Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2006 9:44:16 AM EDT
I talked to a rep from Bushmaster and he said they had one at the show.  I tried finding some info about it but came up dry.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 6/9/2006 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
The Bushmaster pison rifle was at the show. It was a POF piston and POF preditor rail system on a Bushmaster carbon AR15. By the way, Bushmaster also showed off their new large calibur AR at the show. It shoots a .45 Bushmaster cartrage. The bullets that they had on display at the show were made by Hornady.
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Carbon15 No thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Carbon15 No thanks!!

You got something against JUNK?

Link Posted: 6/9/2006 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Bushmaster pison rifle was at the show. It was a POF piston and POF preditor rail system on a Bushmaster carbon AR15. By the way, Bushmaster also showed off their new large calibur AR at the show. It shoots a .45 Bushmaster cartrage. The bullets that they had on display at the show were made by Hornady.

And to think I was bashed at one point for suggesting the Bushy piston would just be a rebranded POF.
Link Posted: 6/9/2006 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And to think I was bashed at one point for suggesting the Bushy piston would just be a rebranded POF.

Hell which one isn't a rebranded POF?
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell which one isn't a rebranded POF?

Good.  That means that POF is doing well and so they can finally get to my 6.5 Grendel upper!
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#7]
They're going to have to make a smaller rail on them.  That is the number one complaint, the bulkiness of the Predator rail.  If not, Colt or Leitner-Wise will take over the piston market.

TS
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 6:05:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/11/2006 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They're going to have to make a smaller rail on them.  That is the number one complaint, the bulkiness of the Predator rail.  If not, Colt or Leitner-Wise will take over the piston market.

TS

DD is working on a rail for them, and if anyone knows light weight or slim rails, its Daniel Defense.

True.  I was holding that back so DD wouldn't get swamped with questons, requests,etc.  

TS
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn, this news is disapointing.  I was hoping for a unique design.  Why would they put it on a carbon upper?

I'm sure the price will be about the same as POF (aka out of my budget).

Link Posted: 6/17/2006 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Did they say they would ONLY do it on the Carbon upper?  I didn't notice it at the Bushmaster booth but I didn't waste my time with the Carbon guns.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I imagine they'll do it on a bunch of different models, but they realy want to push the carbon fiber.

It'd be funny if they only did carbon, then discontinued it for lack of sales, thinking no one wanted a gas piston setup...

:)
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

DD is working on a rail for them, and if anyone knows light weight or slim rails, its Daniel Defense.

In addition, POF is now producing a slim line version of their Predator rail system. There are also pictures of a Troy MRF sitting on a POF upper floating around too.

I'm glad to see the POF system taking off. It makes me alot more confident about a possible future purchase.
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Did they say they would ONLY do it on the Carbon upper?  I didn't notice it at the Bushmaster booth but I didn't waste my time with the Carbon guns.

The upper would be a POF aluminum and steel upper.  It may be mated to a Carbon 15 lower, but the upper won't be plastic.

Quoted:
In addition, POF is now producing a slim line version of their Predator rail system. There are also pictures of a Troy MRF sitting on a POF upper floating around too.

I'm glad to see the POF system taking off. It makes me alot more confident about a possible future purchase.

The Troy can be made to fit, but you'll have to modify your own for it to fit around the "gas block".

Link Posted: 6/22/2006 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Can't seem to find any more info on the .45 Bushmaster big bore....whats the skinny anybody got more
info...

tia
Link Posted: 6/24/2006 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#17]
And while we're at it, what the hell is it with Bushmaster and those damn 'carbon' receivers anyways?  Seems to be quite popular with the hi-point/cheap red dot/$15 laser crowd around here for some reason.
Link Posted: 6/24/2006 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

True.  I was holding that back so DD wouldn't get swamped with questons, requests,etc.  

TS

If this is true, it's great news.  I've never undrstood why POF didn't partner with a major rail maker sooner--surely their market research must have told them that the only thing holding them back is the ability to mount a quality free-float forend from one of the major makers on their piston uppers?  Hell, there's been at least one "why won't a POF upper fit my (insert favorite brand of forend here)  forend" post on ARFcom almost every week for months...

YMMV.

Will
Link Posted: 6/24/2006 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

TS

If this is true, it's great news.  I've never undrstood why POF didn't partner with a major rail maker sooner--surely their market research must have told them that the only thing holding them back is the ability to mount a quality free-float forend from one of the major makers on their piston uppers?  Hell, there's been at least one "why won't a POF upper fit my (insert favorite brand of forend here)  forend" post on ARFcom almost every week for months...

YMMV.

Will

It is very true.  Word from the man himself.  As for people asking about other rails, check the  Keep us posted on this configuration thread in their industry forum.

TS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top