Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2004 3:55:28 PM EDT
How does everybody like their Ameetec lowers?  I'm thinking I'll use one for my next build.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The two I have built up perfectly.  I liked them so much I ordered two more at full price ($125) since the serial numbers I wanted won't be up until after the sale is over.  Even at $125 I think they are worth every penny.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought three (3) from Warren at Ameetec, loved em so much I have ordered some more. They are perfectly machined and have a great finish. I like them better that any others.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
+big,

Take a look at the thread in the Equipment Exchange forum where Ameetec is selling stripped lowers.  There are literally hundreds of people here who have bought their lowers and they have all gotten a 100% "excellent" rating.  

I bought 2 of the MEGA Machine Shop lowers (I think they are made by the same shop that makes the Ameetedc lowers...) and they assembled perfectly, and look as good or better than my Bushie lowers.

Pretty hard to beat a $90 price tag on the Ameetec and the MEGA.

CMOS
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
How is the fit when mated with a Bushy upper?
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]

I bought 2 of the MEGA Machine Shop lowers  (I think they are made by the same shop that makes the Ameetedc lowers...)  

They are made by a different company.
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#6]
The Ameetec lowers are a steal at $85 shipped.  The finish is superb.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought three on the positive feedback I saw on this sight.   I'm a newbee to the AR-15.  And in typical form,  I then started reading some of the books tailored to High Power shooting (Black Magic... Ultimate guide to AR....)  so then I got the bright idea to call some one of the more reknown smiths listed in those books.   One smith's phone rep (I'd like to keep this discreet) said that they had had some in the shop and they were junk.   Now this is an 'ultra accurate'  type shop, found in more than one book, and preached on this sight, and I'm wanting to build an entry level match gun or three.   Anywhere else besides AR-15.com all I've heard is buy "Bushmaster" or "Colt" or "Rock River" or "Compass Lake" or....  (I hope you get the picture), but never Ameetec.    So I'm hoping you all can fire away, and confirm or ease my fears that I just dumped short of $300 on something that got together well, or won't give me .5 Moa or less, or will have some trouble right in my 300 rapid fire when I'm on my way to getting some leg points....    Is this a more current, site on the developements and abilities of various AR gear that the old tried and true ultra accurate shops?   Or is it all hype?....

Ready on the right,  Ready on the left,  Ready on the firing line....   Targets UP!
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I purchased three Ameetec stripped lowers from Warren.  As other have stated, the quality of the machining, fit and finish is excellent - as good as anything else I've ever seen.  I was talking to Warren at a Phoenix gun show a couple of weeks ago and he told me that his last run of lowers is completely sold out - he's having another batch manufactured to meet demand.  What better testimony could there be?

I've assembled two of my three lowers and currently use one on my M4gery.  I'm so happy I could just scream!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#9]
how does a lower affect accuracy?  a good smith (or average idiot off the street) would know that its all in the upper...(ok, a match trigger makes a big difference, but i'm pretty sure those'll fit in an Ameetec lower as well (since i've personally handled at least 6 that have.....)
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#10]
oh yeah, and i got 2 of Warren's lowers and they are FLAWLESS!!!  best deal on the market, hands down....
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]
All:  Thanks for the fast replies.

Quoted:
how does a lower affect accuracy?  a good smith (or average idiot off the street) would know that its all in the upper...(ok, a match trigger makes a big difference, but i'm pretty sure those'll fit in an Ameetec lower as well (since i've personally handled at least 6 that have.....hr

I'm a newbyhought

T_P
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]
big +1

i ordered 5 of the ameetec lowers and 2 mega machine shop lowers and all are superb.

built three of them so far and they are all amazing couldnt have asked for more.  

highly recommend the lowers and dealing with warren
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought ten of them, every one of them looks perfect.
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I have worked a deal with warrenat Ameetec Arms to get 25 speically marked 458 SOCOM lowers, on top of seeing and hearing great things, I decided to try him, being new and all to toss him some biz,  we are expecting them in on aug 10th  or around there, so I shall post pics etc, but again I have heard there is no better deal out there in terms of price and quality all in the same boat.  Warren is also quite a good guy to deal with.

