Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2011 5:28:06 PM EDT
What is the best monetary value going in a 20 inch flat top upper for hunting with a scope?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
BCM $399 . Others will suggest lesser quality and say BCM is for tacticool mall ninjas but it's all B.S. BCM makes one of the best uppers for the money.
Not all uppers are equal and not all metals are equal. Research and read opinions from proffesionals who test these rifles.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Midway has DPMS on sale for $425 complete.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
BCM $399 . Others will suggest lesser quality and say BCM is for tacticool mall ninjas but it's all B.S. BCM makes one of the best uppers for the money.
Not all uppers are equal and not all metals are equal. Research and read opinions from proffesionals who test these rifles.

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Midway has DPMS on sale for $425 complete.

Thanks

I see folks hunting with ar type rifles on TV and they mostly use flat top guns
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#5]
i think i'd look at the PSA for $409, and it comes with a BCG,and charge handle. i don't know if these have the FN barrel or not..they look good on paper.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i think i'd look at the PSA for $409, and it comes with a BCG,and charge handle. i don't know if these have the FN barrel or not..they look good on paper.

This would be my suggestion as well. They can put a low pro gas block on it for you if that is what you want. You just have to call and ask.

ETA: Plus, like 90% of their own uppers, BCM  is out of stock on the 20" uppers.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:14:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I went PSA over BCM for the option of Low-Pro Gas-Block.. just clearly put it in the notes you want to substitute the standard FSB/gas block for a low-pro and they will.. I also noted to leave the flashhider off or loose, and they did.. (had to install a Brake for NJ shooting and didn't feel like fighting to get it off)..   both for FREE..

BCM said they will not do it.. everything is pre-assembled they said..

got my PSA upper in 7 days.. as stated on there page..

granted this is a 16".. and I have yet to upgrade to longer rail.. but at least I can without all the drama with the Std FSB removal..

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:41:30 AM EDT
[#8]
The Palmetto 20" upper has a lot of promise. If they were around 6 months ago I would have gone for them. But a few months ago when I went to a flat top upper, the only really good deal I could find was a Del-Ton 20" it is 1/9 and non-chrome lined but the real selling point was that it came with a charing handle, M16 BCG with excellent staking and an HPT/MPI bolt. I thought that was a good deal given the options.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#9]
What is a low- pro gas block?

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I stopped by PSA yesterday; no 20" uppers in stock.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered the one from PSA a few days ago.  Next, I am going to have ADCO turn it into an ultra-lite.  Looks like I got my order in just in time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Still shows they have 4 available.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#13]
BCM or PSA.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Hard to beat PSA since their prices include the BCG with specs similar to BCM.  They also offer hammer forged or stainless steel barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top