Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 9:05:59 AM EDT
I was wonder if any of you guys have any opinions/experience with the Doublestar-15.  Any advice would be helpful.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was wonder if any of you guys have any opinions/experience with the Doublestar-15.  Any advice would be helpful.

they are a industry partner here in the site, so you can get ahold of them in the Industry tab.

I have had my complete doublestar build for the last 1.5 years. wilson 1:9 twist chrome barrels (i believe that is still the standard setup), fit and finish on mine has always been comparable to the 'big names'

its a great project, to save money, learn, and have fun with if you buy one of their builds.

I have about 7000? rounds through mine, not one problem (except when I screwed with the FSB myself, that was my fault)

will not be disappointed custom05
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw some civilian security types in Iraq using them. They liked the carbines.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one.  

It surprised me.  Fit and finish is top notch.  The only gig I have is the engraving on the lower which should probably be stamped and not engraved (you can see the engraver marks.)< like one of those vibrating needle type deals.  

The accessories were thrown on for a picture a while back, I don't have anything but the grip and a KAC 300m backup on it now.  

I installed the FF RAS
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
seem okay!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I don't have one of thier complete rifles, but I do have one of their receivers.

The logo appears to be roll stamped.  The logos are not consistent from receiver to receiver like they would be if they were engraved or pantographed.

That being said, the overall quality of the lower appears to be nice.  I'd easily put it up there with Lauer, DSA, etc...

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not trying to be picky, I just had to compare to quality parts AKA CMT- the comparison is pretty positive but leaves room for improvement in that one small non-essential category.

Barrel engravings are similarly screwed up.  <Otherwise it may as well be a bushmaster rifle with a non-canted sight post.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]
double star makes nice lowers, which is the only thing i have handle from them.

jt distributing is the sister company and sells kits and non-ffl items and all their parts are great.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I think you and you whole family should buy one..
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I have, my little brother should be getting his on Friday. Now me and all my brothers will have one.  I guess you have one lowco.  Why don't you post a picture of it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I've build carbines for my buddies using the J&T kits, which as mentioned are a part of DS.  I have a lower.  The lower is one of my favorite lowers...and I've owned or used a ton of them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:36:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Yell that looks nice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]
what do you guys think of their 11.5" barreled uppers?  Where are the barrels from?  

What will my limitations be pertaining to different types of ammo and the accuracy/ranges I can expect from them?  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Played with 2 ar15 seem just as good as RRA etc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top