Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2007 5:43:06 PM EDT
When did Colt make the RO633 DOE upper?  There seems to be a few versions of it, so I"M not sure if there was more than one run.  Were they ever sold as complete submachineguns, or were they only upper receiver kits?  I have seen pictures of Colt factory conversion kits that came with the three roll pin type mag well adapter.  The three renditions I have seen have been: 1) Non-folding front sight with shiny hand guards 2) folding front sight, dull finish plastic hand guards 3) folding front sight, dull finish plastic hand guards, no front sling loop.  The last was, so I heard, throw togethers to sell off remaining inventory of parts (both DOE stuff, and to use up the rest of the m231 firing port weapon handguards that the 633 wore).  FWIW I heard the Doe bought about 1500 and CT state police bought about 500...any truth to that last note?

here's a pic of number 1

here's a pic of number 3
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top