Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2008 3:50:58 PM EDT
This is new to me I just bought a A2 carry handle upper reciever and the sight assembly came in peices.  I only have pictures of assembled upper receivers and I dont have one to disassemble.  I only have a couple of Flattop uppers with scopes!  If someone can point me in the correct direction it would be great!!!  I assembled it but the sight is VERY hard to flip from short to long range.  It functions perfectly other than that I just need a picture to make sure that the "leaf spring" is oriented in the correct direction...
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This is new to me I just bought a A2 carry handle upper reciever and the sight assembly came in peices.  I only have pictures of assembled upper receivers and I dont have one to disassemble.  I only have a couple of Flattop uppers with scopes!  If someone can point me in the correct direction it would be great!!!  I assembled it but the sight is VERY hard to flip from short to long range.  It functions perfectly other than that I just need a picture to make sure that the "leaf spring" is oriented in the correct direction...

Courtesy of Colt/Brownells

Link Posted: 6/26/2008 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the FAST reply I think from the pic I have the sight leaf spring in properly but I dont see any other way for it to be assembled
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The leaf spring under the rear sight just goes in with the curved part up.  They are hard to flip back and forth some times. I would suggest using some grease on the bottom of the sight.  If that does not improve things you may have to break out some fine sandpaper, put it on a flat surface and smooth the bottom of the rear sight.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
THANKS, I knew it went curved side up, but I knew it wasnt supposed to be that hard to flip.  I'll try the grease and if that doesn't work I guess take it apart and do some polishing.  thanks for the advice.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top