Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/21/2005 2:54:37 AM EDT
Just thought I'd give y'all a little sitrep on the Colt factory SBR 11.5" M4 Commando rifles.  I went to the Harrisburg, PA. gun show this weekend and David had one of the new guns at his table.  The box said it was model 6933 and from all outside appearance it is the same lower as the 6921 with the same "M4LE" markings.  The gun had all the expected LEO markings and the standard Colt M4 features, but with the obviously shorter barrel.  It looked like the accessory pack had two twenty rounders with it -- no thirties.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed with the lack of a "Commando" designation on the rifle, but I do think these will become a hot ticket in the future.  I talked to both David and his brother-in-law Ron and the jist of the information I was able to compile from both of them was that they have received atleast a decent proportion of the order and expect to have the remainder before too long.  Those of us who were early on the preorder list can anticipate getting their paperwork packet within 30 days.

Please keep in mind that these are my interpretations from what I saw and heard while speaking to David -- this is nothing written in stone by them so please don't hold them accountable if my estimates or interpretations are wrong.  This is just an FYI..........

Oh, and BTW, from what I understand -- there is a VERY small number of these units, which are not spoken for -- by small I mean less then 7 (atleast from David -- JBARMS may have more).
Link Posted: 3/21/2005 3:11:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks K1196A

that is more than  I have heard anywhere else.

I thought I had read about the weapon having Commando markings, but if that isn't so, I can fully understand, since with the LE6921 markings, it is already a registered SBR and would simply have to accommodate an 11.5 bbl and some other minor mods, to be called a Commando.

I will eagerly await my paperwork package/firearm.

Hail the LE6933!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2005 3:58:22 AM EDT
[#2]
You folks just gotta keep rubbing this in dont ya
Link Posted: 3/21/2005 3:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

still a couple extra -- you just gotta pull the trigger!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2005 4:31:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

still a couple extra -- you just gotta pull the trigger!  

I'd have been near the first person on the list but I live in Illinois, NO SBR's
Link Posted: 3/21/2005 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
D'ohhhh -- that sucks bro!!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2005 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#6]
i believe these are the same markings.........

Link Posted: 3/21/2005 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one coming also. David said only 100 are available to civillians. Now I dont know if I should shoot it or keep it NIB.
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#8]
The lack of "commando" markings, to me, really offsets the rarity of this weapon.  The "commando" was what was promised/ what really made this a must have weapon and now what you have is a weapon that can probably be put together for less with the same somewhat easily obtainable Colt components.
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#9]
there is some merit to what you say, but i don't know about the assembly of one for less cost.  those commando barrels sell for "stupid" money!  

maybe i'm just not too pissed because i sold my SP1 commando clone for $1200 and don't need to pull so much cash out of pocket to pay for a factory one with all the features i wanted.  BUT -- i too was upset about the lack of "commando" markings
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Was "Commando" promised to be marked on the gun? I was never told this in my emails with David. I do believe the word was used in the ads.
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I DON'T REMEMBER EVER SEEING IT IN PRINT -- I THINK IT WAS JUST ASSUMED SINCE IT WAS A FACTORY "COMMANDO!"  NOT THE END OF THE EARTH TO ME -- I'M STILL BUYING MINE!  LOL!!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have one coming also. David said only 100 are available to civillians. Now I dont know if I should shoot it or keep it NIB.

While there are obviously many exceptions, in general a well cared for LNIB is worth almost as much as NIB.  After all they have ALL at least been test fired.

Important thing is to keep the box and every scrap of paper that comes with the gun.

5sub
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#13]
With or without the markings I think it will be a nice piece to have. Hell, it might even be worth more than I paid for it one day.
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#14]
What is the paperwork packet mentioned in the first post?
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#15]
all the forms and the fingerprint cards, etc..........
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Got it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Even though it's not marked Commando, it still will have the M4LE markings making it rare.

I don't think there are any M4LE (6921, 14.5") lowers in civilian hands, since it also is a SBR  from the factory...
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#18]
www.autoweapons.com has some factory 6921's for sale for $1895. I beleive I saw somebody else selling these also.
Link Posted: 3/23/2005 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Got some pics..............

here is an excerpt from the e-mail with some info:

Photos are attached of the receiver markings. Left side reads M4LE Colts Law Enforcement. Right side reads Restricted Military/Government/Law Enforcement/Export Use Only.

