Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2006 3:15:16 PM EDT
Okay guys, its about time we listed all the MFG's of new LPK's (and other parts, if you want) that can be used for our retro builds. This mainly has to do with "notchless" selectors. So what are some LPKs around $50-60 that have no notch on the safety? List the ones you know of.

I contacted Del-Ton and they said that their selectors do not have the notch. LPK price is $55 but UPS shipping's gonna be around $10.
Link Posted: 11/18/2006 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Good idea for a thread.

I was just going to weld and grind an A2 type LPK.

Glad to hear Del-Ton's kits come without the notch.

Link Posted: 11/18/2006 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Good idea for a thread.

I was just going to weld and grind an A2 type LPK.

Glad to hear Del-Ton's kits come without the notch.

Thats what they told me a while ago. Not sure if that still goes though. Gonna get one, most likely, after I get my SP1 lower and I'll let you guys know (unless anyone has gotten one recently?)
Link Posted: 11/18/2006 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
i have always heard that DPMS had notchless selectors but when i emailed steve he said they had notches.  luckily i had a stash of colt one that i centerdrilled up

edited for spelling
Link Posted: 11/18/2006 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i have always herd that DPMS had notchless selectore but when i emailed steve he said they had notches.  luckally i had a stash of colt one that i centerdrilled up

Well you just suck

And yeah, I thought the same but I asked around and FINALLY got an answer that they were notched Awesome price on those too. But it's a waste to spend an extra $10 on a selector.
Link Posted: 11/18/2006 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been wondering why nobody with a shop has purchased a bunch pf selectors and welded and ground or just ground them down to notchless selectors.

They would most certainly sell, particularly with the increased interest in retro ARs.

Link Posted: 11/18/2006 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
the part that sucks is the bag of notchless selectors that i have that have broken carbide centerdrill tips in them.  they dont come out either.  for every couple i center drill one always breaks.  the drill is $20 but has 2 sides and the loss of the selector.

here is my jig to drill the selectors.

Link Posted: 11/18/2006 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I used the BM kit in mine and was able to just grind the end down till the notch was gone. It wasnt very deep to start with so I didnt have to weld on it.

Cool jig machinehead
Link Posted: 11/18/2006 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#8]
its a crap shoot on some of the selectors.  i have had some that are just a little line etched in them and some that are cut into it with a tool.  some machines smooth and some looks like a belt sander.  some stick out of the receiver enough to grind or sand down.  a little cold blue and your golden.  The colt ones i had were nicely finished so i didnt have to face them to drill.  i got in some from a guy to drill and they were ground finished.  i had to face them to start off with.  i broke a centerdrill in one of his so i had to fess up one of my colt ones to replace it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2006 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
By "notchless" are you refering to the right hand side of the selector?  Sorry, I'm clueless on some things.
Link Posted: 11/18/2006 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
By "notchless" are you refering to the right hand side of the selector?  Sorry, I'm clueless on some things.

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/18/2006 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#11]
In that case the last  3 I got from Model "1" Sales did not have notches.   Got them all in the last 2 wks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 3:44:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
In that case the last  3 I got from Model "1" Sales did not have notches.   Got them all in the last 2 wks.

How good quality are their lower parts though? I've heard bad things about them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#13]
The older DPMS lpk's in the sealed bag don't have the mark.
Some of them can still be found on GB.

Elvis
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Elvis

You mean the ones that arent in the display package thing? Like the one in the first pic of this auction?
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Elvis

You mean the ones that arent in the display package thing? Like the one in the first pic of this auction?

I have one of those kits in front of me and it does have the mark although it is very light.  I spoke with Dustin at DPMS and all of the current production kits and current inventory selectors have the line.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Every Colt semi auto kit I've ever bought has NO notch in the selector
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Every Colt semi auto kit I've ever bought has NO notch in the selector

+1 on that.  SAW's price is $25.00 just for the selector.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Elvis

I have one of those kits in front of me and it does have the mark although it is very light.  I spoke with Dustin at DPMS and all of the current production kits and current inventory selectors have the line.

How hard do you think it'd be to grind it smooth with a dremel?
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Elvis

The last one I got was in the bag, no slash mark. (about six months ago)
Maybe they started the slash mark before they went to the blister pac.

Elvis
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How good quality are their lower parts though? I've heard bad things about them.

Only probs I've ever had were the rear take down pin detent, and safety detents.  Sometimes they are a little oversized.  I just keep a box full of DPMS detents on hand, super cheap through the MidwayUSA dealer catalog.  You'll need a C&R FFL to get on the dealer homepage though.  Midway also has the A1 stock upper screws, though out of stock at this time, supposed to be getting more 11/28, I have 10 on backorder.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I have built with a DPMS lpk, has the notch
I have built with 1 Stag lpk, no notch
I have built with 1 RRA lpk, has the notch
I have a Stag lpk still in the bag, no notch

YMMV  

Mike

Link Posted: 11/19/2006 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

YMMV  

Mike

Well it looks like for $9.00 Stag may be the way to go for selectors.
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV  

Mike

Well it looks like for $9.00 Stag may be the way to go for selectors.

Yeah, but what about shipping?
Link Posted: 12/9/2006 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone know who makes Sarco's LPKs? They're only $44. May be worth a try. Also noticed they have Colt selectors (original ones) for $10.
Link Posted: 12/9/2006 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Olympic Arms LPk selectors have no markings (at least the one's I have)
Link Posted: 12/9/2006 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#26]
the Stag selectors that i have are all notched with a deep cut..
Link Posted: 12/9/2006 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Does anyone know who makes Sarco's LPKs? They're only $44. May be worth a try. Also noticed they have Colt selectors (original ones) for $10.

these LPKs very greatly and are generally junk!!  ..most, if not all, will have out-of-spec parts of some sort or another and some parts will be used.  

as for the selectors, they have no notches as they are modified m16 selectors
Link Posted: 12/9/2006 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
the Stag selectors that i have are all notched with a deep cut..

My Stag kits had no notches on the selectors.
Must be a crap shoot on what you get

Mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought two Stag kits this past spring and two Stag kits the prior spring. All of mine had notch safteys.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I've purchased three Stag LPK's in the past six months and they all had notched selectors.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Edited - Oooooooooh I see said the blind man.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top