Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2004 8:17:17 PM EDT
I have been reading with interest the recent postings about the YHM two-piece carbine handguards. In the past I have had a KAC RAS and now am again feeling the need for a removable railed handguard. I have two of YHMs free-floating forearms on my other ARs and am well satisfied with the quality of stuff they make.

That being said, the RAS had three features that held it rock solid in place. How does the YHM two-piece unit attach?

I am not going to put any optics on the handguard, just a vertical foregrip (a TangoDown; glad to see YHM got the rail dimensions fixed!) and possibly a flashlight, so it doesn't have to be PERFECTLY immobile, just enough that it doesn't wobble or rotate.

So that is what I want to know, from someone who has them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Storm if you would take a gander at the review I did you will get a pretty good idea as to how it is attached, and how firmly it mounts on the gun.  www.ar15reviews.com

I'm fairly certain others will chime in shortly.  I just couldn't get to sleep.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Has there been any update on whether or not manufacturers like YHM are going to conform to the Picatinny rail specifications?

Thanx.
Sammy
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
YHM's 2-piece handguards are held in place exactly like a regular set of A2 or M4 handguards, just with really tight tolerances so there is little or no movement.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
YHM's 2-piece handguards are held in place exactly like a regular set of A2 or M4 handguards, just with really tight tolerances so there is little or no movement.

and he means TIGHT!

I have a handguard removal tool and still had to whack on the HG with a rubber mallet to get them on.  They are rock solid on my M4gery though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks TNRonin! Great review!
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
mercy buckets, I'm happy to be of service.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top