Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/10/2006 11:15:02 AM EDT
Hey guys,
It looks like LaRue Tactical is working on a new upper design and a rendering was posted in another thread.   I missed it and was wondering if anyone saved a copy of the pic.  Would you either post it or IM / email it to me?    I'm very interested and would like to see it.

Cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be slick.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#2]
yes the picture was posted by mcgrubbs
It did look nice.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link?

ETA: Tag.

Maybe its in a google cache somewhere?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good to me as long as it can use standard barrels!

Maybe they can make it with integrated front and rear flip-up BUIS!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Link?

it was removed few hours after being posted.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Link?

it was removed few hours after being posted.

Thanks.  Missed It!  Dang.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I have it... but I'm not sharing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't gloat about it!  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Don't gloat about it!  

I'm not gloating... well actually I am.  I like the one that Gunzilla posted as well.  I'll take two, please.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
IM's incoming
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
IM's incoming

Thank you JBowles!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Would have posted it earlier, but I was away from my computer and didn't have access.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't gloat about it!  

I'm not gloating... well actually I am.  I like the one that Gunzilla posted as well.  I'll take two, please.

Just jokin' with ya.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#14]
This is the one that McGrubbs posted earlier... just to be fare, he did not say that LT was making it, rather only that someone is Texas was thinking about it -- naturally, we all assume what that means, but in the event that it is not something Mark is working on, well here it is...

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#15]
It does have a Larue BUIS
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It does have a Larue BUIS

And aimpoint mount and light/laser mount...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if Larue will make a new SPR mount without the forward offset to go with the monolith.

Simpler to fabricate, and no need for the extension, because you can mount the scope wherever you want given an unbroken top rail.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh nice! Any word if this has been seen at SHOT?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I wonder if Larue will make a new SPR mount without the forward offset to go with the monolith.

Simpler to fabricate, and no need for the extension, because you can mount the scope wherever you want given an unbroken top rail.

I'm wondering the same thing.  Although you could just use seperate rings as well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:09:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I thought they allready made it?

www.laruetactical.com/marketplace/servlet/Marketplaces?webEvent(ProductDetailAddPage,loadProduct)&productID=1875&scrollTop=255
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:45:49 AM EDT
[#21]
tag
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#22]
This thread has clued me in to the fact that LT is very near to where I live. Hell, I might bump into him at the range sometime.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh nice! Any word if this has been seen at SHOT?

They had a pic of it at shot, but that was it.

C4

Any chance they introduced a 10" handguard at the show?

Also any word if they might  do another run of mounts for the Leupold CQ/T?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#27]
"If"? Surely you have the Word on this, Wes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
This thread has clued me in to the fact that LT is very near to where I live. Hell, I might bump into him at the range sometime.

I believe he's in Leander.

Chip McCormick is local too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Very well said, Wes.

The Monolith(tm) is coming.....

I see you mentioned the Monolith with a TM at the end. Does that mean that someone has it Trade Marked?

wp
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
NOT SOMEONE.

LARUE TACTICAL DOES, MARK LARUE, HIS'SEF, AS WE SAY IN WEST TENNESSEE.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

That's a bold statement.

Does Carl Lewis know about that?

Also, Mr. LaRue might want to check with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office about that claim. They are unaware of the pending application.

wp
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very well said, Wes.

Quoted:
NOT SOMEONE.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

That's a bold statement.

Also, Mr. LaRue might want to check with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office about that claim. They are unaware of the pending application.

wp

Here's the deal, I know Wes and Mark well enough to say that neither of them would step on their dick like this if it was not true... to claim in print that something is protected by trademark, servicemark or patent -- when it is really not -- is against the law! In addition to violating trademark laws, Mark would be setting himself up for some pretty ugly law suits from competitors if it was not true...

I do agree that if LMT had protected the name for the MRP, this would be far too close to avoid a claim of "consumer confusion" -- but I just read through the new LMT catalog and can not find a single instance of where they say the name MRP or Monolithic is protected... the idea is submitted for patent, but it looks like LT beat them to the punch on the name!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NOT SOMEONE.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

That's a bold statement.

wp

I have personal knowledge of projects that Mark has currently under way and where this project is concerned I believe the following is true …#1, The PTO will not discuss pending claims, #2, you have no idea how long LT has been working on this project, and #3, merging a hand guard with an upper is an "obvious improvement to someone well-versed in the industry"...there simply is nothing to patent there. As far as the Lewis patent I believe that it only relates to that switchable barrel business which Mark and his team blew off the instant they independently thought about it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very well said, Wes.

