Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 1:19:42 PM EDT
Does and one have any info or input on the Vltor handguard system?
Website Link
I am surprised I haven't heard anything about them before, or did I just miss it? Thanks, FMJs
http://www.vltor.com/CASV3Small.JPG
http://www.vltor.com/CASV5Small.JPG
http://www.vltor.com/CASV2Small.JPG
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
They have been around for a couple of years now, predating Vltor's involvement actually. there are a few threads running on them right now and most of the comments seem positive. I prefer it to anything else out there due to the mounting method and that it not nearly as fat as most anything else.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I like them also. I wish I had another AR to put them on.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The main reason I am interested in them is that they are slim and offer a continuous rail. The website says that are under a pound, how does that compare to equivlent rails? FMJs
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like mine. I put them on the kitchen scale the other day but I don't remember how much they weighed. I think it was around 12 ounces.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The main reason I am interested in them is that they are slim and offer a continuous rail. The website says that are under a pound, how does that compare to equivlent rails? FMJs

Compared to the SIR, it's a little lighter IIRC. It attaches easily, the rail is just a hair higher than the SIR also. It didn't get very hot, but it was noticably warm, whereas my SIR never got warmed up at all, but these are different guns too. (M4 w/16" & SIR compared to 6933 w/ 11" +gemtech & Vltor)

They are slimmer and smoother than the SIR.

Main downside for me, is it hits the front sling swivel, so eventually I'll have to remove it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I guess I am dumb for not seen this thread already posed, especially on the same page. Yes, I did do a search. FMJs
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:31:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Compared to the SIR, it's a little lighter IIRC. It attaches easily, the rail is just a hair higher than the SIR also. It didn't get very hot, but it was noticably warm, whereas my SIR never got warmed up at all, but these are different guns too. (M4 w/16" & SIR compared to 6933 w/ 11" +gemtech & Vltor)

They are slimmer and smoother than the SIR.

Main downside for me, is it hits the front sling swivel, so eventually I'll have to remove it.

I was told in advance by Mooney's to remove the sling swivel. All it takes is a couple taps with a punch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top