The model is LE6933 which is not in the Colt catalog. The guns have the Commando upper with 11.5" barrel. Since the guns are semi-auto, they are not marked Commando. This is the only version of the LE gun which has been made with this upper. The boxes are marked LE6933. Each gun comes with sling, two mags, manual and box.

The guns are made by Colt Defense rather than Colt Firearms Company and are marked as such on the receiver.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2005 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Was "Commando" promised to be marked on the gun? I was never told this in my emails with David. I do believe the word was used in the ads.

I was told Commando in two e-mails.  I put money down on one.  I'm still getting it, but it's not as unique as I thought it would be. . . .
Link Posted: 3/23/2005 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Even though it's not marked Commando, it still will have the M4LE markings making it rare.

I don't think there are any M4LE (6921, 14.5") lowers in civilian hands, since it also is a SBR  from the factory...

SAW has them and would probably sell you one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Just an FYI for those of you waiting for the papers -- they are on the way!  I got my paperwork from David Spiwak this week and it's off to the BATFE tomorrow!  Ahhh, I can't wait!  

Link Posted: 6/14/2005 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Just an FYI for those of you waiting for the papers -- they are on the way!  I got my paperwork from David Spiwak this week and it's off to the BATFE tomorrow!  Ahhh, I can't wait!  

I hope that includes me, too. This is one of those long haul projects already, and the wait is just beginning.
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The lack of "commando" markings, to me, really offsets the rarity of this weapon.  The "commando" was what was promised/ what really made this a must have weapon and now what you have is a weapon that can probably be put together for less with the same somewhat easily obtainable Colt components.

While I can understand the sentiment, I'm sure there's also someone out there that could remark them Commando. I don't think factory 11" barrels are that common, and I wanted one just because I wanted a factory SBR.

I do think this is better than a Colt M4 lower that someone put and 11" barrel on, with their name engraved on it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#25]
If it were me, which it will be.

I would rather have a LE6921.

ETA: I'm sorry these aren't marked as a Commando.  This is a made to order from Colt, such as the LE6920HB from S.A.W.

If it were a lower that was unique to this platform, I would be all over it

Again I am sorry that it is only a LE6921 lower with a 11.5 A3 upper on it.

From S.A.W. :    UPPER RECEIVER GROUP, R0933 W/O BOLT GROUP - FLAT TOP UPPER W/ CARRY HANDLE 11.5in 1/7 LWT BBL 899.00

NOT! trying to shit on this, but disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If it were me, which it will be.

I would rather have a LE6921.

ETA: I'm sorry these aren't marked as a Commando.  This is a made to order from Colt, such as the LE6920HB from S.A.W.

If it were a lower that was unique to this platform, I would be all over it

Again I am sorry that it is only a LE6921 lower with a 11.5 A3 upper on it.

From S.A.W. :    UPPER RECEIVER GROUP, R0933 W/O BOLT GROUP - FLAT TOP UPPER W/ CARRY HANDLE 11.5in 1/7 LWT BBL 899.00

NOT! trying to shit on this, but disappointed.

Me too, brother.  I bought one, based on the "Commando" representation.  Decided to keep it when I found out that it was marked the same as the 6921.  It's a good price, but not what I thought it was going to be . . . . .
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 5:11:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I wish the lower was marked "COMMANDO" but it is still a good deal. Limited run, COLT, factory registered SBR and cheaper than building an all Colt shorty. The SBR factory registration means no engraving by you on the lower. That seals the deal for me. Don't get me wrong I will shoot the piss out of this thing and do some mods. This will be a working gun. I just wish it would hurry up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:28:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Picked her up yesterday from David -- one word - AWESOME!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:55:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

May I ask?

are you the end user? or are you an intermediary (CIII FFL for an end user)?

I am expecting - although not on the edge of my chair - for news soon.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:04:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

May I ask?

are you the end user? or are you an intermediary (CIII FFL for an end user)?

I am expecting - although not on the edge of my chair - for news soon.

