Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Notice the standard indexing post (what is the official name?) ground down.

Link Posted: 11/9/2010 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
nice
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  Anyone else planning a conversion of a Noveske or any other barrel?
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd really like to do an N4!! I wanna hear more about reliability first tho...
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine has been 100% reliable.  However mine is a one of a kind made by Noveske straight from a barrel blank to fit into an MRP.  they had a little issue at first with the gas tube bouncing but got that fixed before I ever took possestion of it.  and she now runs like a champ 20" SS barrel on an MRP.
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KG mauserman:
Mine has been 100% reliable.  However mine is a one of a kind made by Noveske straight from a barrel blank to fit into an MRP.  they had a little issue at first with the gas tube bouncing but got that fixed before I ever took possestion of it.  and she now runs like a champ 20" SS barrel on an MRP.

That's the road I wanna go down can I call noveske and have them do me up an N4 for the MRP?
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 5:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered an MRP piston upper.  I'm hoping LMT will offer an 18" 6.8 for it soon.  If not, what about modifying a DI barrell for a piston setup?  Difficult? Doable?

edit:  LMT just responded that they will not be making any match grade barrels in the piston setup.  

I would need to get a new BCG anyway right?  I could switch to DI for the 6.8.

I'm learnin'
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By KG mauserman:

That's the road I wanna go down can I call noveske and have them do me up an N4 for the MRP?

This isn't something that they offer normally but you could call and see if they would do it.  The worst they could say is no.  I have a friend down there and he did all the work for me so thats how I got mine.  I tried talking talking my buddy into adding this to their catalog but he didnt thing there would be enough demand.  It would be kind of cool if a bunch of people called asking for mrp barrels and proved me right!
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Just fyi... DBMG does LMT MWS conversions now.   Below is my Noveske 20" 6.5 Creedmoor with rifle length gas (now 19.5 with thread removal / re-crown).  Forgive the crappy phone pics.  I got advise to get a complete AR10 BCG to match up with this Noveske chamber.  I am still considering but seems a good idea.  The Noveske is 1.5" longer than the 16" CL with BABC.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2010 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks great!!!!!!!!! cant wait to hear how it shoots, oh I mean cant hear it shoot!

Thanks!  Will finally have a chance this weekend.  Apparently the new standard is 300 Blackout... still waiting to hear from Noveske if any modification / reaming might be needed or if this chamber is good to go with 300BLK commercial ammo available in Dec/Jan.  Will probably order 300 Blackout dies for reloading.

According to Todd at Noveske you may be good to go...link.  You should take a look at the DeGroat Tactical Mk 12 RECON silencer.  It is setup for 300 whisper and James said it was good to go with the 300 Blackout.  I believe it can only handle the subsonic round since it is designed off his pistol cans.  I have a couple of his 9mm cans and they are very well made and perform great.

Keep us updated on your setup.  I will be nice once we can start seeing factory ammo and then what kinds of hand loads folks are making.

Jason

Had a blast with the the 300FB/BLK this weekend (Noveske confirmed that my barrel is within Blackout spec).  Loaded up subsonic loads of pulled 175s over 8 grains of AA#9 and shot through my Nexus III 45 pistol can.  I didn't bother shooting for groups but pounded a 12" square AR500 steel "gong" at 50 yards.  All rounds cycled perfectly through 2 pmags.  Now I just need to load up a bunch more.  

ETA:  Forgot to mention that after I burned through my 300BLK ammo I pulled the barrel and carbine buffer and put in the 12" piston group and H buffer and ran through another 120 flawless rounds of brown bear (over 1k running dirty Russian steel cased ammo without cleaning barrel or chamber).  MRP/MWS rock.  

And for all you non re-loaders 300BLK factory ammo is beginning to flow:

Link Posted: 12/21/2010 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Any other MRP guys doing a 300BLK or perhaps Noveske 6.8?
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 4:15:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I will probably go for a 300BLK barrel sometime next year.  I'm really interested to see what comes from the Shot Show.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 6:18:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will probably go for a 300BLK barrel sometime next year.  I'm really interested to see what comes from the Shot Show.

What length and gas are you thinking about?  I'm thinking about another 300BLK to reserve my SS Noveske 10.5" for subs... perhaps a lined 14.5".
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What length and gas are you thinking about?  I'm thinking about another 300BLK to reserve my SS Noveske 10.5" for subs... perhaps a lined 14.5".

I'm not sure yet.  I am curious to see if LMT is monitoring the 300BLK chatter and if they will have anything to say about during the Shot Show.
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure yet.  I am curious to see if LMT is monitoring the 300BLK chatter and if they will have anything to say about during the Shot Show.

I doubt LMT has too many new barrels planned for the MRP line...  They never seemed to embrace the versatility of their own product.  But I would love to see them with a 300BLK barrel...

Spooky
Link Posted: 12/22/2010 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just fyi... DBMG does LMT MWS conversions now.   Below is my Noveske 20" 6.5 Creedmoor with rifle length gas (now 19.5 with thread removal / re-crown).  Forgive the crappy phone pics.  I got advise to get a complete AR10 BCG to match up with this Noveske chamber.  I am still considering but seems a good idea.  The Noveske is 1.5" longer than the 16" CL with BABC.  

Now that is HOT!!

I can see a LMT MWS in .260 Rem in the future.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This means GREAT THINGS for the 6.8 crowd.  Now you can put a SPC II chambered barrel in your MRP.  
LMT makes their 6.8 barrels with an out of date chamber and out of date twist rate.  Now you can put
a White Oak, Noveske or any other 6.8 SPC II chambered and properly twisted barrel in your MRP.

HUGE NEWS for anyone with an MRP who wants to move on to better things than LMT offers.

+1
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Better pic that includes my two Noveskes converted by DBMG

LMT MRP/MWS Variants (10.5" Noveske 300BLK, 14.5" LMT 6.8, 20" Noveske 6.5 Creedmoor)
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Lets see more conversions!  How about a MRP in 6.8 with current specs?  I have too many barrels at this point but I'm tempted by a 16" Noveske 6.8 with a factory pinned mid gas switch block.

Here is the Noveske 300BLK at 50 yards on steel with subsonic 175s and a 45 Nexus III pistol can.  Link.
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Decided on another conversion for the amazing MRP.  Ordered dies for a 6.5 PCC and still thinking about the barrel... probably an 18" mid gas (Black Hole Weaponry poly) with a Noveske switch block.  Will put on a AAC mount for a 762-SDN-6 that is on order.  Went with 6.5 PCC given that I can use 556 brass, bolts, and mags and already have 6.5 projectiles for my 6.5 Creedmoor.

I'm going to be able to shoot an entirely new wildcat caliber with fully compatible components already in my line up for the cost of a barrel and dies for $400 and conversion for $150.

I think a high BC 120 grain at 2400fps will make a nice intermediate gun.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top