Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 11:17:46 AM EDT
How much wider are the TD panels compared to KAC? When will TD produce pre-cut panels (this was mentioned as a new item in January)? Will TD produce a midlength panel or will the carbine length remain the longest?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
you could always cut the td and extend them
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How much wider are the TD panels compared to KAC? When will TD produce pre-cut panels (this was mentioned as a new item in January)? Will TD produce a midlength panel or will the carbine length remain the longest?

They are thicker, and it's easy to cut them and then file them.  I have the Tango Down pannels on 6 different guns and they are far superior to KAC pannels.

I just started another thread in this forum "A NEW SWAT carbine....." ...... It's a mid-length and has Tango Down pannels on it.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
+1

Tango Down panels are the best quality I have seen so far.

The fit on my KAC RAS rails, SAMSON MRFS-M and MRFS-R is perfect, snug but no rattles.

I'm going to get more TD panels for my next builds.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Sovereign,

We've been selling the shorter, pre-cut Rail Grips for months now. That brings us to 3 lengths of Rail Grips: 6", 3 3/4" and 2 7/8". They are available in Black, USSOCOM Flat Dark Earth, and Olive Drab Green.

A midlength panel is a low demand item from the US Military, hence not on our hot list. It's too easy to splice two 6" panels to cover the side of any rail longer than the standard MWS Carbine rail. A benefit is  usually PEQs or lights occupy the forward end of the weapon, so removing the forward splice still leaves the remaining rear rail area protected. We designed our Rail Grips to splice easily and with recess continuity on any MIL-STD 1913 rail.

The most important (of many) jobs the rail covers must perform is protection to the rail system.
We can snap the 'baseline' covers in our hands. Our BP-4 Rail Grips are proven in combat, and can take   the pounding. They are also heat modified to act as the best insulator possible when the weapon performs sustained full auto fire. Are they a little thicker than the baseline cover? Yes. Do they break? No. Does virtually every serious operator use a vertical grip? Yes.

Thanks, Gentlemen-
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks SMG Lee for another point,

Our US Patent Pending BGP-4S rail panels can accommodate either SureFire or ITI pressure switches,
with other switch design adapters coming soon. We are working with the US Military on expanding this product line, stay tuned.

Best,

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no info about short panels. There are work arounds for TD round ended panels even for rifle length, It would work for midlength too I imagine.    Easy to cut and sand for a nice snug butted together fit.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag for future reference.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Sovereign,

We've been selling the shorter, pre-cut Rail Grips for months now. That brings us to 3 lengths of Rail Grips: 6", 3 3/4" and 2 7/8". They are available in Black, USSOCOM Flat Dark Earth, and Olive Drab Green.

A midlength panel is a low demand item from the US Military, hence not on our hot list. It's too easy to splice two 6" panels to cover the side of any rail longer than the standard MWS Carbine rail. A benefit is  usually PEQs or lights occupy the forward end of the weapon, so removing the forward splice still leaves the remaining rear rail area protected. We designed our Rail Grips to splice easily and with recess continuity on any MIL-STD 1913 rail.

The most important (of many) jobs the rail covers must perform is protection to the rail system.
We can snap the 'baseline' covers in our hands. Our BP-4 Rail Grips are proven in combat, and can take   the pounding. They are also heat modified to act as the best insulator possible when the weapon performs sustained full auto fire. Are they a little thicker than the baseline cover? Yes. Do they break? No. Does virtually every serious operator use a vertical grip? Yes.

Thanks, Gentlemen-

I have heard claims that over time the rail panels become loose and the catch does not hold them on as well because the catch is made of plastic and will fatigue.  This is why you always see tape around the panels.  However the KAC panels do not have this problem.

This is purely third hand knowledge and in no way am I claiming that this is true.  Have you had any experience with this?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have heard claims that over time the rail panels become loose and the catch does not hold them on as well.  This is why you always see tape around the panels.  However the KAC panels do not have this problem.

This is purely third hand knowledge and in no way am I claiming that this is true.  Have you had any experience with this?

Any truth to this?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Gentlemen,

The material we use in our Rail Grips does not 'fatigue'. The locking tab can be cycled thousands of times without damage. We have never seen or heard of tape holding our Rail Grips on. Only on a another mfg's product. Our product is snug, and rattle free.

We have sold thousands of our Rail Grips to numerous Army Special Forces Groups, without a single complaint, with additional P.O.s ready to ship.

Our product is used O.E.M. by several major firearm and rail system manufacturers.

Hope this information helps.

Best,

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm assuming they will fit all rails. Mine is the Surefire M73, will they fit?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
ARMRER, USMC03, SMGLEE, & others,

Thanks for the input. I have ordered a set of 3 to try.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Who carries the shorter covers?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Where is the TangoDown website?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Where is the TangoDown website?

It's actually in Buffer Technologies website.

Tango Down Products link
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's the actual TangoDown website.  

www.tangodownllc.com/
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Plus, they are easy to cut and sand.  A professional looking job is super easy.

No one will deny that, but it would seem to me that if they already make the length you want, it would be easier to just order the correct length, which might even be cheaper than the full-sized panel.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one will deny that, but it would seem to me that if they already make the length you want, it would be easier to just order the correct length, which might even be cheaper than the full-sized panel.

I'll be surprised if shorter panels are any cheaper than long panels. The difference in the cost of production won't be much.

I bought a little mitre box and hobby saw to cut my TD panels with and it worked like a charm. After I cut them, I sanded the ends down a bit and they fit great.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:22:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be surprised if shorter panels are any cheaper than long panels. The difference in the cost of production won't be much.

True perhaps. I guess we will never know until a distributor lists them or they appear on TDs site. As of right now, they are still Vaporpanels.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Sovereign,

Our number is: 909.392.4757. We are waiting for the items to go up on our site, but we take orders over the phone.

We currently have all colors, lengths in stock. Retail price is $12.95 ea,
which is less than our 6" rail grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top