End user!  I think he said I'm the 3rd individual that has gotten the transfer paperwork back.  I mailed my stuff off to the ATF like June 12/13ish.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:42:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Congratulations K1196a!!

edit: sent to IM instead
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:55:06 AM EDT
[#32]
It's ok -- I don't mind answering your questions here.  Fit was excellent and the finish was about what you'd expect for parts drawn off of military production lines and not specifically selected for "finish"qualities.  There was one sorta rough grind mark on the right hand side just behing the shell deflector and the carry handle had some of the hard anodizing come off around where they press the pins for the large tightening knobs (upper and handle are both Cardinal Forge).  Other then that everything looked great; no issues on the lower.  The FCG was large pin and the sear area was not fully milled, there was, however, a F/A bolt carrier.  There is the nice "M4LE" and "5.56" rollmark, but other then that, not much extra ordinary.

Safe queen -- don't own any of those!  I shoot everything, I just maintain it and don't abuse 'em (too often).  LOL!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#33]
The last time any USGI shorty Colt was marked "Commando" was the XM177E1.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The last time any shorty Colt was marked "Commando" was the XM177E1.

Actually, from the general looks of it, all shorties and standard M4s made for commercial/export by Colt are all marked M4 Commando.  There's also the M16A2 Commando rollmark.

M16A2 Commando

M4 Commando Enhanced

The M4 Commando rollmark looks like the M4 Commando Enhanced one, simply ommitting "Enhanced."
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The last time any shorty Colt was marked "Commando" was the XM177E1.

Actually, from the general looks of it, all shorties and standard M4s made for commercial/export by Colt are all marked M4 Commando.  There's also the M16A2 Commando rollmark.

M16A2 Commando

M4 Commando Enhanced

The M4 Commando rollmark looks like the M4 Commando Enhanced one, simply ommitting "Enhanced."

Duh, you are correct.   I was only thinking USGI weapons.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#37]
DO PUSHUPS!  LOL!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#38]
The new toy went to the range today and ran flawless!  Good groups too!
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Just called NFA Branch.  Mine was approved yesterday.  Just waiting now for the call from my FFL.  Thank you, Howard!
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#40]
how much are these going for? i might need one!
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 3:04:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
how much are these going for? i might need one!

I think they started at around $1,300, and went to about $1,400 dorect from the original source Howard @ JBArms or Spiwak guns (sic)

I have seen them being advertised after that for $1,800- $2,200.

I think I paid $1,350 plus NFA and FFl charges.

The process is approaching a year, and not a round downange yet, but I am sure it wont be long and all that wait will have been forgotten.

Mistakes and inexperience on my part has surely extended that time by months, but its not a big deal.........I doubt it will get a ton of range time anyway. But who knows....

Link Posted: 11/3/2005 3:09:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Mid-month mine went on a massive pumpkin slaughter the likes of which have not been seen since the "great pumpkin rebellion of 1807."  the carnage was horrible -- seeds and guts everywhere.  500 rounds and no malfunctions.  poor pumpkin bastards -- they didn't stand a chance!!!!  
Link Posted: 11/9/2005 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#43]
My rifle is marked Safe- Semi, I wonder why the change ?

Link Posted: 11/18/2005 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
My rifle is marked Safe- Semi, I wonder why the change ?

I believe I can make out the SAFE - FIRE markings here , like the one pictured here earlier

Interesting

I suppose this falls into the "with Colt, the exception can be a rule" column

do you have a preference?

Link Posted: 11/18/2005 3:14:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I'D PREFER "SAFE - SEMI," BUT........
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 1:36:59 AM EDT
[#46]
 I have never crapped on a thread before...but I am going to make an exception here.  

I have been holding my tongue on this for weeks now...the fact that many of you guys are worked up over whether the word "Commando" is printed on this limited piece is some of the most dumbassed, armchair stupidity I have ever seen in my life.

Colt goes out of their way to make a very specific gun that only a select number of folks are gonna buy.  JB Arms goes out of THEIR way to provide a few guns that most of you could NEVER get ahold of in any other way....and you guys are bitching about a stupid WORD????

Ya wanna get technical?????