again will post pics once i have em
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#15]
IMHO anyone who trashes the Ameetec lower has either never seen one or heard of them, and since they had not heard of them they figure they must be junk, which is totally not true and a very stupid assumption to make.  Or, they have some other brand they want to sell you.  I don't care what credentials they may or may not have, to trash something as well made as the Ameetec lower reveals a lot about their ignorance.  If they have proof, I would love to see it, but I strongly suspect no proof other than their "word" would ever be forthcoming.
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm going to start a new project in the near future, can anyone clue me in to where I can get one of these recievers for less than 100bucks like I keep hearing about?  Thanks ahead of time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm going to start a new project in the near future, can anyone clue me in to where I can get one of these recievers for less than 100bucks like I keep hearing about?  Thanks ahead of time.

The lowers in this thread are from  Ameetec...

www.ameetecarms.com

Be sure to mention AR-15.com when you talk to Warren.   His prices are rising (or the volume you need to purchase to get them inexpensively is...)

Link Posted: 8/2/2004 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the help.  I'll be in contact w/ him.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#19]
How do they compare to the Mega?

R
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Being a newbie to ARs in general (although I was in the military), I think Ameetec has their act together.  From an engineering standpoint (without going through it with calipers), everything looks uniform, concentric, without any deformation or any burrs.  The assembly went together slicker than poo.  The finish is flawless, very attractive, and yes, I would buy many more of them.  I paid $85 new including shipping.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:24:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I bought ten of them, every one of them looks perfect.

Of the ten I bought I have now assembled 4 of them with JT lower parts sets.  These have been the 4 easiest builds I've ever done.

I would have to rate the Ameetec lowers among the best I've ever used.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I got mine the other day and I have seen better.  The finish was great but there were some marks from the machining process or lack there of.  There is a big spot on the web above where your hand would go and also on the top of the trigger guard area.  Besides those two points they look great...  I haven't put the parts in it which will be the big test...

Basic view of the Mega, Lauer(LMT), Stag receivers

Another view of the three receviers... now time to compare...

Compare away!!!

Did anyone else have a lower that looked like this one with the bad seems?

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Spooky,
cool comparison, but where's the Ameetec?  Or did you mean to post this in the "LMT Lowers" thread?

Thanks
rich
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Actually the top two photos are of a Stag, Lauer(LMT), and a Mega from left to right.  The first pic is to show the web of the grip - if it was a 1911 it would be the beaver tail...  Notice that all three are pretty flat and mostly smooth and the Lauer (LMT) has a little flat spot...

Next pic is the same layout, but looking at the trigger area.  Notice on the Lauer (LMT) that there is a little roughness where the trigger guard would be, both front and back.  Also notice how smooth the machining is where the trigger comes out of the receiver...

Now, start looking at the Ameetec lower - the beavertail area is not smooth actually looks a little rough!  Also note the jagged edges where the trigger guard would be.  Finally, the area where the trigger comes out of the receiver is rough...

I hate to say it, but it is the worst machined lower of all the lowers I currently have (Olympic Arms, Eagle Arms, RRA, Lauer (LMT), Stag, Mega - sorry none of the ABC's) just because of the roughness noted above...

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw that Spooky, but which one is the Ameetec?  You say you have a Mega, LMT and Stag lower in the pics.  Does Ameetec make the lowers for LMT/Lauer?  I'm a bit confused here...

Rich
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I saw that Spooky, but which one is the Ameetec?  You say you have a Mega, LMT and Stag lower in the pics.  Does Ameetec make the lowers for LMT/Lauer?  I'm a bit confused here...

Rich

the bottom three pictures are of an Ameetec lower....the three pictured in the first two pictures are NOT Ameetec.  he is showing the difference between the other 3 and the Ameetec.
i'll have to look at mine to see if they have the "seam".
i couldn't possibly give any less of a f*ck either way, to be completely honest.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:56:38 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm not sure about this but I beleive Amtec will allow you to inspect your lowers and refund your money if you don't like them .minus shipping .I am not sure about this but I beleive I read that on a post by Warren of Amtec.Iam sure if you ask before you order he will tell you up front .They apear honest.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Are the seams shown in Spooky130's pics on other's Ameetec receivers?  I'm planning on building several ARs over the winter and want to have decent machined receivers.  

Thanks!

