Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 11:59:16 AM EDT
I'd like to install a Larue Tactical FF handguard on my Bushy M4, but have encountered a little problem with the 'how' because of the permanently affixed Izzy suppressor.  

So far I've thought of:  

1) having a local gunsmith remove the Izzy, install LT handguard, and then reinstall an Izzy or phantom FS.

2) cutting off the front sight assembly, installing the FF handguard system, and installing a bolt on front sight/gas block.

3) Going with the YHM 2-piece railed handguard (don't really want to do this)

4) changing the barrell (Mark Larue's suggestion.  Was he joking?).

Help!  Suggestions gladly accepted
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate to say it. But your post reads like an FAQ of options for installing a FF on a barrel with a Perm FH.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hate to say it. But your post reads like an FAQ of options for installing a FF on a barrel with a Perm FH.

Glad you said it...is there one posted here titled as you wrote it?  Being new here I'm a little disoriented.  Any point (or kick in the rear) in the right direction is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad you said it...is there one posted here titled as you wrote it?  Being new here I'm a little disoriented.  Any point (or kick in the rear) in the right direction is appreciated.

I think that he is saying that those are about the only options available (the ones you listed). I cannot think of anymore.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#4]
You could of course use a Troy instead of the LaRue and still have it free-float but not have to more the FSB or FS.

Otherwise I'd say go Option #1.  Toss the crappy Izzy (it will be banged up from the removal anyway) and replace it with the better Phantom or Vortex.

Also I wouldn't trust this type of work to just anybody.  Send the upper off to www.AR15barrels.com or www.AdcoFirearms.com to get the work done.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the suggestions and feedback guys.  

I looked at ar15barrels.com and sent Randall and e-mail for a quote.  Has anyone here had him (or them?) perform work on their AR?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:05:10 AM EDT
[#6]
adcofirearms could install it for you if you want.

the izzy flash hider is one of the worst ones out there and dont really work as intended. when you remove a permanently attatched muzzle device it is usually destroyed in the process so upgrade while you are at it.

my vote:

samson/troy so you dont have to fool with the fsb or muzzle device or get rid of the izzy
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:03:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I looked at ar15barrels.com and sent Randall and e-mail for a quote.  Has anyone here had him (or them?) perform work on their AR?

I wouldn't have recommended him if I hadn't used him.

Randall does great work.  Matter of fact I just got anothr barrel back from him with a Vortex installed (that makes 3 of my barrels he's worked on and built one completely for me).  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:05:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Forest, thanks for the recommendation.  My LaRue is on order and I'm set to have Randall perform the work.  Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top