Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 11:18:58 AM EDT
I am interested in picking up a Vltor stock, and thought that I had read that they were now available in the slightly darker flat earth brown vs. the lighter tan that they used to be. Most sellers still refer to them as tan, and I wanted to make sure if the current offerings are actually dark earth brown.

Sorry for being so fashion conscious... I just want them to match my shoes...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
If it has the newer contoured battery compartments it will be FDE.  Vltor made both changes at the same time.  I seriously doubt there are any dealers on this board that still have the old style in stock.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Vltor's new FDE stocks matches TangoDown's FDE color and also Magpul is going to match them soon.

Currently Magpul's coyote brown is slightly darker and doesn't match the other companies FDE.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Vltor's new FDE stocks matches TangoDown's FDE color and also Magpul is going to match them soon.

Currently Magpul's coyote brown is slightly darker and doesn't match the other companies FDE.

I prefer the darker brown by Magpul...

TS
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Old "Tan" VLTOR:

New "Flat Dark Earth" VLTOR:

As you can see, I too like stuff that matches.

I sold all my old "Tan" stuff; that is what the EE is for.

Next: I have to sell all my old Green stuff once the new "Foliage Green" starts to come in.

Keeps life interesting!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#5]
93.7 FM, Rock on!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
93.7 FM, Rock on!

Indeed!

You can see that FDE is much Grayer than the old Tan color. In the top pic the VLTOR and TD foregrip and rail covers are Tan, while the handguard, pistol grip and buttstock are FDE. All the stuff in the second pic is FDE. The apparent color differences in the two pics are due to different lighting.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
When is that new "Foliage Green" supposed to be released? I've got a Vltor/Tango Down setup ready to go on one of my middys in their older green. That original green matched the KAC green to a tee but I sold my KAC parts for TD!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When is that new "Foliage Green" supposed to be released? I've got a Vltor/Tango Down setup ready to go on one of my middys in their older green. That original green matched the KAC green to a tee but I sold my KAC parts for TD!

I don't know, but I'd like to see a side by side comparison pic of the green like the one above of the tan/FDE.

TS
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe the new green is supposed to be closer to "Ranger Green" which is darker than the current offering but not as dark as OD. Just a speculation, so don't quote me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Old "Tan" VLTOR:

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/colors.jpg

New "Flat Dark Earth" VLTOR:

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/fde1.jpg

As you can see, I too like stuff that matches.

I sold all my old "Tan" stuff; that is what the EE is for.

Next: I have to sell all my old Green stuff once the new "Foliage Green" starts to come in.

Keeps life interesting!

Thanks for the pics! Thats just what I was looking for!

Dave
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Maybe the new green is supposed to be closer to "Ranger Green" which is darker than the current offering but not as dark as OD. Just a speculation, so don't quote me.

Speculate no longer. The TD pistol grip on this AR (not mine) is the new Foliage Green color. The other stuff is the old OD Green.

All my "old, obsolete" green stuff will soon be on EE
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#13]
That looks like a match to my Vltor stock.  I'll have to check my box and see what it says.  I may can post a picture as all the rest of my gear is OD green, which I like.

TS

ETA: The box just says green.  Now I need to post a pic...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speculate no longer. The TD pistol grip on this AR (not mine) is the new Foliage Green color. The other stuff is the old OD Green.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/AyeGuy/rangergreen.jpg

All my "old, obsolete" green stuff will soon be on EE

Hopefully, TD will put the new color on all their packaging like they did with the Tan & FDE. The older tan is marked "Tan" & the new stuff is "FDE". Vltor should take note of this!
I didn't realize that the original Vltor/TD green was called OD by both of them. I was comparing their green to the Magpul & CavArms' OD which is darker in my above quote. That Foliage Green looks to be more grey like the FDE stuff is.

Jeff from Tango Down..We need your input & information here!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Can anyone tell if TigerStripe's VLTOR is the old green or the new Foliage? He said he got it a few months ago; I did not think it had been out that long.
It looks a lot different than mine.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Looking at the contrast between the OD buttpad & stock, it appears to be the older green. I've got the same setup & mine looks like that. Hell, my Vltor has each of the caps attached with a plastic teather that goes under the stock between the battery tubes! How old is that??
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't think mine is OD.  I got mine about two months ago and the dealer I got it from had just "finally got some damn green in."  However, it may be the old OD...

TS
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#18]
What we need is for one of our plugged in dealers like Denny, Grant, Jason, Paul or Wes with a healthy supply of their own toys to pull some new inventory & compare it to theirs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Speaking of plugged in dealers...I just got off of Grants' sight & he's got the Foliage green color listed on the Tango Down page. Outstanding!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#21]
That's the money shot! Did Eric say if they would be marking the boxes with the new color? I know that would save the dealers a LOT of headaches. I guess I've got a new build in the works now...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Call to dealers!!! Who has the new Foliage green in a clubfoot version stock only?? All the dealers that I've contacted don't have it! All help & advice is greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#24]
They prolly want to sell off all the OD stuff first.

But I want a Foliage VLTOR two. Two of them in fact.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess that I'll have to go right to the source!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I got this Pic from Eric @ Vltor.

www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/VltorFoliageGreen.jpg
Tangodown’s Foliage green is identical to the Vltor’s Foliage Green.

Which one is FG and which one is OD?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got this Pic from Eric @ Vltor.

www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/VltorFoliageGreen.jpg
Tangodown’s Foliage green is identical to the Vltor’s Foliage Green.

Which one is FG and which one is OD?

Thanks!

FG on the left, OD on the right...

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top