Kurt
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Are the seams shown in Spooky130's pics on other's Ameetec receivers?  I'm planning on building several ARs over the winter and want to have decent machined receivers.  

Thanks!

Kurt

I just got my three...  all have the seams...  I just built one... went together slicker than my bushy.   Just as tight with the same upper as my bushy.  

Really nice finsh, though there are seams.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I just picked up eight last Thursday.  The finish is nice, but all have the forge marks as others have noted.  I haven't put any of them together yet but I have no reason to suspect there will be any problems.  For eighty bucks a pop (if bought in quantity) you can't go wrong with an Ameetec, and I personally don't find the seems to be a problem, as long as they function fine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I just built up my second... went together nice.   Put both of my built up Ameetecs next to my bushy...  the bushy has the seams as well.  I guess I really never noticed it.   They are slightly less prominate but still there.   Also the Ameetecs have just a tad more tooling marks in the channel for the front pivot (on the front side of the magazine well).  

All in all I'm very satisfied and recommend the Ameetec... I feel they are made good where it counts, like what I got, and am willing to pay a good bit less than a busy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:16:00 AM EDT
[#32]
FWIW...

A bushy lower I bought back in April has a seam just like this one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:57:53 AM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:21:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the feedback, guys.  I'm trying to put together a large purchase here in Central PA, and wanted to make sure that I wasn't recommending something that wouldn't be acceptable to the others.  

Thanks!

Kurt
http://www.teotwawki.net
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#35]
For the record, here is an AMEETEC next to the holy of all holy AR's, the COLT!

Note the same exact seam on the COLT especially in the trigger housing area, only it's been machined away in the web area to a flat surface. That is the only difference, which keeps production cheap.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#36]
And if you use an ergo type grip, it'll cover the seam anyway.

Rich
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey, someone used my picture!  I'm big time now!  

For the record, the top two pictures show the Stag, Lauer/LMT and a Mega receiver for reference - the next three are of the Ameetec.  Anyhow, the Ameetec is the only receiver that had a pronounced seem.  The other lowers didn't have it except for the Lauer/LMT which was very, very faint.  For saving money, the Stag and Mega are just as cheap as the Ameetec but don't have the seem.  I just thought it was unusual to see the seem that big...  Probably won't affect a thing...

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#38]
It is not really a seam. If you notice it is on some LAR made receivers. IT is one of the ways you tell who really machined your lower. Just guessing if you compare Ammetec, DPMS forged, L marked Bushmasters, Fulton Armory, and Grizzly lowers you may find very similar features in the milling of the rear interior area of the lowers and the metal  left on part of the forging.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I picked up my Ammetec lower receiver from the NJ/NY group buy.  I am very pleased with the quality of the lower.  The finish is a dark black color.  The machining is very good on the receiver, yes there is a seam on the web area of the lower but it looks just like the one I have on one of my Bushmaster lowers.  When I first saw the other photos in this thread I was a little worried about the seam, in reality it is not a big deal.    

Here are some pics I took of my lower and I placed my 2 Bushmaster uppers on them to give

Here is the right side of the Receiver

Here is the left side.  Like you guys clould not tell.  

Here is a BM A2 upper from late 1999/early 2000

Here is a BM A3 upper from Early 2002

I say they match up pretty well.  The Bushmaster are a little lighter in color but is is nothing to have a cow over.
Now if I only knew what to build it into.
Matt

ETA: The fit of the lower and the upper looks better in person.  I took the photos of the upper and lower on my bed.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#40]
The Ameetecs look GREAT. After I first read the post about the seam, I went down to our local gun shop(which is huge) and checked out The bushy's, armalites, and DPMS, and they ALL had some sort of seam, and looked identical to my ameetec which I had in hand. The seam on my ameetec is nowhere near the eyesore the one pictured in this post is, so it must have been a lemon. It's barely noticable, and is completely covered by the ergo grip anyways. The receiver went together like butter, and if I ever need another lower, i will not hesitate to buy  another Ameetec. The finish(which you actaully DO SEE), is second to NONE, and the lettering thats machined in, looks great unlike some of the other "top shelf" reeivers I've seen. They are every bit as good as any Bushy, RRA, or DPMS for sure
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks good to me!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top