If it doesn't have a happy switch and it isn't/wasn't provided to the U.S. Military as an M16A"WHATEVER"....NEWS FLASH: IT AIN'T A COMMANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In fact, if you want to get technical....if it wasn't made before 1970....IT AIN'T A COMMANDO!!!!  If you want to get REALLLLLY technical if it ain't a Colt Model 609 or 610 then it probably AIN'T A COMMANDO.....well, at least not an ORIGINAL commando.

p.s.  ( I dedicate this rant to my good friend, Doug who pointed this out to me and had to listen to me rant and rave about this for the past two or three weeks )

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 1:48:23 AM EDT
[#47]
P.S.!!!!

Since nearly ( but not quite...I know a couple of you understand the value of these guns ) everyone else seems rather ungrateful about the whole "Commando" thing, I will do what no one else has done:

I want to SINCERELY thank Colt, JB Arms and David Spiwak for going the extra mile to provide these EXTREMELY fine Colt shorties FOR THE FOLKS WHO CAN AND WILL APPRECIATE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE!!!

Thanks, Guys...keep up the good work!!!

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 2:43:55 AM EDT
[#48]
desertmoon --

usually i'd have to search for posts as worthless as the two you just made, but thanks to the miracle of modern "topic subscription" it was bought straight to my e-mail inbox.  desertmoon and technoligy -- working to bring you a stupid post faster than ever.............

for the record, i think most of us are very pleased and excited about our rare rifles.  i do; however, personally apologize to you if my level of enthusiasm and gratitude did not rise to the levels you deemed appropriate.  

mr. spiwak, i also apologize to you -- i would have thought when i shook your hand and thanked you inside your kitchen and told you how much i had been looking forward to the gun that that would have been sufficient -- desertmoon informs me it was not.  perhaps next purchase i can blow you or something.

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 3:01:45 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
 I have never crapped on a thread before...but I am going to make an exception here.  

I have been holding my tongue on this for weeks now...the fact that many of you guys are worked up over whether the word "Commando" is printed on this limited piece is some of the most dumbassed, armchair stupidity I have ever seen in my life.

Colt goes out of their way to make a very specific gun that only a select number of folks are gonna buy.  JB Arms goes out of THEIR way to provide a few guns that most of you could NEVER get ahold of in any other way....and you guys are bitching about a stupid WORD????

Ya wanna get technical?????

If it doesn't have a happy switch and it isn't/wasn't provided to the U.S. Military as an M16A"WHATEVER"....NEWS FLASH: IT AIN'T A COMMANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In fact, if you want to get technical....if it wasn't made before 1970....IT AIN'T A COMMANDO!!!!  If you want to get REALLLLLY technical if it ain't a Colt Model 609 or 610 then it probably AIN'T A COMMANDO.....well, at least not an ORIGINAL commando.

p.s.  ( I dedicate this rant to my good friend, Doug who pointed this out to me and had to listen to me rant and rave about this for the past two or three weeks )

Who are you?  Who are you?  You're an idot, that's who you are.

I own one.  I got it from these guys.  The e-mails and advertisements listed it as being marked "Commando".  I asked specifically, more than once, and was told that it was marked "Commando."  I bought one based on this representation.  Before delivery, I found out that the rifle was not marked as described.  I went with it anyway because it is a great set up and I like it very much.  I am grateful for the opportunity to buy an SBR from Colt at a good price.  That does not excuse those involved in selling these rifles for their lack of precision in the way they described these rifles.

We all know that these are not real Commandos, ass hat.  Just like the 6920 is not an M4 and all the clones aren't Colts.  What we are disappointed with is the misrepresentation of this rifle.  It isn't as unique as we were led to believe.  This is really no different than the 6921 (14.5" barrel) or the 6921SP (10" barrel) available elsewhere.  Let me repeat that for you, ass hat:  Colt-produced SBRs with the "M4LE" rollmark are available elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#50]
d-moon-

I do not think most were in any way ranting about "not getting a genuine Commando"

It was as El_Abogado said, a matter of representing these as Commando's - a special production run, a one time model, etc. and it ultimately being a LE6921 lower with an 11.5" upper. This is a configuration that is hardly rare (albeit rarely seen, due to  the SBR challenges/hassles)

The gun is  a great set up. It is all Colt. It is a special model run. It is very much appreciated. It is not a Commando, and probably should not have been referred to as such

I don't think anyone was "going off" on the seller for anything, but simply pointing out what I just tried to do.

It wasn't really priced like a one of a kind either. Otherwise, I suspect it  would  be a big deal
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top