Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2011 7:48:16 AM EDT
Just saw this on Ebay and wondered if any of our members tried this? Looks pretty nice for the price they are asking.
Here is the spec:
THIS IS A TWO PEICE CARBINE LENGTH QUAD RAIL
Constructed Out of T7A Aluminum with a Triple Hard Coat Anodized Bead Blast Finish
Laser T-marked for all your picatinny rail accessories
Supposedly fits some piston uppers

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
looks like a rip off of the DD EZ CAR.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the MI 2 piece gen 2's, they are well known, most pistons fit under them and the price is right.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I just ordered it today, so hopefully I will have it by Friday or Saturday. I also have a Primary Arms M3 ordered. Hopefully,if everything works out right, both will arrive the same day. Then it's off to the range
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Curious to see how you like it, be sure to post some pics and a review if you have time
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Curious to see how you like it, be sure to post some pics and a review if you have time

Will do Bammer

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I noticed those out on THE WEB also.  They look a little less chunky than some of the other low end rails.  Do they list a weight on listing you bought from?
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I received the rail today and installed it on my AR. I was really suprised as to how easy to install it was, it mounts just like the DD EZ Car quads.The rear end most part of the quad halves have a cut out where the Barrel nut fits into, then it is simply tightening up 4 hex bolts to press it tight up against the barrel nut.Once I tightened down the 4 hex's, I could not wiggle the quad from side to side.There was no weight listed on the ad on Ebay but I can definately tell you it is much lighter and slimmer  then the UTG, I do not have a scale so I can not give you guys ax exact weight.The one thing I  noticed is that the top rail of the quad did sit even with the height of the rail on the upper,but there was a slight gap between the two rails so it DOESN'T give it the monolithic look because of this gap. Maybe I did not seat the barrel nut fully into the recess of the upper half of the quad rail. I'm gonna try to remove and reinstall tomorrow to see if I can get a better fit between both the top rails.Even if the gap still remains, I am very pleased with this rail. My M3 and rail mounted bipod mounts nicely to the rails and have no wiggle. Over all finish is very nice, the rail markings are clean and nicely done. The quad did not come with rail covers, but for the price paid, I did not expect them. I will post pics hopefully tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Here are some pics

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't even notice the tightening feature.  Definitely a  DD esque copy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I am LAZY.

Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Here you go with the link Ebay quad
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Just ordered one last night after reading this post.

Perfect for a low cost build.

G.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I got mine today.  It looks very nice and fitment is very tight. No need for the set screws.

But...of course there's a but!!!

It doesn't sit square because of the way it sits in the delta ring.  It might need at little sanding on the edge. And line up is not that good if you are picky.  When I tried to put my m68cco across both rails to try and cover the gap and the dot went totally off at only about 15 yrds. It can probably be shimmed, but why go through all that.  See the pic with the red box.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3631/lmt1l.jpg http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8263/lmt3mark.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3876/lmt2d.jpg http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/6895/lmt4.jpg

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 12:12:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Rail looks nice but super wide.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#17]
@E81, mine doesn't have that problem like yours does in the red boxed pic. It's even with all aspects of the upper receiver rail , you can see that it is even in my poor, no macro on camera pictures.. You may want to make sure that the grove in the inside of the rails are aligned with the barrel nut and also make sure their is no cant on it because on the top of rail picture you posted it doesn't look centered and looks canted,Also how does the other side look?
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#18]
If the quad rails are centered, you may want to try using the locking screws and if that doesn't fix it, contact the seller on Ebay before you start sanding it down.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If the quad rails are centered, you may want to try using the locking screws and if that doesn't fix it, contact the seller on Ebay before you start sanding it down.

I thought about using the screws to center them last night...I'll try when I get home today. In my bottom left pic, you can also see that the width of the rail doesn't match the the upper. It's a little short.

don't get me wrong, for the amount paid I still think its a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine arrived today.

Seems very well made for the low price.
Can't tell you how it fits as I won't assemble my next rifle for another month.

G.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#21]
i've been using a utg for a couple yrs but i would like something thinner and not as heavy. Might have to check this one out. Anyone else have issues with canting?
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine is centered and even with the rail on the upper in every aspect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top