Quoted:
NOT SOMEONE.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

That's a bold statement.

wp

Here's the deal, I know Wes and Mark well enough to say that neither of them would step on their dick like this if it was not true... to claim in print that something is protected by trademark, servicemark or patent -- when it is really not -- is against the law! In addition to violating trademark laws, Mark would be setting himself up for some pretty ugly law suits from competitors if it was not true...

I do agree that if LMT had protected the name for the MRP, this would be far too close to avoid a claim of "consumer confusion" -- but I just read through the new LMT catalog and can not find a single instance of where they say the name MRP or Monolithic is protected... the idea is submitted for patent, but it looks like LT beat them to the punch on the name!

All of this may be true but since LMT engaged in commerce with "MRP" and "Monolithic" far before LaRue said word one it would be impossible for LaRue to enforce his trademark. His trademark is completely worthless.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#38]
The wild and crazy folks at the USPTO do indeed discuss pending patent applications - in fact, you and I can search through them.  

They also do a lot of work with the whole "T" part of their name...  There is no trademark registered to Larue regarding "monolith".

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
NOT SOMEONE.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

That's a bold statement.

wp

I have personal knowledge of projects that Mark has currently under way and where this project is concerned I believe the following is true …#1, The PTO will not discuss pending claims, #2, you have no idea how long LT has been working on this project, and #3, merging a hand guard with an upper is an "obvious improvement to someone well-versed in the industry"...there simply is nothing to patent there. As far as the Lewis patent I believe that it only relates to that switchable barrel business which Mark and his team blew off the instant they independently thought about it.

I think what he is refering to is the name "Monolith" -- It is far too close to Monolithic (MRP) to pass muster when it comes to consumer confusion... the way to think about it is because GM protectes Chevrolet, you are not going to be granted a trademark protection on a new car line called "Chevy."

Oh, and PTO does disclose applications...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
"Monolithic" is a description and "The Monolith" is a name

I find it pretty intellectually dishonest and don't think it will hold up to any competent attorney. I also think that by using the "Monolith" LaRue is riding LMT's coat tails.

Anyone have the video of Vanilla Ice explaining why his song was not ripping off David Bowie?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
NOT SOMEONE.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

That's a bold statement.

wp

Hey Austin,

I said nothing about patent, I was talking about "trademarks". I just can't believe that Carl would forget to trademark the term Monolith or Monolithic when developing his system. Either way, Mr. Lewis will be one pissed off cowboy!

Regarding the design, will it be a solid construction, such as Colt or LMT, or will it be glued together? According to the people at vltor, they do some sort of brazing process?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I find it pretty intellectually dishonest and don't think it will hold up to any competent attorney. I also think that by using the "Monolith" LaRue is riding LMT's coat tails.

Anyone have the video of Vanilla Ice explaining why his song was not ripping off David Bowie?

Wow... you are showing your age...

Now I do know that "Hollaback Girl" is a remix of Queen's "We Will Rock You"

B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, we all know how you feel now.  I can't speak for anyone else here, but I feel "enlightened".

The LMT is called "The MRP".  So how exactly is there any confusion between "The MRP" and "The Monolith?  The MRP" uses switchable barrels and it appears that "The Monolith" will utilize off-the-shelf barrels.  They are entirely two different birds.

No, you don't know how I feel, obviously. If what you say is true about the physical attributes then the LaRue will be a better product, hands down. I like LaRue products and I will continue to buy them as I have been doing. However, by using the name "monolith" it will always seam like LaRue ripped off LMT, which I doubt they did.

LMT came to market with the Monolithic Rail Platform first, LaRue needs to get their own name rather than trying to alter LMT's.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
PARDON ME, BUT WHO REALLY SHOOTS THESE THINGS GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHAT IT IS CALLED?

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

Obviously LaRue does if they have in fact TradeMarked "Monolith."

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Ah geeze.

This is one of those topics where everyone involved is going to get frustrated and absolutely nothing will come from it.

Also, I don't know if I'm getting out of line in assuming this, but I'd guess the original picture was removed for a reason.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top