Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 10:27:59 PM EDT
Okay, I have two M93's.  I also have two slings, both Spectre SOP three point slings.  I need rear sling swivels to connect to the rear of the stock, but which ones?

One is an M93A with no reinforcing plates in the stock.  What rear swivel do I use and how do I attach it?  I was hoping to use a GG&G "QD Sling Thing".  Will this work?  How do I attach it? drill through and use machine screws?

The other is an M93B with reinforcing plates and what appears to be a QD swivel hole in each of the plates.  Do I have to drill a through hole in teh stock for the QD swivel?

I know you guys have been down this road before.  What is the answer?

I sent the same email to Magpul but have not yet received a reply.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
No...the QD swivel just snaps into the steel plate. There are 2 plates so that you can mount them right or left handed.

SImon
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Whose QD swivel?  I have one here at home but the shank is too long.  It bottoms out on the underlying plastic before the thing latches up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
go to the industry forum and post the thread there.

magpul has their own section and your question would be seen by those that count. you could also look up zaksmith.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The MagPul QD swivel is only made for the 93B. See their website for details. At one time the made a QD swivel for a single point sling, but I haven't been able to find out if its still available or not.

To mount the swivel, (you have to order the part the stock doesn't come with one,) you remove the two reinforcement plates and screw the swivel in place. It comes with the screws to do that. The screws connect to the plates, not the stock. They are sold in singles, so if you want a QD swivel on both sides you have to buy two.

I'm not sure how you'd mount a QD swivel on an A model. But call Rich or anyone else at MagPul and I'm sure they can tell you how to do it.

I run a KAC QD swivel mount on my LaRue handguards, and the QD swivel on the stock with a CQB Solutions 3 point. (Now Specter Gear)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got a call from Wilderness Tectical last week saying they have been on backorder for months. They should become available through your dealer of choice pretty soon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:57:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
For the B version you need a little steel plate that mounts on the reinforing bracket. This plate provides the mounting lip and creates the depth needed to the sling mount to fit.

For the M93A, Zak Smith had a few tricks involving loops of paracord and such but the best way would be to upgrade the M93A's tail piece to an M93B with a QD attachment point. I thought the QD plates were in stock now but I will have to check.

Give us a call today at 1877 4MAGPUL and we will sort out a solution for you.

On the QD single point sling mount. We had about 10 of these made as prototypes. They were reallly well recieved but we haven't had the capacity to make them yet. We have had the drawings and the PO in to get them made for over 5 months now.

See, I knew he'd be here to answer. I hope the QDs are in stock, I just ordered another one this morning.

Thanks Rich. (Eagerly waiting on the single point QD)

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Sling on M93B

[ link to LARGER image ]

Simple method for M93A*

[ link to LARGER image ]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top