again, I assume you thought all this through, just asking because the videos are a little short.

Cool Idea, nice to see some thinking going on someplace other than the "major" manufactures.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What is the CONOPS with this device.

From the video I gathered:
1: Pull Bolt to Rear
2: Depress Mag Release
3: Mag Fall Free
4: Let Bolt go while continuing to hold mag release
5: Bolt locked back and ready for a new mag

What happens if you press the mag release hard and then pull the bolt to the rear, any malfunctions or it is any hard to rack the bolt? I realize that on last round of every mag that the bolt catch is pressed against the bottom of the bolt carrier, similar to how your device will cause the bolt catch to ride the bottom of the bold carrier, my concern is that when you are pressing the mag release you are applying a larger amount of force than the mag spring would apply. I highly doubt there will be an issue, just wondering what your thoughts are on this. I also dont thing any considerable wear will be seen, as you would expect to not have to constantly use this device as you designed it, because using it often would mean there is something wrong with your AR, just like the FA, needing to use it all the time is not a good sign.

Lastly, have you seen any issues with upper/lower/bolt carrier combinations that dont allow you to release the magazine when the bolt it locked completely forward, or more importantly, when the bolt is jammed partially closed? Again, I assume you thought all this through, just asking because the videos are a little short.

Cool Idea, nice to see some thinking going on someplace other than the "major" manufactures.

I'm on the design side... not the tactical training side... that said....

As of today two units have been shipped to a certain tactical trainer named Kyle... he is testing them in a class next week... he will probilbly be more suited to re-write the manual of arms than I...

if kyle approves these will sell like hot cakes
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Very cool idea!  For those of you who are not on the design or manufacture end of products keep in mind the time, design time, machine time, and materials it took to get to this point!  If you think the price is too much look at the cost of some of the popular parts these days!  The Norgon Ambi-Catch is a prime example.  Great part but a bit pricey!  The great thing is that if you don't feel its worth the money you don't need to purchase it!     Looks like a very innovative product!!  Congrats guys!
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#31]
- Deleted by moderator. -
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Buuuut ... If you have one of those billet receivers with the POF-style ambi bolt release, this device would be the perfect compliment. Hopefully we'll get one that is compatible with most (if not all) billet receivers.

I'm confident the FCD will work for some billet receivers... the problem is learning "which ones" will be trial and error... somebody with both a forged and billet needs to test fit

Alright, I'll bite on one for my POF (when the funds are available). I can always stick it on something else if it doesn't fit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#34]
I have been waiting for these to come out for a while. I for sure will be saving up for one. The price may be a bit steep, but not so steep that it dissuades me from buying it. For me the BAD lever (or whatever it is called) is more of a bandaid fix, but this seems to be a great addition to the rifle that is well worth the price. If they were cheaper I would buy several of them. I am sure that eventually all of my rifles will have one, but for now I have to have at least one. I am not complaining about the price really, I just wish I had more money to buy more of them is all.

Personally, I say thank you for developing this product.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 4:19:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Definitely interested in trying this out. I was just a few days ago discussing with my GF that something like this was missing, as I personally dislike the feel of the BAD sticking out so close to the trigger.

Any plans to accept other payment methods in the future?
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#37]
An interest device. Unfortunately it's incompatibility with the bad lever makes it unusable for me. Is it in any way possible to make the two products compatible?

Would it be possible to get the earlier version that comes in from the front? That would work with the phase 5 bad lever copy since it is all one piece instead of a clamp on.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
An interest device. Unfortunately it's incompatibility with the bad lever makes it unusable for me. Is it in any way possible to make the two products compatible?

Would it be possible to get the earlier version that comes in from the front? That would work with the phase 5 bad lever copy since it is all one piece instead of a clamp on.

This is just my opinion but the BAD lever is just... well... Bad. I would rather use my non-firing hand during the sweeping motion from magazine to fore grip or use my charging handle to drop my bolt rather than have a lever in my trigger housing tho jack with. A gloved hand looks to me that it would just aid in getting in the way. However, this product takes a han transition completely out of the picture during a malfunction, which is an important step in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The voice of the people has been heard, the part is now $59.99

if only i had the money!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Interesting product.  I think I've found the "mag catch" for my next build.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confident the FCD will work for some billet receivers... the problem is learning "which ones" will be trial and error... somebody with both a forged and billet needs to test fit

I have a mega billet ambi lower. Ill risk it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Dan_Gray,

No risk.

Full refund if it doesn't work for your lower...

Kind Regards,

Don't tell him that!!!  If it doesn't work on his, I'm gonna "borrow" it to "try" on my other forged lower.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The voice of the people has been heard, the part is now $59.99

Quit twisting my arm now... You had me at "Hey, I got an idea!"
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is just my opinion but the BAD lever is just... well... Bad. I would rather use my non-firing hand during the sweeping motion from magazine to fore grip or use my charging handle to drop my bolt rather than have a lever in my trigger housing tho jack with. A gloved hand looks to me that it would just aid in getting in the way. However, this product takes a han transition completely out of the picture during a malfunction, which is an important step in my opinion.

The Bad lever makes reloads and clearing faster and smoother for me. That is all that matters. I think most people who bash it don't have one. I shoot often and often shoot with gloves and in odd positions(my local range has weekly training sessions) I've never once had any un intentional contact with the bad lever due to gloves or it's placement in the trigger area. No problems with the lever at all really. You can manipulate the lever through all of its functions without even stickin your finger into the trigger guard since it sticks out, locking the bolt backs requires a bit of pressure from the finger to get it to bend in far enough to engage the tip it the lever, but dropping the bolt is as easy as swiping your finger down the outside of the lower.

Due to the BADs slight disadvantage in locking the bolt back, requiring you to slightly hyperextend your trigger finger, I think combining it with this device would be optimal. I understand that making this device work with the bad lever would be dificult to impossible and maybe compromise the design, which is why I ask about making one work with the phase v lever.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Actually, I've just realized I'm planning to use the arfcom billet lower for my next build anyway and since it allready has the releas built in, i wont need the bad lever, so I'll definitely be hitting you up for one of these before long. Especially at the new price. Keep
Up the good work guys! I look forward to seeing future A Rev Eng products.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Bad lever makes reloads and clearing faster and smoother for me. That is all that matters. I think most people who bash it don't have one. I shoot often and often shoot with gloves and in odd positions(my local range has weekly training sessions) I've never once had any un intentional contact with the bad lever due to gloves or it's placement in the trigger area. No problems with the lever at all really. You can manipulate the lever through all of its functions without even stickin your finger into the trigger guard since it sticks out, locking the bolt backs requires a bit of pressure from the finger to get it to bend in far enough to engage the tip it the lever, but dropping the bolt is as easy as swiping your finger down the outside of the lower.

Due to the BADs slight disadvantage in locking the bolt back, requiring you to slightly hyperextend your trigger finger, I think combining it with this device would be optimal. I understand that making this device work with the bad lever would be dificult to impossible and maybe compromise the design, which is why I ask about making one work with the phase v lever.

You may have me there to an extent. I personally see no issues in using my non firing hand to close the bolt as my hand is already there from inserting a magazine, but if I tried it I may like it. I am not above admitting I do not know it all. I have seen several different variations of this and some look big gnarly and intrusive and some look nice and sleek. If I can get a nice and trim one that would work with this lever then I may just like it a whole lot, but to me the speed in malfunction drills are a priority to me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Now that's a price that will work for me. I'll be ordering one within the week.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top